"No appropriate work server" for weeks now

MrValentine

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 5, 2004
Messages
1,859
I hope you guys can help I've been watching my work farm get this for weeks. I've tried rebooting re-installing etc. I'm wondering if the network guys blocked 8080 :(
My GPU client still pulls down work, but the 6.29s are all like this.


Code:
[21:06:01] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:06:01] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[21:06:22] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[21:06:22] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[21:06:22] Connecting to http://assign2.stanford.edu:80/
[21:06:22] Posted data.
[21:06:22] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try a
gain in a bit.
[21:06:22] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[21:06:22] - Attempt #1  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[21:06:31] + Attempting to get work packet
[21:06:31] Passkey found
[21:06:31] - Will indicate memory of 1000 MB
[21:06:31] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:06:31] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[21:06:52] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[21:06:52] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[21:06:52] Connecting to http://assign2.stanford.edu:80/
[21:06:53] Posted data.
[21:06:53] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try a
gain in a bit.
[21:06:53] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[21:06:53] - Attempt #2  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[21:07:17] + Attempting to get work packet
[21:07:17] Passkey found
[21:07:17] - Will indicate memory of 1000 MB
[21:07:17] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:07:17] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[21:07:38] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[21:07:38] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[21:07:38] Connecting to http://assign2.stanford.edu:80/
[21:07:39] Posted data.
[21:07:39] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try a
gain in a bit.
[21:07:39] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[21:07:39] - Attempt #3  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[21:07:59] + Attempting to get work packet
[21:07:59] Passkey found
[21:07:59] - Will indicate memory of 1000 MB
[21:07:59] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:07:59] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[21:08:20] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[21:08:20] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[21:08:20] Connecting to http://assign2.stanford.edu:80/
[21:08:21] Posted data.
[21:08:21] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try a
gain in a bit.
[21:08:21] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[21:08:21] - Attempt #4  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[21:09:12] + Attempting to get work packet
[21:09:12] Passkey found
[21:09:12] - Will indicate memory of 1000 MB
[21:09:12] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:09:12] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
[21:09:33] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[21:09:33] + Could not connect to Assignment Server
[21:09:33] Connecting to http://assign2.stanford.edu:80/
[21:09:33] Posted data.
[21:09:34] Initial: 0000; + No appropriate work server was available; will try a
gain in a bit.
[21:09:34] + Couldn't get work instructions.
[21:09:34] - Attempt #5  to get work failed, and no other work to do.
Waiting before retry.
[21:10:55] + Attempting to get work packet
[21:10:55] Passkey found
[21:10:55] - Will indicate memory of 1000 MB
[21:10:55] - Connecting to assignment server
[21:10:55] Connecting to http://assign.stanford.edu:8080/
 
Have you tried completely removing and reinstalling the clients? Also, try installing them outside of the Program Files directory.
 
Just ask one of the network guys, easiest way to get that answer
havnt been running mine nonstop but when it is on I've not had a problem for a week
Posted via [H] Mobile Device
 
Well I guess karma is getting back at me or something. No sooner had I posted this than I got the email to go ahead and deploy the desktops I was running. :(
Oh well. Got a good 3 mo out of them anyway.

Tommrow i'll re-install it just for my curiosisty.

I doubt 8080 is being blocked, I was throwing that out there incase anyone had seen it before. Our guys only RE-act to issues, they are never proactive in their blocking of ports. They would have called me up and asked what the hell I was doing on that port.
 
I finished a WU today and now I am getting the same thing, just endless "No appropriate work server" messages.

I loaded up the GPU client and tried that and it had no problem getting work. So is this likely an issue on the server side, or do GPU and -bigadv use entirely different ports or something?
 
So after about an hour, and a couple client restarts, it of course started working exactly when I looked away to post here. Figures.
 
Back
Top