Ninja or Big Typhoon?

lilweirddude said:
i'm kind of in the same situtation and was wondering about how many CFM's does the ninja need to be effective
lower speed fans would be fine for it since its fins are spreaded out more than a regular tower heatsink and more air would be able to pass through

quadnad said:
I'll have to pop in a vote for the ninja, just because it gives me INSANELY low temps.

My load is ~6-8C cooler than my previous idle (w/stock cooler) and I haven't broken 33c when @load. Idles somewhere in the mid-twenties.

for those temps i'm running an antec 79 cfm @29dba.
probably is overkill; the ninja doesn't seem to need much to get the temps down.

Swishbish33 said:
The fan on the Typhoon is a 120mm Yate Loon rated at 1300rpm, according to multiple sources. Seems to be the exact fan that everyone recommends for the Ninja.

Evidence:

SPCR

Another SPCR

So the fan is good.

oops

lilweirddude said:
ah....so a meduim speed panaflo would be overkill then? (86~ CFM i think)
nah itll be fine, i think a delta would be overkill

lilweirddude said:
i'm kind of in the same situtation and was wondering about how many CFM's does the ninja need to be effective

I run mine passive on an AMD 3500+ (Newcastle) in a P180, with a Nexus 120mm blowing at 1054rpm from the front of the case and two Coolermaster LED 120mm exhausting from the rear and top at 800rpm. Temp is 40c right now.

Swishbish33 said:
The fan on the Typhoon is a 120mm Yate Loon rated at 1300rpm, according to multiple sources. Seems to be the exact fan that everyone recommends for the Ninja.

I have a Big Typhoon, and am happy with it. But I'm considering returning it in exchange for a Ninja since I have a P180...

That is interesting. Haven't heard that before. I was thinking about replacing the stock one with a Nexus! It is a little bit louder than a Nexus (as it should be) but still good.

well, how much more performance would i get from an 86 CFM fan than from a lower speed fan with lower noise and you it be worth the extra noise

lilweirddude said:
well, how much more performance would i get from an 86 CFM fan than from a lower speed fan with lower noise and you it be worth the extra noise

That's entirely personal preference and subjective. I hate fan noise. An 86 cfm fan would drive me crazy.

c1001 said:
That's entirely personal preference and subjective. I hate fan noise. An 86 cfm fan would drive me crazy.

Agrees 100%

With these coolers, you can stay pretty damn low noise and be 99% effective cooling....yes, those loud ass mofo fans will get better temps....but they suck in noise....fuck loud fans. That's the old days of screaming 60mm Deltas.... :p

What would you guys recommend - Ninja or Typhoon for my Lian-Li PC60 case? 2 intake, 1 top and 1 back 80mm fan. No side panel fan.

TT Big Typoon is the best for the two (2)...
But be sure you may buy an after market fans like three (3) blades Delta Fan...

My rig using TT Big Typhie... 31 idle and 34 load... no wonder, right!
Runs Oce'd at 2.85GHz daily... stable so far...

Back