Not enough fan inputs.

TheEak

Weaksauce
Joined
Dec 29, 2008
Messages
93
So I have a Foxconn A7GM-S. It's a good budget board and I really like it but there's only 2 inputs for fans (including the CPU cooler) so I'm stuck with having only 1 case fan. Is there any kind of splitter or adapter I could buy so I could use more fans?

Thanks
 
I wouldn't really recommend splitting the board fan ports since you could end up overloading them. However, you could grab some 3-pin to molex adapters and just run your fans straight off of your PSU.
 
Sucks though because you have to hear your fans run full power all the time. If that the case get a fan controller.
 
instead of buying more stuff>
budget is relative...

with that money you saved on the board...did you really save money by spending more to get more fans working? my suggestion......return board and buy a much better one for 40-50$ more and get more fan conn.,more options, more support, and more stability....cheaper in the end
 
instead of buying more stuff>
budget is relative...

with that money you saved on the board...did you really save money by spending more to get more fans working? my suggestion......return board and buy a much better one for 40-50$ more and get more fan conn.,more options, more support, and more stability....cheaper in the end

I don't think returning is an option...especially if he bought it from newegg. $40-50 for newer board, $15 or so for shipping, and you gotta factor in the restocking fee. How bought you just buy a fan controller?
 
I wouldn't really recommend splitting the board fan ports since you could end up overloading them. However, you could grab some 3-pin to molex adapters and just run your fans straight off of your PSU.

He may be able to get away with it depending on what fan he's using and how much the headers are rated for. If it's 0.5A he should be able to get away with running two fans on one.
 
He may be able to get away with it depending on what fan he's using and how much the headers are rated for. If it's 0.5A he should be able to get away with running two fans on one.
He may be able to, but I would still prefer to err on the side of caution, especially since this is a cheaper board.
 
Yeah, returning isn't an option since i bought this a few months ago. I'll look into the fan controllers. Any reccomendations?
 
I have the Thermaltake X-Controller, and I like it so far. It's cheap, it does what it needs to, looks cool, and comes with four of the 4-pin to 3-pin Molex adapters, something which many of them do not.

Link
 
Back
Top