• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Noob quesitons about install :( do I use mobo cd?

treepop

Weaksauce
Joined
Jan 23, 2007
Messages
91
I just bought a combo deal from fry's and am installing

core i5-750
MSI P55M-GD41

I am curious....do I need to install the drivers off the included cd?

I am using windows 7 home premium

THANKS!
 
You probably won't but I'd install the driver for the onboard audio if you're not using a soundcard.
 
Probably not. For best results, I'd recommend you download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.
 
I am using the xtreme music....my last install had auto update which ROCKED...but now I can't find it :(
 
Can't you go to the manufacturer's website for the sound card and then download the driver for the sound card?
 
I use the mobo CD for internet drivers.

Ditto. That's really the only driver I use off the mobo CD. Everything else, I just go to the manufacturer website of the ICC (not the mobo manufacturer) and get the latest drivers.
 
I ran the msi auto update and it said there were no updates. So I ASSUME I am good to go, but I could be wrong....


*EDTIT*
is there a tool that searches and makes sure I have all the latest drivers?
 
is there a tool that searches and makes sure I have all the latest drivers?

Intel has one on their site but it (obviously) only detects the necessary Intel drivers. This could be chipset, graphics, and Ethernet controller. Other than that, Windows Update under 7 is good at finding drivers. It's what I use.
 
Back
Top