Noob Questions..

How often do You recommend transferring to coinbase from the nicehash wallet?

Last edited:
I would get it out as soon as I could... Not like NH has been hacked before....

Just transferred my first earnings to coinbase. How long do you guys leave them in there before you sell or use them?

Just transferred my first earnings to coinbase. How long do you guys leave them in there before you sell or use them?

That's entirely up to you. At this point it's treated as an investment, weigh the following things:

- Do I need the money? If yes, spend it or convert it to USD. If no, ask yourself the following:
- Am I willing to risk leaving the money in its current BTC state, or do I want to convert to USD?
- Am I willing to give up on future gains of BTC? Because that's what you are doing by converting to USD/pulling your BTC out.
- Am I willing to risk future losses by not cashing out?

I'm personally of the mind that when I reach enough BTC value to recoup my initial investment, I may convert at least that amount to USD, if at that time the exchange rate is relatively good. Mostly though, I think I'll let it ride. My reasoning for that is that I can afford to lose this money, it's not crucial to my day-to-day. So I'm willing to take the associated risks. But everyone's situation is different. If you don't have an emergency fund and/or if you are having trouble making ends meet, you are in a vastly different situation than I am.

That's entirely up to you. At this point it's treated as an investment, weigh the following things:

- Do I need the money? If yes, spend it or convert it to USD. If no, ask yourself the following:
- Am I willing to risk leaving the money in its current BTC state, or do I want to convert to USD?
- Am I willing to give up on future gains of BTC? Because that's what you are doing by converting to USD/pulling your BTC out.
- Am I willing to risk future losses by not cashing out?

I am not in any hurry. I think i will leave them in there kind of like a savings account. If i need them i will cash them out for USD. What method do you guys/gals use to cash them out for USD when/if you do?

I am not in any hurry. I think i will leave them in there kind of like a savings account. If i need them i will cash them out for USD. What method do you guys/gals use to cash them out for USD when/if you do?
The answer is in page one of this very thread.

This thread (and others) has been really useful for me so thanks to everyone for posting. Unfortunately I ran into the issue of Gdax not being available for Minnesota (as well as Wyoming and another state), so that throws a wrench in the works.

My initial plan was just to cash out every time I hit .002BTC (which is about every 10-12 days for me, depending on how much time I have it running) to avoid most of the fees. Plus as it's a new thing for me I wanted to get some money out of it right away so that even if things went horribly wrong it still hasn't cost me anything, as I already owned my graphics card, so electric is the only expense. Now I'm thinking I'll just hold everything I mine in my Coinbase wallet until I find the next easiest way to cash out or when Gdax allows Minnesota residents to use it.

Back