NForce 4 Availability

stelleg151

Limp Gawd
I would like to have a sticky or just a post in which if anyone finds places with available NForce 4 boards, they share them here. I dont think I am the only one waiting for these suckers to come out.

Thanks,
Mr Jorge

Oh yeah, definately if any other PCIe boards for 939 come out soon, we should include those as well, I just assumed NForce4 would be a week or two ahead of the rest of the pack. But definately good point, if anyone finds Radeon Xpress 200 or VIA K8T890 based boards, those would also be greatly appriciated.

After seeing the front page, I wouldn't put it to far off to say Asus could get NF4 out before Christmass. Key word is COULD.

I'm putting my money on the ASUS and MSI boards being available around three-four weeks from now and everyone price gouging over the very limited supplies there'll be 'till sometime in the end of Jan. :p

Hell there's still price gouging going on over any type of PCIe 6800, and the 6600 GTs aren't that cheap for the most part either (thought MSRP was $200? maybe I got it wrong, seen some for $235 which is damn close to a 6800 vanilla though).

Asus just released theres so id say a month/month and a half before it hit the shelves. But realisticly speaking late jan/feb is when they will be available in quantity, id hold of for a few more months as SLI is still plagued with graphics glitches/corruption last i heard.

Nforce 4 revision A3 without bugs? Prolly the 1st. batch of Nforce4 are either rev.A1 or A2?
A3.jpg

It is same story with Nforce3 ultra before week20-taiwan and after week20-korea
MVC-587F.JPG

I thought A1/A2 were only internal PCB revisions and not retail boards...

Iam not talking about H/W bugs, i talking about the drivers.
Last I heard (anandtech) there are numerous issues (graphics corruption etc...) running in SLI mode. It will take a few months until drivers mature enough and/or games have fixes to run perfectly run in SLI. Iam sure that the way it has been implemented that games DONOT have to be modified in any way for SLI.

Moogle Stiltzkin said:
When are they coming out ???

Gigabyte's is ready and i wouldn't mind getting that because the specs are so good :D

After the disaster that was their K8NS, I don't know if I'd touch another from them.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to rma for a new bios my AV8, or run single channel with the K8NS since it doesn't like DDR-400 memory in dual channel. At all.

:mad:

Back