No EAX in Vista

cthulhuiscool

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 15, 2006
Messages
3,069
I installed vista premium 64bit and downloaded all the drivers for my sound blaster audigy 4 and installed it but for some reason I am not given support for EAX settings in games. Is this normal or a problem that can be fixed?
 
EAX won't work off the bat inside Vista .... some games do but if their old games especially it won't work.

It's not only the EAX but the surround sound that won't work.

You need to install Creative's Alchemy program, and use it to make the game Alchemy Enabled so that the dsound.dll will convert into openal that works inside Vista.

I'm using vista 64bit ultimate too by the way using a xfi prelude. Eax works for me :D
 
Last time I checked Alchemy only works with X-Fi series cards. The OP has an Audigy 4, so no EAX for him.
 
Ops i missed that o_O:

Hm not long ago i had an Audigy 2 ZS and i used Creative Alchemy Universal the cracked version and EAX worked :X

Check the creative forum if they made an Alchemy for your card ;)
 
Back
Top