Notifications and weblinks

Cov

Gawd
Hi, I have noticed two things:

1. I receive multiple notifications for the same thread, despite that I didn't check it.

hfzsr5.png

From my understanding, we get one notification if at least one person replied to the thread where we have subscribed to (notification via email enabled).
If more than one person replies, we shouldn't get notification for each person until we visit the thread in question, is that correct ?

2. When I post the link of a website, sometimes I can input a "label" (behind the address) which will then show up instead of the whole exact website address, and sometimes it wouldn't allow me.
In these cases the whole website address does show up.

Why might that be ?

Thank you

I would suggest clearing all your subs, logging out, clearing cookies and cache, then logging back in.

The editor problem is on your end, maybe the above will help. You can always turn off WYSIWYG editor in the CP.

From my understanding, we get one notification if at least one person replied to the thread where we have subscribed to (notification via email enabled).
If more than one person replies, we shouldn't get notification for each person until we visit the thread in question, is that correct ?
As far as my experiences go, I get a notification e-mail every time someone replies to a thread that I'm subscribed to, regardless of whether or not I've checked it. What you're seeing is normal behaviour as far as I know.
When I post the link of a website, sometimes I can input a "label" (behind the address) which will then show up instead of the whole exact website address, and sometimes it wouldn't allow me.
In these cases the whole website address does show up.

Why might that be ?
If you want to post a link like this, here's how you do it:

Replace all circular brackets with square ones like this: [ ]
(url=the URL you want to link to)The text you want(/url)

As far as my experiences go, I get a notification e-mail every time someone replies to a thread that I'm subscribed to, regardless of whether or not I've checked it. What you're seeing is normal behaviour as far as I know.

If you want to post a link like this, here's how you do it:

The default used to be instant email notification, we have changed that. Might need to clear your subs, log out, clear cache etc....

Why don't you just hi-light it in the editor and push the link button if you guys can get the tags right. Saves you from fat finger problems.

Call me old-fashioned, but I like writing out the tags by hand ;).

That is all fine and dandy IF you are able to do it easily. I still code all our articles by hand just because it is quicker than clicking with a mouse....

Back