• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

No 360 controller support for Bioshock

I'm absolutely amazed that lack of controller support for an FPS game on PC is even an issue.

Seriously. What the fuck?
 
I'm absolutely amazed that lack of controller support for an FPS game on PC is even an issue.

Seriously. What the fuck?

I agree with you in spirit but the fact that it was in the first game only to be removed in the second just makes you scratch your head.
 
I wonder if this will be a continuing trend with game developers. To take features that we consider to be "staple", maybe even take for granted, and not include them in games.

No dedicated servers for MW2
Dedicated servers for Bad Company 2 but only certain companies will run them
Lack of controller support in Bioshock 2.

Just seems weird.
 
I'm absolutely amazed that lack of controller support for an FPS game on PC is even an issue.

Seriously. What the fuck?

We've stated multiple times now why we prefer the controller for this game. And by the way, I know that Ken Levine referred to his own game as an FPS, but Bioshock is not a traditional FPS. I played most of the first game without ever picking up a gun.
 
We've stated multiple times now why we prefer the controller for this game. And by the way, I know that Ken Levine referred to his own game as an FPS, but Bioshock is not a traditional FPS. I played most of the first game without ever picking up a gun.

I understand some of the reasoning. It's just weird to me.

As for not using a gun you still gotta aim to use the plasmid abilities.
 
Its an FPS game for PC.....who needs a gamepad :rolleyes:

Okay, you know what, you can roll your eyeballs all you want to... don't f'ing tell me what my preferences should be. That's just sheer arrogance. Do you see me telling you how you ought to play a game?

I can't stand the mouse/keyboard setup.

And no, Bioshock absolutely is not a regular FPS. God what a troll post. I shouldn't even have responded to that crap.
 
Okay, you know what, you can roll your eyeballs all you want to... don't f'ing tell me what my preferences should be. That's just sheer arrogance. Do you see me telling you how you ought to play a game?

I can't stand the mouse/keyboard setup.

And no, Bioshock absolutely is not a regular FPS. God what a troll post. I shouldn't even have responded to that crap.

Maybe if you do all your chores and homework for the next year or so your mommy and daddy will buy you a console so you won't have to worry about those tewwible keyboards and mice.

Who's a good boy.....who's a good boy....have cookie :D
 
Maybe if you do all your chores and homework for the next year or so your mommy and daddy will buy you a console so you won't have to worry about those tewwible keyboards and mice.

Who's a good boy.....who's a good boy....have cookie :D

With more and more people having a PC in the living room, it totally suck that AAA games aren't getting controller support (Masseffect 2, MW2), it's pretty much impossible to play comfortably with mouse and keyboard on a couch, the softwares you can install to add controller support are nice and all, but native support is best. The new wolfenstein and crysis have controller support and it's a blast to play.

I know controllers are for consoles, but my console doesn't have a 5970 Video card!
 
I really need to update www.pcgamingstandards.com and add bioshock 2 because it sounds like a shining example of how not to make a game with broken widescreen, FOV, mouse acceleration etc.

I find this kind of funny. They talk about how they dropped this, tweaked that all to deliver an "awesome" PC experience. The worst part is that they graft on shitty multiplayer when they have so much broken/fucked up. :rolleyes:
 
Oh yeah?

Well fuck MGS4 for not including 360 controller support!

There, I came up with an equally ridiculous argument.
 
Oh yeah?

Well fuck MGS4 for not including 360 controller support!

There, I came up with an equally ridiculous argument.

What are you talking about?

MSG4 is a PS3 game.

Bioshock 2 is a 360 game.

It is also a PC Games for Windows title which means it should support the 360 controller.

MGS4 IS A PS3 GAME. There is no 360 version and there is no PC version. Your troll post is totally worthless. :rolleyes:
 
What are you talking about?

MSG4 is a PS3 game.

Bioshock 2 is a 360 game.

It is also a PC Games for Windows title which means it should support the 360 controller.

MGS4 IS A PS3 GAME. There is no 360 version and there is no PC version. Your troll post is totally worthless. :rolleyes:

Actually it worked pretty well pointing out how stupid this argument is.

And I used MGS4 cause I'm currently playing it (Paused while my monitor input is set to PC no less. )

Don't worry, I know which games are on what platform ;)

My point is that Bioshock 2 worked beautifully on PC with a mouse and keyboard. Beat it already in fact. If you wanted to play on a controller, should be using a 360 or ps3 instead and saved money on new hardware.
 
My point is that Bioshock 2 worked beautifully on PC with a mouse and keyboard.
Oh stop trolling.
Some people want to play games with controllers. It's hard to sit back in a recliner and game with a mouse and keyboard sitting on your chest.

I don't do that, but there are people who do.
 
2K has stated they won't be adding gamepad support in a patch. All of you guys waiting on an official solution are sadly out of luck.
 
2K has stated they won't be adding gamepad support in a patch. All of you guys waiting on an official solution are sadly out of luck.

I don't think anyone here is "waiting" on it, it's just disappointing to see them take so many steps backwards with a game that a few of us have been looking forward too. Originally, I had actually wrote off this game. It seemed to me like nothing but pointless fan service that couldn't possibly progress the story of Rapture. After a while I admit that it became more and more appealing to me.

Now, after looking forward to it for a while now it's very disappointing to see so many screw ups with it. Hell, I don't even care about controller support but seriously, it's a 360 game and the first one had it. There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be/ couldn't be supported. The code is already there.

Anyways, I'm not going to waste my money on this game until these glaring issues are fixed.
 
why would you play bioshock 2 which is a FPS on a pc with a controller?

That is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas (iraq war is a close 2nd)
 
Is this really a surprise ? They fucked up the first game pretty well .. its DRM issues were a nightmare , no widescreen support ( still fucked in Bioshock 2) tons of crash bugs ..

Its plain and simple , the PC porting portion of 2K is downright a bunch of lazy douches .. its very simple to program in 360 controller support , Dirt 2 didn't have any issues supporting this. Reality is .. they don't give a shit and it would have sucked resources and time they didn't want to spare.
 
I don't think anyone here is "waiting" on it, it's just disappointing to see them take so many steps backwards with a game that a few of us have been looking forward too. Originally, I had actually wrote off this game. It seemed to me like nothing but pointless fan service that couldn't possibly progress the story of Rapture. After a while I admit that it became more and more appealing to me.

Now, after looking forward to it for a while now it's very disappointing to see so many screw ups with it. Hell, I don't even care about controller support but seriously, it's a 360 game and the first one had it. There is absolutely no reason why it wouldn't be/ couldn't be supported. The code is already there.

Anyways, I'm not going to waste my money on this game until these glaring issues are fixed.

I was going to pass on it too, but the previews made it sound like the team was putting a lot of effort in trying to capture the feeling of the first one, plus it had a 4-pack deal. Borderlands got me the same way.
 
I was going to pass on it too, but the previews made it sound like the team was putting a lot of effort in trying to capture the feeling of the first one....
Oh, and that's the other issue I have with it. With the issues it has I can't believe they decided to waste so much time and resources to build a lame multiplayer option just to have multiplayer, :rolleyes:

It didn't hurt the first game, there's no reason why it could hurt the second. There's very little about Bioshock that could translate well into a multiplayer game, all it's going to do is feel tacked on and severally out of place.

And yet they did it and released a game with issue after issue. Seriously, who the hell can't tell during testing that you're game isn't supporting widescreen moniters???
 
Oh, and that's the other issue I have with it. With the issues it has I can't believe they decided to waste so much time and resources to build a lame multiplayer option just to have multiplayer, :rolleyes:

It didn't hurt the first game, there's no reason why it could hurt the second. There's very little about Bioshock that could translate well into a multiplayer game, all it's going to do is feel tacked on and severally out of place.

And yet they did it and released a game with issue after issue. Seriously, who the hell can't tell during testing that you're game isn't supporting widescreen moniters???

They outsourced all MP development to another studio, so that really didn't take any time away from the other three studios working on it.
 
Oh, and that's the other issue I have with it. With the issues it has I can't believe they decided to waste so much time and resources to build a lame multiplayer option just to have multiplayer, :rolleyes:

It didn't hurt the first game, there's no reason why it could hurt the second. There's very little about Bioshock that could translate well into a multiplayer game, all it's going to do is feel tacked on and severally out of place.

And yet they did it and released a game with issue after issue. Seriously, who the hell can't tell during testing that you're game isn't supporting widescreen moniters???

I completely agree , this game really doesn't need a MP and to add it is cheap. This game would have been better if the multiplayer resources were dedicated to fixing all the bullshit problems the PC version shipped with and may have even resulted in even better singleplayer considering another studio developed the MP content.

I guess that is one reason why Ted Levine didn't work on Bioshock 2 .. maybe he saw it as a sinking ship and bailed.
 
I don't understand why they couldn't just drop in the controller code path to coexist with the KBM tweaked version. Implement it so that once a controller is detected---load up the menu and HUD assets used for consoles. Seriously elementary thinking going on here.
 
I don't understand why they couldn't just drop in the controller code path to coexist with the KBM tweaked version. Implement it so that once a controller is detected---load up the menu and HUD assets used for consoles. Seriously elementary thinking going on here.

I'm trying to figure out is so complex about the UI that a controller can't be mapped to it without major changes.
 
Back
Top