Nintendo DS Lite

pr0pensity

[H]ard|Gawd
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/news/060126.html

mm5wjt.jpg

(‰¡)‚P‚R‚R?D‚O?~(?c)‚V‚R?D‚X?~(Œú‚Ý)‚Q‚P?D‚T‚?‚??i?܂肽‚½‚ÝŽž?j
[ŽQ?l]?@?]—ˆƒ‚ƒfƒ‹?@(‰¡)‚P‚S‚W?D‚V?~(?c)‚W‚S?D‚V?~(Œú‚Ý)‚Q‚W?D‚X‚?‚?

Old: 148.7 x 84.7 x 28.9mm
New: 133 x 73.9 x 21.5mm

I think this one's more attractive. The case design is the primary reason I haven't purchased one.

the screens will probably be just as bright as the revised gba sp. also its said that there will be 4 levels of brightness for the new ds.

That looks awesome. I wonder what colors Nintendo will be releasing. I'll probably pick one of these up.

Looks sweet, I was worried that they'd sacrifice comfort just to make it tiny, looks like they got it just right.

so next year, can we expect Nintendo DS advanced color micro super edition?
:rolleyes:

Seeing as how my DS was left at a friends house, returned to his parents house, and is now 'unlocateable' it will be nice to have a better model when I go to rebuy one.

I would love if they could round a surface on the damn thing. It's never seemed that comfortable to me.

The start and select buttons are in a weird place, I wonder why they moved them. I have man-hands so I would be afraid of bumping them all the time.

independantvariable said:
The start and select buttons are in a weird place, I wonder why they moved them. I have man-hands so I would be afraid of bumping them all the time.

youre totally right... i hope they are harder to push cause tif they put it that way , when using the stylus were gonna hit start and select all the time...

it also looks like the touch screen is coming out of the console a little bit... that would be great cause sometime its hard to control because of the edge on the original DS

there are more handheld nintendos than there are street fighters!! Can only be a good thing though! If that is a glossy ipod white i may get one! ill definately get one if they do a gloosy psp black version

Rash said:
there are more handheld nintendos than there are street fighters!! Can only be a good thing though! If that is a glossy ipod white i may get one! ill definately get one if they do a gloosy psp black version

Well it looks to be in simlar style to the Revolution, looking at the glossy finish, d-pad and face buttons(compare), so a glossy black one is probably on the way to match the black Revolution.

Anyone want to buy 2 used DS's?

I think it's cool that they're making it slimmer/lighter, but the current one feels too small for my hands already. I have one of those nyko handle/charger things that I use all the time because it's way more comfortable.

The placement of the start and select buttons is stupid. Like the above poster that where my fingers fall when I use the stylus.

Where are the shoulder buttons? Volume slider?

it's funny, I sold my ds last year to buy a psp, but then I noticed all the games for psp kind of stink and nothing that looked remotely worth playing was coming so I sold that too.

I thought the origional DS was pretty uncomfortable and wonky with it's friggin huge flip-top and super-squareness. The psp was quite comfortable, on the other hand with it's curved edges. I think the only reason Nintendo doesn't round the DS edges is they don't want it to look like a psp heh. There's no reason for that device to be so damn sharp edged, since it's supposed to be a portable!

I wonder what they plan on leaving out this time?

Last time it was the headphone jack.

I'm thinking this time it will be a recharger port. So we will have to spend 20dollars on a cable that plugs into the headphone jack to recharge it.

From what I've read, nothing's missing. Time to sell my red DS and grab one of these (later this year) :D

[H]appymeal said:
I wonder what they plan on leaving out this time?

Last time it was the headphone jack.

I'm thinking this time it will be a recharger port. So we will have to spend 20dollars on a cable that plugs into the headphone jack to recharge it.

Probably everything so you can buy a new one when the batteries run out frmo the factory.

Hope they don't jack up the price on this thing. I'm also getting sick of the revisions nintendo keeps making. Make one fucking design right one time and stick with it. It's not even the end of the life for the DS.

^^^^^^
You're probably going to be pissed at the PSP v2 that will be announced at E3, then.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i thought the changes would be more drastic.. but.. it does look much nicer..

Yeah, I was expecting something like the GBA -> GBA SP transition.

Supa Happy Fun Time Mini Micro DS BONZAI!

Anyways... if they get one in a sleek black, I might pick it up.

You can safely bet money on a black colour to make a complete match to the white and black Revolution systems that will release on US Thanksgiving weekend.

steviep said:
You can safely bet money on a black colour to make a complete match to the white and black Revolution systems that will release on US Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanksgiving weekend? Black friday just got blacker. I should start harassing my local EB about preorders tonight then, huh?

Lighter, Slimmer, with a brighter screen = Good.
Still no Joystick/Analogue "nub" = Bad.

I'll hold on to my original DS until they give me an effective way to manuver in 3D. The touch screen is cool, but doesn't cut it in Mario 64 and the like.

Looks nice, but not enuff to make me sell my current gen one, it does look nice tho. I'm sure the black one will look sweet:)

Slartibartfast said:
Yeah, I was expecting something like the GBA -> GBA SP transition.

I doubt there will be major changes in any future variations. Some games would look awkward for example, if the spacing between the screens was changed. An analog nub/stick would not work with old games.

I think the only way to go is to continue to make it look better (less shame for whipping it out in public! ;) ) and reduce the size. I think this one looks really good.

Edit: I forgot browsing, give me web browsing damn it!

I ordered one and will hate myself when they come out w/ a black one and I buy that, too :(

Hey steviep what happened to you and others arguing that "before Thanksgiving" didn't mean the day before Thanksgiving?

Eh, I like the "rugged" look of the DS...

I'm wondering if the simulated surround sound will suffer due to the fairly large move down in size.

I'll probably end up buying one when they come out over here for my mum if she likes the DS when I get it (this coming thursday ^_^)

I'm keeping my original First gen DS for many reasons... The biggest is my M3 adapter.

I might get one of these as an extra though.

eurin said:
I think the only way to go is to continue to make it look better (less shame for whipping it out in public! ;) ) and reduce the size. I think this one looks really good.

Edit: I forgot browsing, give me web browsing damn it!
Haha I know how you feel when I use my bro's red DS.

I knew a refresh was coming.. I am soo glad i didn't take the dive and
bought a white or black DS from japan.. Now we play the waiting game!

Im not a huge Nintendo fan, but that looks pretty good.. so its just slimmer? :confused:

I was thinking it was going to be a complete redesign. I am relieved that it isn't because I bought one about a month ago - if they made it more ergonomic I would have shit a brick.

Back