Noise and performance

mkiv87

n00b
Hello! I have an i7 4790k with a gigabyte z97 gaming 3 and a gigabyte 980ti graphics.
Some time ago I have a problem and it is that suddenly I put a game and it sounds terrible, as if it had interferences and it is accompanied by a drop in performance in the graphics. Sometimes it is solved by restarting the pc and other times by resetting from the reset button.
When I succeed in not making the "failure" it does not happen again until I turn off the PC and start it again.

https://anonfiles.com/355439Rdua/Pc980ti_m4a

Does anyone have any ideas and can help me out? Greetings and thanks !!

Without knowing the origin of the sound, it sounds like some sort of fan failure. It'd make sense performance falling off a cliff if the fan wasn't moving enough air, whatever it was cooling would overheat and thermal throttle.

I think you had the microphone too close during recording.
I'm hearing distortion in the audio due to 'clipping'? That seems to be drowning out other noises.
Could you re-try recording please?

Good afternoon, I add a video where the noise is better appreciated, by minimizing the game the noise disappears, but when I return to the game it continues.
I have tried several games.
It does not always happen, although it is becoming more and more repetitive.
video

No, it shouldn't cause a drop in performance. Sometimes it's the other way around - if you reach high FPS in a game you might start to hear audible whine.

Now, I listened to your re-uploaded file and apologies if I sound dumb, but it's a jumbled mess of many sounds, including game sound effects?

And you're placing the microphone near the screen, right?

Please clarify if you can. But if this is all that you hear in an otherwise silent room - it's strange. Sounds like a broken soundcard (could cause a drop in performance). I've heard a _similar_ sound (more like hissing though) only once and that was a failing PSU.

Another detail that's important is what are you using for sound? Onboard audio? Analog out? Digital? Digital output from the graphics card?

Can you get the problem to appear during watching films or listening to music (no game running)?

Hello! i don't have sound card, i guess it comes out through the motherboard integrated card through the hdmi port of the gtx 980ti graphics card. all the noise you hear is produced on the TV where the PC is connected. When I minimize the game, the noises and slowdowns disappear until I maximize the game again ... it's all very strange ...

The power supply is an Aerocool zh019 052a strike x 1100w

Okay thanks now it's all clear.

It disappears when you minimize probably because the card goes into a lower power mode (2D).
Sounds like you need to update your video card drivers (the HDMI part is included in those, download directly from nvidia's page) and make sure Windows is up to date.

That'd be my first step, anyway.

Okay thanks now it's all clear.

It disappears when you minimize probably because the card goes into a lower power mode (2D).
Sounds like you need to update your video card drivers (the HDMI part is included in those, download directly from nvidia's page) and make sure Windows is up to date.

That'd be my first step, anyway.
I have already tried that option, different nvidia drivers

I have already tried that option, different nvidia drivers
Ugh, looks like we might have to try many other things, unless someone has a very similar rig and had that problem. Do you by chance know the model of your motherboard?

Funnily enough sometimes ensuring that old drivers dont get auto installed involves using a tool like DDU (removes gpu drivers aggressively).

Have you tried outputting sound through the audio ports located on your motherboard/case?

Back