Nintendo Manages to Move 2.47M Switch Consoles in One Month

Why are listing all that unnecessary bullshit. That wasnt your cost to play zelda, any more than factoring in the $20,000 price tag on your Ford Taurus to get to GameStop in the first place.

Cost to play Zelda: $299.99 Switch + $59.99 Zelda = $359.98 + applicable taxes. Done.

just curious how strong is it graphics wise compared to a Wii U? the few I have seen show the Wii U in better light
I think wii u does 720p and the switch does 900p and drops frames (not a solid 30fps)

Zelda is the worst game for a game collector to in hopes to turn a profit. Games made on a large scale never hold any value in the future. Their will probably 10 mil+ carts out there after it is all said and done. Just look at the NES Zelda games. The are worth shit. Even the rare grey carts are not worth much.
Nah, NES Zeldas are decent money makers. You just have to replace the label with a 1990 Nintendo World Championship sticker, dremel in a slot in the corner, and mod in some dip switches and you'll get all your money back and then some:

nintendo-world-championship-gold.jpg

Zelda is the worst game for a game collector to in hopes to turn a profit. Games made on a large scale never hold any value in the future. Their will probably 10 mil+ carts out there after it is all said and done. Just look at the NES Zelda games. The are worth shit. Even the rare grey carts are not worth much.

That's true, but sometimes they still hold their value. I had the original Xenogears and that was mass produced and even the Greatest Hits version of it sold well. While they aren't worth more than their MSRP on release, they are still worth quiet a bit. Although, the Greatest Hits version is definitely worth more than the I think $20 price tag they released at.

Other times if the game becomes a smash hit, it'll be valued more than the MSRP, so long as it's not an opened copy.

Edit:

Looking at unopened copies (VGA 80 or higher rating) of the original NES Zelda right now on ebay. $1000+ for one. Opened with no box, documentation, etc. $10.

Last edited:
That's true, but sometimes they still hold their value. I had the original Xenogears and that was mass produced and even the Greatest Hits version of it sold well. While they aren't worth more than their MSRP on release, they are still worth quiet a bit. Although, the Greatest Hits version is definitely worth more than the I think $20 price tag they released at.

Other times if the game becomes a smash hit, it'll be valued more than the MSRP, so long as it's not an opened copy.
Xenogears actually didn't sell that well in the states. It only did around 300k. World wide was around 1 million.

Xenogears actually didn't sell that well in the states. It only did around 300k. World wide was around 1 million.

Ya, definitely wasn't a massive seller and a sealed copy isn't worth more than a sealed Zelda NES copy. Maybe that'll change when the game reaches the same age as the Zelda NES copy is today, but I doubt it will. Minor cult status for Xenogears.

Cost to play Zelda: $299.99 Switch + $59.99 Zelda = $359.98 + applicable taxes. Done.

Perhaps for you personally but I already had a Wii U for Donkey Kong so your price only applies to your specific situation.

Perhaps for you personally but I already had a Wii U for Donkey Kong so your price only applies to your specific situation.

Fair enough, but if you follow the thread you'll see it was a reference to this post which is referencing the Switch specifically.

Back