...no, THIS will blow your mind!

Dude, that's hardcore.

Although...I could easily see my dog getting in the way, as usual.

Very neat, I still dream of the day when sci-fi holo displays are a common technology.

I look forward to the day when the "heliodisplay" is as high quality as that monitor behind it. :drool:

Hows it work?

Would be neat to have a whole bunch of em in a row and slice render something three dimensional.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Isnt that possible that it could be just a projector? I dont know how that is possible yet. Just my 2cents

Wow, that is REALLY cool. I wonder how exactly they project the image without a screen...

That is freaking cool. That's about the same quality as in star wars...help us Obi Wan you are our only hope. :eek:

Tutelary said:
God this is old. Really old.

yea, quite old, saw it about a yera ago, and yes its real, no its not fake, not its not a concept, yes its real, yes its cool, no it can't do 3d yet, yes they are working on it, yes you can buy it, no they are not cheap, yes they are around 32,000$

looks like this made the frontpage :p

while the prototypes are old the latest units are news worthy and based on the hints I found I just bet you could make a crude one of these, I would guess its more or less a fog machine (read real fog) with a very controlled output, condensing moisture out of the room air that is then projected onto.

For you people who ever watched Bones of Fox. Is this the same technology they used on that screen they have when they are examing a victim?

Lazy_Moron said:
For you people who ever watched Bones of Fox. Is this the same technology they used on that screen they have when they are examing a victim?
no, thats completely fake. Its a production render.

Back