No more rumors!!!!

Then don't read the threads..how difficult is that?

Which ones? The one about video cards or the one where im having an affair with Jessica Alba?

How awesome would it be if people had to explain with evidence their expectations? Or if there were actual repercussions for making baseless rumors that turn out to be false?

I don't think I've ever seen more baseless hype around a video card release with such little solid information available. Haven't we learned anything from Bulldozer at all? Just wait... I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised than be disappointed again

How awesome would it be if people had to explain with evidence their expectations? Or if there were actual repercussions for making baseless rumors that turn out to be false?

I don't think I've ever seen more baseless hype around a video card release with such little solid information available. Haven't we learned anything from Bulldozer at all? Just wait... I'd much rather be pleasantly surprised than be disappointed again

This!!! ;)

I can't take it anymore.... :mad:
This happens every time a big release is set to come out, and the hype is even bigger when the architecture of the hardware changes dramatically.

If you don't like the rumor threads, don't read them. Simple as that. I honestly don't mind them too much, but what I can't stand is the ridiculous bickering in them as fanboys argue fruitlessly over something they have no concrete evidence on. Its one thing to converse and speculate on the subject, but there are too many that pick over the little shit and twist words. It never ends well.

i agree. I will be waiting on intel igp for a while. I really don't want to blow the cash on a 580 now and regret it when the 680 comes along and the 580 prices drop more.

If everyone had facts, there would be no need to log into this site. You'll gather the news and move on.
False rumors and baseless opinions keeps forums going. You must correct someone, even if you're not correct yourself.

You haven't been paying much attention then. It's always like this. Always. Besides, what's the point of a discussion board, if it isn't to discuss things?

Heck, there was a 1000 post thread on just the 6970:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1556495

There is a rumor than rumor threads will be banned from this forum and only allowed in GenMay threads :D :p

I just want to be able to make my decision, 7970 or GTX 680 aye tis doing my head in lol

This happens every time a big release is set to come out, and the hype is even bigger when the architecture of the hardware changes dramatically.

If you don't like the rumor threads, don't read them. Simple as that. I honestly don't mind them too much, but what I can't stand is the ridiculous bickering in them as fanboys argue fruitlessly over something they have no concrete evidence on. Its one thing to converse and speculate on the subject, but there are too many that pick over the little shit and twist words. It never ends well.

but we always get drawn in, in hopes there is a link to real info! :(

I just want to be able to make my decision, 7970 or GTX 680 aye tis doing my head in lol

Pretty sure if you waited this long then the GTX 680 wont disappoint and most likely will be better than the 7970 just based off previous generational trends.

However the price to performance ratio, availability, and how much better is always going to be the question. I feel I can safely assume that the GTX 680 will probably out perform the 7970, but that's just speculation and unless Nvidia drops the ball big time (which I doubt at this point) then it'll be the way things are and always have been since the death of 3DFX.

Graphics Card Company A releases best card on the market, Graphics Card B releases the new best card on the market, Graphics Card Company releases a new version being the best on the market, and so on and so forth.

Just save your money and buy a PS4 that is where most of the games are going to be in the future anyway. Even though this was a good year for PC games I don't think they will come out as fast as people would like due to the economic circumstances.

Will you feel better after buying a new car or Keplar card maybe =)

Back