• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No more girls on videocards?

Potatocodone

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 30, 2008
Messages
4,859
Was looking at my friend's ASUS 4850 earlier tonight.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I remember when the ATi 4-series came out ASUS, Gigabyte, and so forth had a number of cards on the market with girls with on it. Whatever happen to it? Do they not like girls anymore?
 
Last edited:
Because they'll be sued by the womens lib unless they put steroidal half naked men on them too.
 
^^ they thought about it but didn’t find a sufficient cooler
 
I'm actually so, so happy they stopped putting lame anime women on graphics cards. That's a fun thing to explain to new potential girlfriends/parents/friends etc.
 
Women don't mind if you have dudes on your computer stuff but any woman will be jealous of another.
 
Women don't mind if you have dudes on your computer stuff but any woman will be jealous of another.

Your woman is jealous of computer generated pictures on hardware?:rolleyes:

That's not... normal
 
If I worked at the factory one in every 1000 cards would have a drawing of a penis on it.
 
They should start selling celebrity editions. Chuck Norris cards would be awesome.
 
I think the only time I'd have an anime man on my card is if it were someone from Dragonball Z that goes Super Saiyan based on GPU usage.
 
I'd much rather have a plain black/red/whatever card with absolutely nothing but a plain logo on it. Makes for a much cleaner looking system than cartoons/anime/monsters.
 
Maybe Duke Nukem pissing on the GPU looking like he's cooling it. That would be epic.
 
I'd much rather have a plain black/red/whatever card with absolutely nothing but a plain logo on it. Makes for a much cleaner looking system than cartoons/anime/monsters.

My favorite is the black rectangular cooler style - maybe with the red or green portions (just a line, the sticker on the fan, etc).

Looks very clean and professional.
 
I prefer my vidseocards without any art on them at all.

Plain black plastic with a little ATI/Nvidia logo on it would be prefereable.

I always CRINGE when I receive a new videocard from newegg and it has something ridiculous like this on the packaging or on the board itself. (in this particular case packaging only, not board)

powercolor_radeon_hd_5750_passive.jpg


The reference designs always look so much better.

Nvidia-GTX-480.jpg


Enough with the embarrasing tough dudes with swords or girls dressed in skimpy outfits with fairy wings on my technology already. If they sold the nice plain reference designs I'd buy them every time.

And can we please have high performing CPU coolers without stupid LED's or colors? :rolleyes:

Its ridiculous. I don't need my computer lit up like a christmas tree... :mad:
 
Zarathustra[H];1036341892 said:
Enough with the embarrasing tough dudes with swords or girls dressed in skimpy outfits with fairy wings on my technology already. If they sold the nice plain reference designs I'd buy them every time.

And can we please have high performing CPU coolers without stupid LED's or colors? :rolleyes:

Its ridiculous. I don't need my computer lit up like a christmas tree... :mad:

Same - it's annoying enough that I have lights glowing out of the back of my PSU. I have LEDs on the front of my HTPC laptop (bright blue fancy LEDs) that I have put tape over since they're almost blinding when it's very dark in here.
 
Your woman is jealous of computer generated pictures on hardware?:rolleyes:

That's not... normal

I've had female officemates that put pictures of naked men on their desktops and pictureframes. Even have them as calendars.

Really creeped me out.

Made me wonder if women felt the same way.
 
I've had female officemates that put pictures of naked men on their desktops and pictureframes. Even have them as calendars.

Really creeped me out.

Made me wonder if women felt the same way.

I've never worked anywhere where having a girly (or stud) calendar / desktop wouldn't get you fired instantly for sexual harassment...

What kind of a place was this? Did they not have a harassment policy?
 
I'm actually so, so happy they stopped putting lame anime women on graphics cards. That's a fun thing to explain to new potential girlfriends/parents/friends etc.

One of the many reasons I don't buy cases with windows. It's annoying enough that the air vents let out the light from the super bright LED's :rolleyes:

Now, if I could buy one of those sleek, sculpted, reference design GTX480's above, I might not be averse to having a case window...
 
Zarathustra[H];1036342079 said:
I've never worked anywhere where having a girly (or stud) calendar / desktop wouldn't get you fired instantly for sexual harassment...

What kind of a place was this? Did they not have a harassment policy?

An game hosting company and a government subsidized office that handles accounting.

Some girls also go to work in nothing but black. I never realized you can actually have an entire warddrobe in black! Guys are your normal unkept hair and slacks. The girls aren't bad looking, but are just plain weird! If they're doing it to keep the guys away, it's working.

BTW, i've got a ton of anime. When guys ask for something, we slip in a few hentais just for kicks. The girls go right up to me and ask straight out what i've got that's hentai and maybe some Yaoi or Shota :eek:

Conclusion: The guys are getting pwned in the nerd department. Put a sticker of a body builder in there and it'll probably sell.
 
I'm actually so, so happy they stopped putting lame anime women on graphics cards. That's a fun thing to explain to new potential girlfriends/parents/friends etc.


why because your new girlfriend, parents and friends actually sit there and stare inside your computer. need a better excuse then that. just saying the anime characters are stupid would of sufficed.
 
why because your new girlfriend, parents and friends actually sit there and stare inside your computer. need a better excuse then that. just saying the anime characters are stupid would of sufficed.

You don't know my girlfriend :D.

And besides, my father actually *did* make a comment when I opened a powercolor 4850 in front of him :p.

And lots of guys are interested in my computer, because men like machines, of any sort. Especially computers with tubes, pumps and radiators kicking around.
 
Maybe they can take video card girls and you know, put them into games as main characters instead.
 
i hated those damn pics. all they did was appeal to the anime spazz, who tell their mom to buy them new cards just so the girls in final fantasys tits will bounce more unrealistically .
 
Back
Top