No Man's Sky Update

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
No Man's Sky is announcing its "largest" upcoming update. My teenage daughter is still upset that she wasted a $50 gift card on the game and has pledged to get its value back in blood one day. It is also coming to XBone in an attempt to disappoint even the console plebs with low expectations.

Check out the video....its funny.

Coming in Summer 2018 is No Man's Sky NEXT, a free update for PS4, PC, Xbox and WeGame. It's our largest update so far, and we're working our socks off

And in other news, the game's name is being changed to No Person's Sky. It does not matter, because it is still going to suck.

Reddit was speculating that VR was coming to the universe, but I paid zero attention to those rumors.

I'm that guy that has enjoyed it since day one. It's a casual game, and for those of us with very young children, a casual game you can pick up and put down is pretty cool. I also didn't pay much for it, so...

I remember all the crap back when this was launched and I also have seen stories that updates have improved things. I'm waiting for this to hit $30/$35 on Steam then i'm grabbing it.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
I’d rather play Elite Dangerous, still not seeing anything positive No Mans Sky does better than it.

I had put the game on my back burner for a year or so, but snagged it on sale from Steam when they put out their 1.3 update. I squeezed about 110 or so hours out of it before I was satisfied and done. It hit all my buttons for space flight, discovery, space combat, base building, missions, etc. Super vague on the story, but then again I don't play the occasional Minecraft for the story either.

If this update has something pretty cool on it I may reinstall it.

I was explained that it was a planet finding sim. Naming stuff and not being elite and dangerous.

I can understand the disappointment

I’d rather play Elite Dangerous, still not seeing anything positive No Mans Sky does better than it.

It's this, really. Elite is also a hollow shell of a game but it does everything that NMS does, and better.

Sadly, Elite could have been a better game if one of it's "killer" features (the Milky Way) was pared down to a few hundred or thousand systems with more content in them. Procedural generation is both a blessing and a curse. Star Citizen I think is doing it the right way with regards to designing the game worlds. Wait, did I just use SC as a positive example? I will temper that by saying everything else with SC is a shitshow.

I almost bought into ground floor star citizen but have not seen great fund to release games.

At this point if they keep adding and not releasing I don't see it being completed.
Its lime 5 games in 1

A major bug like GAME DOES NOT WORK WITH AMD VIDEO CARDS that goes unmentioned does not seem to endear customer.

I thought they released a bunch of updates which made the game much better. So why constinued bashing?

I purchased the game for ~$20-25 after the last large update because people were raving about how much better it was.

I can't say comparatively because I never played the pre-patch game, but I can say that the game has much deeper flaws than any patch is going to fix. The core issue is that the grind cycle of the game is just extremely tedious and boring.

I played it for several hours and then never touched it again. It felt like I was making no real progress and every planet started to look more or less the same.

I thought they released a bunch of updates which made the game much better. So why constinued bashing?

Because there are games that are more robust and fully feature than No Man Sky like Subnautica.

Yeah full agreement with the suckage.

I tried to get the game refunded on steam when I first got it and they refused -- prolly because 90% of the people like me that bought at launch it wanted refunds. I uninstalled it and it has been gathering dust in my steam library since.

(yes the video was a hoot!)

Last edited:
I actually quite enjoyed it when it came out, although I was disappointed that the terrain sculpting I'd seen Murray demonstrate on some video or other wasn't actually a thing. But then I played it again after the big base-building update and found I actually enjoyed it less. They messed with the resource balance or something and it just made the whole thing feel even slower.

I remember all the crap back when this was launched and I also have seen stories that updates have improved things. I'm waiting for this to hit $30/$35 on Steam then i'm grabbing it.
it was 20$ on GoG during their new years sale... I bought in then and haven't touched it because I also got KSP at that time.

it was 20$ on GoG during their new years sale... I bought in then and haven't touched it because I also got KSP at that time.

You wasted your $20. The updates didnt improve jack shit and the game is still a POS that isnt worth playing. Fuck I wouldnt even PAY someone to take my copy. I only wish I had a physical copy rather than a steam one so I could destroy the MF thing. At least then I woudlve gotten some sort of pleasure out of it. As it is it just sits there taunting me with how shitty it is and always will be.

Jesus Christ I'm going to have to seat a bi-weekly calendar appointment in Outlook so I can go watch 10 min of that video at a time.

Love you so much man but the game absolutely doesn't suck right now. They deserve props for resurrecting from the dead. Most companies would have left town. they didn't . they get my respect

Are there people yet?

You wasted your $20. The updates didnt improve jack shit and the game is still a POS that isnt worth playing. Fuck I wouldnt even PAY someone to take my copy. I only wish I had a physical copy rather than a steam one so I could destroy the MF thing. At least then I woudlve gotten some sort of pleasure out of it. As it is it just sits there taunting me with how shitty it is and always will be.
wouldn't be the first time I wasted 20$, won't be the last. Just wanted to point out it had broken into the fuckit money realm for purchase

Reactions: kju1
like this
Looks interesting...until that guy starts pointing out the flaws...sad. Someday the perfect space exploring/war game will come along...probably about the same time FTL ships are as common, and cheap, as cars ;).

I first saw this game when one of the developers and Conan O'Brian were playing it on Conan. I remember thinking that it was going to be an incredible game. Huh.

Just adding that I did some retesting around the holidays and yes, it does look a little better but was still pretty underwhelming for me.

I played about 40 hours at launch and while it was a ripoff at $60 I blame that more on Sony than Hello. It was still fun to explore and upgrade all your stuff, but there wasn't a whole lot of actual game to it. It was great as a "chill and look for weird animals/planets" simulator though.

Once the base building and that other expansion came out I'd call it a full fledged game but still only worth $40 maybe.

Back