Nintendo Launches Labo VR Kit

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
Following up on their immensely profitable Labo kits for the Switch, Nintendo just announced a new Labo kit designed for "sharable, simple, VR gaming experiences." The basic kit includes cutouts for VR Goggles and a VR blaster for $40, while the full package with a cardboard elephant, camera, bird, and wind pedal will set you back a whopping $80. Naturally, the internet isn't happy about how much Nintendo is charging for colored cardboard cutouts, but those pricey packages apparently include a license for Nintendo's new VR software as well. Thanks to cageymaru for the tip.

The inventive Toy-Con Garage mode - included as part of all Nintendo Labo software - returns with Nintendo Labo: VR Kit, offering basic programming tools for players to experiment with. More information about the experiences offered by Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will be revealed in the future. The Nintendo Labo: VR Kit - Starter Set + Blaster and complete Nintendo Labo: VR Kit will be available in stores on April 12.

The Labo kits have been around $80 each so that is on par with the rest.

I'm curious to see how Nintendo deals with the 720p resolution of the Switch.

I'm a VR fanatic, so the more companies jumping on board, the better. Especially when it's a company like Nintendo.

Those pictures are truly terrifying. They look like disembodied robot hands grasping the heads of children, certainly the catalyst of nightmares.

the patent for switchVR was in like 2016 right? I saw some videos about it since then and people who have "tried" it just concluded it was too pixelated... but for a fun toy I guess people will throw money at it

Nope, team up with google or someone else to develop a proper console holding headset. Can’t imagine it lasting to long under certain conditions.

Nintendo prints money lol

Seriously though... this is meant for kids and they love it.

Back