No monitor signal with new mobo

biru32

Limp Gawd
I just replaced my mobo with a MSI mirco ATX. When I turn on the computer however, no monitor signal.

With the old mobo, I did have a ATI PCI graphics card installed. I had to diable the integrated video port, but this shouldn't matter for the BIOS screen should it? I have tried both the video port on the mobo and the video port on my graphics card and neither are generating a signal.

Am I missing some setting with this new mobo in order to get the mobo to push a signal to the port(s)?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

If its a new motherboard and it has onboard vga, remove the pci and just see if you get signal from the onboard vga.

If it doesnt work that way, there may be something with the CPU... Did you connect all the power cables from the PSU to the motherboard?

Only connect your PCI card in the end, when you are sure that your motherboard is ok.

What kind of graphics expansion port is on the board? I've tried using a PCI card in some PCIe based systems and it won't boot up unless it has a PCIe card in there as a graphics expansion.

kirbyrj said:
What kind of graphics expansion port is on the board? I've tried using a PCI card in some PCIe based systems and it won't boot up unless it has a PCIe card in there as a graphics expansion.

The mobo has three 32-bit Master PCI slots. According to the mainboard manual, this board doesn't have PCIe slots. Thanks.

tripex said:
If its a new motherboard and it has onboard vga, remove the pci and just see if you get signal from the onboard vga.

If it doesnt work that way, there may be something with the CPU... Did you connect all the power cables from the PSU to the motherboard?

Only connect your PCI card in the end, when you are sure that your motherboard is ok.

I haven't tried booting without the graphics card yet. This is worth a shot. Thanks. I've connected the P1 power cable, fan cables, the power switch cable and the LED cables to the mainboard. That's all of the power cables correct?

biru32 said:
I haven't tried booting without the graphics card yet. This is worth a shot. Thanks. I've connected the P1 power cable, fan cables, the power switch cable and the LED cables to the mainboard. That's all of the power cables correct?

Did you try plugging the monitor into the onboard? Sometimes they are setup to only show it on the onboard by default.

I don't know the technical name for it but does your motherboard have one of the 4 bin power plugs on it? If so would need that plugged in too.

eth00 said:
Did you try plugging the monitor into the onboard? Sometimes they are setup to only show it on the onboard by default.

I don't know the technical name for it but does your motherboard have one of the 4 bin power plugs on it? If so would need that plugged in too.

Are you talking about the P4 connector that comes with a ATX12V PSU? I have that, but I don't think that plugs anywhere into the board I have. I have the 20 pin power plug connected, but that's a given that it has to be plugged. Thanks.

I'm sorry for wasting everyones time. After careful analysis, I found that the CPU needs power too, I forgot to plug it in. A big duh and again, I'm sorry.

biru32 said:
Are you talking about the P4 connector that comes with a ATX12V PSU? I have that, but I don't think that plugs anywhere into the board I have. I have the 20 pin power plug connected, but that's a given that it has to be plugged. Thanks.

Thanks, I guess you WERE talking about the P4 connector! I forgot to plug it in!

Back