• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

NGOHQ Dropping Nvidia coverage/support

WhyYouLoveMe

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
May 24, 2005
Messages
6,513
Interesting... I never thought they were a "big" hardware site but the editor seems to think so. They're dropping Nvidia coverage and support because they didn't get any "goodies" from Nvidia on the 8800 launch. The folks that have Nvidia cards and NGO's tweaked drivers are gonna be bummed. :(

http://www.ngohq.com/showthread.php?t=8288

"As you can see, the entire world and their dogs have received materials from Nvidia for the G80 Launch – except of us. No materials, briefings, documentations or anything to the one of most biggest GPU focused software/hardware site. As result of this action, we will start dropping our support and focus towards Nvidia in the future. A site that offers a lot of GPU stuff and information for the public, we deserve at least the basic treatment. If Nvidia has no respect for us, and our readers – then we shouldn’t work so hard to provide their customers with some cool stuff and info. Now we will be focusing on ATI instead - unlike Nvidia, ATI is respecting us and providing us with the stuff we need."
 
Honestly, the guy needs to step back and read what he said. There are 100s and 100s of hardware review sites on the net. I respect what hes saying but seriously Im sure they would send him a card when they get the chance. But now sense he acted so foolishly , his readers will just go to one of the other 99 million sites. Including Hardocp.
 
Big companies don't like dealing with people that are unprofessional. If anything, the post he made is going to ensure nVidia don't want to work with them.
 
what happens when ATi stiffs them with the R600 launch? S3?
 
I've never heard of them either.
 
Yeah I'm sure that'll hurt NVIDIA hugely. :rolleyes:

So he's banning people from saying NVIDIA and GeForce in his forums?

Can anyone say "sore loser" ?
 
Their forum only has 400 members, and based on alexa.com they're ranked ~57,000 compared to hardocp at ~8,000, anandtech at ~1,500, and tomshardware at ~1,400.
 
si0dine said:
Their forum only has 400 members, and based on alexa.com they're ranked ~57,000 compared to hardocp at ~8,000, anandtech at ~1,500, and tomshardware at ~1,400.

Actually they have about 6,500 members - 400 are active.
 
if you dont know what NGOHQ is then u are missing out TBH
they make modified drivers for both ATI And NVidia, for ATI They made current drivers with CP instead of CCC etc etc =p
 
NGO is just some dude sitting in his parents basement... (ok, I think he has a 'crew' now) Basically following every 12 year old geek's dream of having a website and trying to make it look waaaay bigger than it really is.

I wish I could remember what the hell NGO were doing before they started 'repackaging' video drivers and calling them 'modded'. It's right on the tip of my tongue...
 
whoever wrote that obviously made no attempt at diplomacy and civility. they could've just asked what they did to end up on NVIDIA's blacklist and make good, but instead they blame NVIDIA for blacklisting them...

they should be proud of themselves for the PR blunder. :rolleyes:
 
Why do you attack us? From your comments, it’s clear to me that you haven’t even bothered to read that post. First of all, we never said anything that we are “hardware site”. We are not a hardware site, we are a graphic site - so please don’t compare us to all the other hardware sites. There aren’t many graphic sites out there, and I think we deserve higher priority then just a normal hardware sites because of our knowledge.


For your information, Alexa is collecting its information from its toolbar (IE only) and it’s totally unreliable! I suggest you will read John Chow’s article before you’re making any ridiculous comments and announcements. The only who can know the real size and ‘power’ of the site is only the webmaster itself.

I find it a bit strange that suddenly no body knows our site. I remember you guys discussing about our famous ‘SLI Patch’ and many famous articles/reviews (Is AMD Using Viral Marketing/Shills?) for example, and many more. Are you working for AEG-Info.com or something like that?

Now about the subject – we banned Nvidia not because we never received any G80 card. It’s not about samples, it was about ‘promised cooperation’ and we expected some presentation/documentations for a preview. But truly we banned them from our site because:

* They sent us some ridiculous legal threat a few months ago.
* Trying to drive us out of business.
* Telling manufacturers: “Do not work with NGOHQ.com”
* Telling other sites bad stuff about us.
* And more things that we prefer to keep it quiet for now.

We have all the rights, reasons and legitimacy to do it. All they have done is harming us and treating us bad. Yes! I know we are not exactly HardOCP or AnandTech, but there are tons of sites who received materials, and many of them have less readers then us, and less reputation. With all the respect to the top hardware sites – when you want to receive feedback about some subject, who will you prefer – some guy with a basic knowledge, or a specialist? NGOHQ.com is a graphics tech site with a lot of knowledge, not just a normal hardware site! We can see things that other cannot.

And don’t forget, NGOHQ.com is a graphics site with a lot of knowledge, not just a normal hardware site. We can see some things that others cannot. If you want to flame us, go ahead but we will not promote a company that trying to drive us out of business, and screwing us. Nvidia already knows our site, and some of their employees are visiting us on daily basis.

All we asked for is a small amount of respect – is it too much to ask?
 
Blue Falcon said:
I wish I could remember what the hell NGO were doing before they started 'repackaging' video drivers and calling them 'modded'. It's right on the tip of my tongue...

I’m very sorry to hear that you have a negative opinion on our projects. I hope that maybe someday you will try it yourself, or read some positive feedback because I can ensure that our projects are more then a ‘repackaging’ or 'tweaked' video drivers. You have to understand that we are limited by laws and we can’t perform any ‘hard’ modification to the driver itself because it’s against Nvidia’s EULA. But we already managed to make a few improvements and some important bug fixes (For example: 7800GS AGP Black Signal bug). I truly hope you will change your opinion about it in the future. But if you don’t like it, it’s cool too.
 
regenerati0n said:
All we asked for is a small amount of respect – is it too much to ask?

If you truly wish respect, I suggest by starting to act like a mature adult.

As it is, from all available information you do seem to be acting like a sore loser, and if it's true that you banned the afore-mentioned words from your forum, that only drives it home.

Please, post details, proof, of your claims.
 
Regen... don't worry about it guy. You guys have done some nice work with the drivers. The kiddies just have to make noise from time to time. I don't see any of them running a site.

I do, however believe you are going to have to settle this with nvidia. Did you attempt to get in touch with someone in marketing prior to running your public statements? If not, it seems to me that would have been the better move.
 
General Crespin said:
If you truly wish respect, I suggest by starting to act like a mature adult.

As it is, from all available information you do seem to be acting like a sore loser, and if it's true that you banned the afore-mentioned words from your forum, that only drives it home.

Please, post details, proof, of your claims.

Here's one for you. I will speak with the other guys, and see what other stuff can I post here.Some of this information may harm our relations/trust with some important people to us.
 
RAutrey said:
Regen... don't worry about it guy. You guys have done some nice work with the drivers. The kiddies just have to make noise from time to time. I don't see any of them running a site.

I do, however believe you are going to have to settle this with nvidia. Did you attempt to get in touch with someone in marketing prior to running your public statements? If not, it seems to me that would have been the better move.

Thank you for your support and the kind words; I truly appreciate it. Of course we have contacts inside Nvidia, I will not mention names. We will never take such an aggressive step without good reasons. Our contacts inside Nvidia never served us as well, all we got from them is promises. However, with ATI is story is completely different – they always helped us and served us well – even more then we expected.
 
regenerati0n said:
Here's one for you. I will speak with the other guys, and see what other stuff can I post here.Some of this information may harm our relations/trust with some important people to us.


LMAO.... so let me get this straight. You released a file on your review site that circumvented nVidia's blocking of SLI on non nVidia chipsets and you are surprised that they not only sent you a letter threatening legal action if it's not taken down but didn't give you free hardware. LOL.... dense man. You created a file that theoretically costs them money since people wouldn't need to buy their chipsets to get SLI. You deserve what you got... sorry.
 
I've never heard of them either, and his bitching has typos in it. Not very professional for such a high end site!
 
Poncho said:
LMAO.... so let me get this straight. You released a file on your review site that circumvented nVidia's blocking of SLI on non nVidia chipsets and you are surprised that they not only sent you a letter threatening legal action if it's not taken down but didn't give you free hardware. LOL.... dense man. You created a file that theoretically costs them money since people wouldn't need to buy their chipsets to get SLI. You deserve what you got... sorry.

ULI made it and published it to the public. We just 'fixed it'. There are other two sites who published/hosted this file as well, and they are still getting a lot of cooperation. We already removed the file in ‘friendly manners’. In our country, there is no DMCA and we never violated any law; so basically – Nvidia can’t do anything about it. We spoke with them after, they promised us a lot of things after we took it off - as a favor. Anyway, I'm done here, This forum is NOT being moderated correctly, and people are acting very rude here.
 
regenerati0n said:
Here's one for you. I will speak with the other guys, and see what other stuff can I post here.Some of this information may harm our relations/trust with some important people to us.

As much as I may disagree with nVIDIA sending that letter(they really should ignore the SLi patch), I see this as one of possibly many events that lead to them snubbing you.

Personally, the LAN party I run does not put up any ATI/nVIDIA posters or promo materials anymore. The most they ever sent us was some pens and stickers(besides the metric shitton of posters), not even a low-end product(after over a year of putting up their posters). Other companies(Crucial, Mushkin, Corsair, Silverstone, Antec, Bawls, Pepsi, etc) at least send us prizes to give away annually(some send every month). We make sure to pimp the biggest donors the most. They support us, we support them.
 
regenerati0n said:
* They sent us some ridiculous legal threat a few months ago.
* Trying to drive us out of business.
* Telling manufacturers: “Do not work with NGOHQ.com”
* Telling other sites bad stuff about us.
* And more things that we prefer to keep it quiet for now.


I'm really sure they were telling manufacturers not to work with you, bad stuff about you, and that you guys all have small pee-pee's. Dont try to make yourselves out to be more then you are. No big company is going to pick on some tiny internet forum.

And dropping nvidia and calling them bad names, that makes you guys a REAL unbiased review site! I can't wait to see a review on ATi's new video cards!
 
regenerati0n said:
Here's one for you. I will speak with the other guys, and see what other stuff can I post here.Some of this information may harm our relations/trust with some important people to us.

I don't know... They have the right to do what they did there obviously. I wouldn't get too worked up over a cease and desist order, it's just what they have to do so that they have the opportunity for further legal action should you continue is your current course of action. They obviously didn't want the SLI patch to be made available (and I can't blame them. Sure it's nice as an end user but it has the possibility of hurting their business) and if they had just come to you and said "would you please not do that?" it would have provided no real legal footing. What they did they did so that they would get what they wanted in the fastest possible amount of time.

As for not sending you review material etc for G80... Well, after you posted regarding the cease and desist order and complained about it on your public forums what did you really expect? I'm quite sure that if you had just gone along, pulled down the SLI patch and said "sorry guys" (last step likely optional) that they would have continued to work with you as if it were business as usual. You put them in a bad light by airing the dirty laundry out in the open and they probably just weren't in the mood to deal with a group of people who were just going to do that.


---
Disclaimers: (1) IANAL. (2) I'm not trying to instigate anything or whatever. Often though, being in a "heated" argument or disagreement it can be hard to see things from the other perspective so I'm just trying to show how they may or may not be seeing things.
 
regenerati0n said:
This forum is NOT being moderated correctly, and people are acting very rude here.

How so? People are being permitted to carry on a civilized discussion, why is moderation needed? Just because no one here agrees with you or because they are poking at your grammar? Come off it, man. It is a discussion forum, there ARE two sides to the coin.
 
regenerati0n said:
Anyway, I'm done here, This forum is NOT being moderated correctly, and people are acting very rude here.


Making false statements to the public about Nvidia and their horrible doings on your website makes you guys so much better! Your admins are so much better then hardforums!
 
NGOHQ who?????, I tried their modded drivers once a long time ago and I just got the blue screen of hell, since then I have not been back to their site, so I really could care less especialy with the guy blowing up like he did (so childish and unproffessional!!!) :eek: :(
 
regenerati0n said:
All we asked for is a small amount of respect – is it too much to ask?

respect is a two-way street.
no disrespect, but i swear, i didn't even know about NGOHQ until this thread.

regenerati0n said:
Anyway, I'm done here, This forum is NOT being moderated correctly, and people are acting very rude here.

personally, i've been getting my info here @ [H], and i'll continue to. thank you for visiting; the exit - and the ATI subforum - is that -->> way. don't forget to take your baggage (NGOHQ's beef w/ NVIDIA) on the way out w/ you.
 
No idea about the site, never heard of it. But seriously, anybody who uses l331 speak in their user name is automatically ignored by me. So I really dont care.
 
GLSauron said:
No idea about the site, never heard of it. But seriously, anybody who uses l331 speak in their user name is automatically ignored by me. So I really dont care.
x2.
 
LOL NGO declares jihad on imperialistic American corporation.

Like they really care about some small web site that deliberately circumvented the SLI lock and then whines about not being treated like better web sites. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top