• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NOISY output..........

Dr. Righteous

2[H]4U
Joined
Aug 1, 2007
Messages
3,163
Hey guys.
This is probably a dead horse of a thread because I bet it is a common complaint.

The audio from my MB is rather noisy compared to an old system I used.
In my home office my main work system was an old P4 that croaked because of a corrupt registry. I decided to put it to rest and started using the system in my sig.
I have never plugged it up to my amp and big speakers so I was surprised when I realized how noisy (background noise) it was. You hear a buzz when you move the mouse and you hear hums and buzzes on HD activity.
My old system did this too but you really had to crank the gain up to hear it. This one you hear it at normal listening levels. It is pretty annoying. Is this usually particular to brands, or a common complaint for PC of this level??
 
I'd say it is fairly common for on-board analog outputs and at the same time the S/PDIF output is usually crystal clear.

You may want to check that your computer is grounded properly and has adequate power supply.
 
I'd say it is fairly common for on-board analog outputs and at the same time the S/PDIF output is usually crystal clear.

You may want to check that your computer is grounded properly and has adequate power supply.

Yeah, I have the S/PDIF on a RCA/coaxal output but I have anything to plug it into.
My audio gear is old school. I will have to come up with a digital processor/preamp of some kind I guess.

Any know if I added a PCI audio card (have a old SB Audigy card) if it might resolve this issue??
 
WOW. Tried a little experiment.
I kept hearing the "buzzs" noises from moving my mouse very faintly. AI looked down at my preamp in my rack and noticed the volume was all the way down.
I then turn the preamp off and realized I could STILL HEAR the noise.
I then turned my main amp off. And then the noise disappeared. I could move the mouse and I didn't hear it anymore. This tells me the system generates a HUGE amount of RF noise that is picked up by cabling and other equipment. In my opinion analog audio out from this system is useless unless you are using the dinky speakers in the LCD monitor. :(
 
try muting your inputs. Are you hooking it up to a old reciever or a boombox?
 
Back
Top