No video or POST (I think)

onetwenty8k

2[H]4U
Just put together the new system but :( I don't get any video.

i7 930
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
6GB Corsair XMS3
Sapphire 5850
SeaSonic X650

So it was put together. I push the power button and I hear it start up but no post chime (note, I do not have the motherboard speaker but I assume the board has something?). There is no video on the screen and I do have two PCI-E power connectors to the card. There are two CPU connector cables for the PSU and I have tried both of them. It's 6 pin on both of them but one of them has an extra 4 holes that do not have pins in them so I don't see the difference. The main 24pin ATX connector is in. Is there something I'm missing?

Parts tested.

PSU, I have it running in my old machine just fine. I guess I'll try different video slots tomorrow but I'm guessing it's probably the motherboard. I can try the video card in my old machine later to see if it boots up and I get an image.

Any other ideas?

Follow the directions the "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when the PC does not POST.

I reseated the CPU and tested with another GPU in the same slot. All the fans turn on, but I don't hear a post beep and I still don't get video. RMA Motherboard?

Board exchanged, will post back later with results.

New board installed, still same thing. I have tried barebones with one stick of RAM and then with no RAM installed, no post chime and no video output. Could it possibly be the processor? I mean I think I can exclude the RAM because with no RAM installed still no chime and the only thing I haven't isolated yet is the CPU.

Last edited:
Back