BioInclined
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- May 23, 2011
- Messages
- 332
Looking to add a 1TB drive or so the a friends PC. I would think it's as simple as plug and play into the SATA port, but, in BIOS will i have to ensure the drive with the OS is set to boot first?
I know RAID would be great but he is not into anything crazy, just needs music and movie storage space and maybe a few more games.
I searched here but i get a lot of 2004-2006 results talking about "slave", "IDE", etc.
I'd rather not have to bother to transfer OS and files.
Thanks guys
Not sure if it matters, but he currently has a WD Caviar Black and i am not sure of what drive i'm going to pick up for him yet.
I know RAID would be great but he is not into anything crazy, just needs music and movie storage space and maybe a few more games.
I searched here but i get a lot of 2004-2006 results talking about "slave", "IDE", etc.
I'd rather not have to bother to transfer OS and files.
Thanks guys
Not sure if it matters, but he currently has a WD Caviar Black and i am not sure of what drive i'm going to pick up for him yet.