• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Norton Ghost question about recovery..

Quagmire02

n00b
Joined
May 17, 2005
Messages
60
I had a 250 gig HDD partitioned as a C: (10GB) D: (150GB) and E: (90GB). I planned to upgrade my mobo to a pci-e, sli, and from the VIA to nForce chipset. I went from the Asus A8V deluxe to the Gigabyte G8NSLI mobo and threw in a new gefore 6600GT card.

Before I did all this, I ghosted my C drive with the ASUS and saved the image on D. Now, I know I can't just ghost the image back onto C because it would screw up my compatibility, but is it possible to make another 10GB partition, ghost the image onto there, get the files I need (i know, should have saved individual files before hand), and then delete the partition? I have Nortion partition magic, as well. Any advice?
 
Depending on which version of Ghost you have you should be able to mount (open) the image file right within Windows and copy individual files over.
 
Back
Top