nForce 3 250 SATA Lock

MithShrike

Weaksauce
Which Socket 754 boards have it? I currently own an EPoX 8KDA3J and I was wondering if it had the lock on it? Thanks.

MithShrike said:
Which Socket 754 boards have it? I currently own an EPoX 8KDA3J and I was wondering if it had the lock on it? Thanks.

All Nforce3 board have full locks, but some boards they dont function correctly (like SATA 1&2 on the MSI NEO PALT)

your should have full working locks on your board

I(illa Bee said:
All Nforce3 board have full locks, but some boards they dont function correctly (like SATA 1&2 on the MSI NEO PALT)

your should have full working locks on your board
AFAIK the issue with ports 1&2 not locking is true of absolutely all NF3 boards and it can't be fixed thru a BIOS revision. Furthermore, older NF3 150 boards don't have fully working locks I think, hence why there was a 250 revision.

Impulse said:
AFAIK the issue with ports 1&2 not locking is true of absolutely all NF3 boards and it can't be fixed thru a BIOS revision. Furthermore, older NF3 150 boards don't have fully working locks I think, hence why there was a 250 revision.

I belive they work just fine on my DFI UT NF3250, i have 2 raptors i run RAID ona PCI RAID card, and a singal 160Gb SATA drive i run on my channel 1 SATA port, and i can run up to a 300HTT without problems, my locks must be working, i have also tried porst 2,3 and 4 to make sure none of them were holding my overclock back...

(right now im working on 1:1 with memory so 270 is where i am now)

Dunno, just repeating what their designer and BIOS writer said (DFI's Wu), maybe your 160gb drive just has a very high tolerance or this was a recent development. /shrug

Back