Not anti-virus/spyware/malware will run

Overspeed

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I have this latop that I know if severely infected. I know for certain it has the Total Security & Windows Antivirus 2009 malware. I have also found traces of Lampsy Trojan, Biforse Trojan, Lineage-AV Trojan.

I have been able to kill these manually. I beleive there must be more infections. Whenever I try to install or run ANY type of anti-virus/spyware/malware it fails. I have tried MalwareBytes, SpyBot S&D, SuperAntispyware, Asquared and some others. These programs will either install .. IE ... the installer shuts down right away, or they will install but as soon as a scan is initiated they are shut down ... and once shut down they will not open again.

I have tried the renaming of the scan exectuable files as I read in some forums. This has no effect. No matter what I try no program will operate. I know there are still infections because regedit.exe will not start, msconfig will not start, when I right click on my computer and choose "properties" that wont load either.

I can see that iexplore.exe is running, and whenever I close it, it restarts itself without actually showing the browser. If I delete iexplore.exe from Program Files another one spawns.

I cannot boot into safemode. When I try, the drivers start to load but eventually the laptop just reboots itself after a point.

This PC just has be stumped. I would appreciate any advice. Thank you.

OS

Reformat. The system is probably too fucked to work properly even after you clean it.

However, have you tried to just attaching that laptop hard drive to another and properly secured PC and scanning the laptop hard drive from there?

boot drive into another system, browse to c:\windows\system32 and delete the odd files UAC or Skynet.....

boot drive into system back into safemode, run combofix

run mbam
run ccleaner

First advice: Reformat, as was said before. If there's data you absolutely NEED to back up before you reformat, try either Avira's live CD or a linux live CD to get the files to an external drive to be scanned & cleaned.

Pfft.

Pull the drive and run an external scan. Reinstall the drive and try downloading Xp security console to reset some of the administrative functions to run malwarebytes/combofix/etc.

Hitman pro.

I run across this problem everyday at work. Another thing you can try is renaming the files from a .exe to a .com. Try Hitman pro first though. Then run Malwarebytes and SUPERAntispyware (if they will let you). I'd also run Dr. Web Cureit, Spybot, MSE, and NOD 32 Online Scanner as well as delete your old restore points and run Ccleaner before you run any of these removal programs. It will help speed up the process.

From a clean computer, download Malwarebytes. Install it on the clean machine. Locate the program executable and rename it to anything but its original name(e.g. rewurhbsdb.exe). Copy it to a flash drive. Rename the installer to anything but the original name and copy it to your flash drive. Now install the renamed version of Malwarebytes on the infected computer. Delete the mbam.exe executable and copy your renamed version to the directory. You should now be able to run the program.

This wont work if you rename the files on the infected machine. It watches the change and will prevent you from executing the program.

Yeah if there are rootkits on the system, you'll want to remove those first before scanning for any other viruses.

Thank you all for your replies, I will try killing the rootkits, and go from there. Much Appreciated.

OS

Back