No more windows 7 family pack?

megawzrd

Gawd
Wow. Bad move microsoft.

Just my luck...vacation comes around and I finally have the time to mess around with my home systems. I figure its about time to jump on the windows 7 wagon only to find out that the best offer microsoft had has dried up.

Couldn't find the three user pack anywhere. Looks like microsoft took it off their site too.

There is no way I am paying $350 plus to upgrade three systems after having seen it for $149.

F^&k em...Ill use xp for another 7 years. The darkside (apple) is looking interesting, and linux is getting better all the time as well.

Always ebay or craigslist if you want to go that route.

However they had Home Premium on sale for $50 for at least two months before the release and the Pro for $100. That or just buy TechNet for $200 since they seem to have a coupon for $100 as of late.

Always ebay or craigslist if you want to go that route.

However they had Home Premium on sale for $50 for at least two months before the release and the Pro for $100. That or just buy TechNet for $200 since they seem to have a coupon for $100 as of late.

yeah, it looks like a one-time promo deal:(

Wow. Bad move microsoft.

Just my luck...vacation comes around and I finally have the time to mess around with my home systems. I figure its about time to jump on the windows 7 wagon only to find out that the best offer microsoft had has dried up.

Couldn't find the three user pack anywhere. Looks like microsoft took it off their site too.

There is no way I am paying $350 plus to upgrade three systems after having seen it for $149.

F^&k em...Ill use xp for another 7 years. The darkside (apple) is looking interesting, and linux is getting better all the time as well.

Got my copy just in time, before NewEgg discontinued it.
I sympathise, it was a good deal while it lasted, I would never
pay full price for it either.

MS is screwing most people, it seems.

When they first talked about the family pack, I thought MS was finally doing something right. I have 4 computers and 2 laptops at home and there was no way in hell I was gonna try to upgrade them to Windows 7 due to the cost. At $50 a license, I have no problem with it. To my mind, anything higher is just plain too much. I even bought a home version of Office for $60, which also has 3 licenses, so for $210 I got the OS and Office software for 3 machines. Totally great deal. I have no idea why they made the family pack a limited time offer. Completely boneheaded move on their part IMO.

WTF??!! I had to wait til today when I got paid. Now no one has them in stock.

Fuck you Microsoft!

It was a promo to spur sales when Windows 7 was released.....well over a month ago. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to offer deals when a product is released. If you are a reader on a forum such as this, you would have already been trying Windows 7 out for many months now, so when the Family Packs went on sale, you'd know if you wanted them or not...long before now.

Sure, I'd love to see the pricing extended, but it was available for quite some time. There are plenty of other legit ways to obtain cheap licenses.

It was a promo to spur sales when Windows 7 was released.....well over a month ago. It's not uncommon for manufacturers to offer deals when a product is released. If you are a reader on a forum such as this, you would have already been trying Windows 7 out for many months now, so when the Family Packs went on sale, you'd know if you wanted them or not...long before now.

Sure, I'd love to see the pricing extended, but it was available for quite some time. There are plenty of other legit ways to obtain cheap licenses.

And having been out of work this summer cash was tight. I finally had the extra $$ today. Last night everywhere had them. Today, nothing.

Legit cheap licenses? Start listing please.

And having been out of work this summer cash was tight. I finally had the extra $$ today. Last night everywhere had them. Today, nothing.
I've been there, and while frustrating, that doesn't make it Microsoft's fault.
Legit cheap licenses? Start listing please.
The list really needs to be put up again? TechNet, Student Discounts, System Builder licenses (as long as they are still being sold), etc.

I've been there, and while frustrating, that doesn't make it Microsoft's fault.

The list really needs to be put up again? TechNet, Student Discounts, System Builder licenses (as long as they are still being sold), etc.

None of these apply to me or would actually cost more to acquire.

I could see them selling until they ran out of copies, but to pull them off the shelves?
Staples had them too. My wife just went there (she works next door) none on the shelves. They had 4 copies yesterday.

I honestly didn't know that was a limited time package, I thought it was a great idea. I'm wondering if they decided to pulled it because of the clean installation upgrade tricks.

Looks like if it is in stock, then it is selling for $200+ on Amazon and Ebay. Luckily I got mine for $150 at Office Depot back in late October.

I saw a copy of Windows 7 family pack at Wal-Mart yesterday. It was $149. It's in an orange box.

What's in the orange box? The.. best... operating system ... ever.

Back