Not buying eVGA again

That's my problem right now...I kind of just want to use it now.

I'm calling EVGA to see what they say. I wouldn't want to get into a situation in the future where they refuse to repair my card because I've gone at it with a pair of pliers.

It would be advisable to use coated pliers or, failing that, put a thin piece of cloth around the metal while bending it. Do it carefully and don't tell eVGA ahead of time :p

Wow they gave away a lot more stuff than I thought. I can see how that is very tempting to people.

Yes, it's cheezy to do just to promote that you are the #1 folding team.....

but, as a seller and designer of MBs and GPUs they have the capability to use their stuff as a reward to their members......not a whole lot different than giving away games amd T-shirts as bundled items with GPU sales or other promotions.

It could be done here with items that were given as review samples?

But still ranks as cheezy.

I actually think the folding incentive is great. Fantastic way to get people contributing to a cause. Who cares what team gets the points? It's being done for research, not the glorification of your ego.

Anyways, I called eVGA, and they assured me this was normal. I honestly have trouble believing that (I'll take pics when I get home), but they said I could bend it with my fingers, so I'll give it a shot. Don't really feel like driving to the store and back, since it's 45 minutes away.

It would be advisable to use coated pliers or, failing that, put a thin piece of cloth around the metal while bending it. Do it carefully and don't tell eVGA ahead of time :p

I actually told them I might take a pair of pliers to the card. Rep said "no problem".

I actually think the folding incentive is great. Fantastic way to get people contributing to a cause. Who cares what team gets the points? It's being done for research, not the glorification of your ego.

Anyways, I called eVGA, and they assured me this was normal. I honestly have trouble believing that (I'll take pics when I get home), but they said I could bend it with my fingers, so I'll give it a shot. Don't really feel like driving to the store and back, since it's 45 minutes away.

I actually told them I might take a pair of pliers to the card. Rep said "no problem".

Don't post pics, just bend the thing straight and USE IT! Its a great card once you put this little incident behind you :D

That's awesome. With whom did you speak? eVGA has some great people in customer relations. Mike F. was the reason I bought eVGA.

I spoke to whoever has the phone that feeds back my voice into it. Hah. Could barely concentrate while I was speaking because of that.

Doesn't seem that big of a deal to me, if it doesn't work after you straighten the bracket then return or RMA it. Regardless of the damage inflicted by the shipping courier, you have the only brand with a lifetime warranty.

PNY has lifetime warranty as well; did you mean "the only good brand" with lifetime warranty? :D

You don't buy a brand new car with dings in the doors, do you?

No, but i would buy a new car that had a scratch or ding on the exhaust pipe. as its a mechanical part of the car and has nothing to do with the overall look of the car and still functions properly much like a video card has nothing to do with the overall look of the outside of a computer. As long as it works to its specs and lasts a good long time, no harm no fowl.

No, but i would buy a new car that had a scratch or ding on the exhaust pipe. as its a mechanical part of the car and has nothing to do with the overall look of the car and still functions properly much like a video card has nothing to do with the overall look of the outside of a computer. As long as it works to its specs and lasts a good long time, no harm no fowl.
Yeah you don't want a chicken in your PC anyways.

Well I bent it back. All is okay. Overreaction total.

I'm glad I kept it...seems like a good overclocker so far. Quick n' dirty overclock, with no voltage changes, have it stable in Furmark at 840/2100.

Back