• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

noobish set up questions

merith

n00b
Joined
Sep 1, 2010
Messages
33
Alright while I'm waiting on machines to get here I might as well try to learn wtf I'm doing:


My everyday use machine is a windows 7 (willing to change os if necessary) box which would probably work fine as a server to the two machines coming but then I suppose I'd have to have all three of them on 24/7.

So far my idea is to run the new new machines right to the router and then just plug in a monitor (low power video cards on the way), keyboard and mouse to check in on them now and then. There are probably a half dozen problems with this I'm not thinking of at the moment though and it makes things kind of a pain to check in on.


If there's a way to kind of monitor and control the two new machines from my every day desktop without requiring me to leave the desktop on 24/7 I suppose that would be the best solution, but I'm not really aware of anything like that.

Any help untangling all of this would be appreciated.


----------


As a separate issue if you're going caseless I gather any non-conductive material is an okay base, correct? ie plexiglass, wood, acryllic, etc
 
Last edited:
Are you talking about networking in general or monitoring F@H clients on a home network?
 
oop, sorry. For clarification it would be monitoring the F@H clients on the home network.
 
use HFM to monitor the progress....

as for remote temp monitoring, i havent figured that out, very interested in it though
 
ah great, that's easy enough. I didn't realize HFM could pick up the clients of other systems on your home network. Thanks.
 
Back
Top