No boot while PCIe GPU is installed

Mobo: Gigabyte-GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU: I5-2500k
GPU: EVGA GTX 760

I've had this machine for quite a while, and its not my primary but I do use it as a second work machine. The issue I'm having is that it will not boot with a GPU in either PCIe slot. I tried a couple cards, one being a brand new GTX 1050, and had the same issue. Note that it boots on integrated graphics just fine.

The beep codes on startup sound like (according to the manual) a keyboard error.

Any ideas?

Also tried a spare one. I should have mentioned the original was a Corsair HX750. I put an HX650 in there to test. Same problem.

Well, did you try a diff keyboard and mouse? Are you sure about the beep code ID?

Pull the RAM and try one stick at a time in diff slots.

Well, did you try a diff keyboard and mouse? Are you sure about the beep code ID?

Pull the RAM and try one stick at a time in diff slots.

Yep tried different keyboard and mouse. It could be the beep code for Graphics but pretty sure it was one long 3 short vs one long 2 short (graphics).

I'll try the RAM, stick by stick, now.

I would try disconnecting the keyboard and mouse completely and see if you get a 'no keyboard' message on the screen (indicating that the card worked). Also, check to see if you're getting a signal on the on-board video even with the card installed. Sometimes to have to play 'find the video signal' when having multiple video cards.

Is it an issue with the UEFI graphics card and a non-UEFI bios? Is there a bios update for the motherboard still out there?

Back