i have thought my i5-2500K @ 4.3Ghz (need to set 1.26v in bios w/ LLC5) to get to even 4.3 CPU-Z reports vcore 1.28 ~1.32) was running to hot Intelburn test very high 80C on hottest core 70c on coolest.
So I went to fry's to buy more AS5 (LOL...really artic silver...perhaps i am slow just realized that could be read as ASS) of course fry's (does anyone else things it looks like fry's is really having bad stock ??? they seem to be out of everything..just not getting stuff?... wonder if they are having trouble?? anyways I digress). fry's was out of artic silver and just about anything else they had Antec formula 7 for $6 so i figured... meh ok.
got home took hyper 212 off clean everything.
Used different technique this time put thin layer on hyper212 base and then wiped clean with lint free cloth (to fill in cracks by heat pipes) and instead of pea method spead thin layer on cpu.
now either the formula 7 is much better or my appication of AS 5 had been terrible because hottest core on intelburn test (very high) is now 74C. I thought the AS 5 looked pretty decent when i removed the hyper212+ ...but a 6C dropped is kinda awesome
I wonder if i can finally get to 4.5 now.... i have not been able to get 4.5 tried more volts but still bsod'd and temps where not going to be ok with me (mid 80s) before bsod .. before reseating it..
I may have to have a go??
this Antec stuff is a PIA to spread however.
So I went to fry's to buy more AS5 (LOL...really artic silver...perhaps i am slow just realized that could be read as ASS) of course fry's (does anyone else things it looks like fry's is really having bad stock ??? they seem to be out of everything..just not getting stuff?... wonder if they are having trouble?? anyways I digress). fry's was out of artic silver and just about anything else they had Antec formula 7 for $6 so i figured... meh ok.
got home took hyper 212 off clean everything.
Used different technique this time put thin layer on hyper212 base and then wiped clean with lint free cloth (to fill in cracks by heat pipes) and instead of pea method spead thin layer on cpu.
now either the formula 7 is much better or my appication of AS 5 had been terrible because hottest core on intelburn test (very high) is now 74C. I thought the AS 5 looked pretty decent when i removed the hyper212+ ...but a 6C dropped is kinda awesome
I wonder if i can finally get to 4.5 now.... i have not been able to get 4.5 tried more volts but still bsod'd and temps where not going to be ok with me (mid 80s) before bsod .. before reseating it..
I may have to have a go??
this Antec stuff is a PIA to spread however.