Nexus 6 speculation

I don't disagree entirely; when you think about it as a phone, it is expensive. When you look at it from the perspective of an ultra-portable computer with a 6" touchscreen and 10+ hours of battery life that can connect to Wifi and Cellular networks, it sounds less outrageous.

Also, with the rate of change being so fast, in 18 months to 2 years, it will be worth 40% or less of its current value.

Valid point, and I'll surely be interested in a used N6 in a year or so.

OK. Looks like it has a one plus one logo on it to me.

I'm really confused. That is clearly the back for the one plus one. And I'm clearly in the Nexus 6 thread, so.......?

I'm waiting on my Nexus 6 preorder from Motorola and found something to keep my mind off the wait by picking up a bamboo cover for my Oneplus One.

This was already posted a few pages back but...

Tmo pushed the release date back to Nov 19th. http://www.tmonews.com/2014/11/nexu...ntil-1119-thanks-to-failed-motorola-delivery/

There was also a list going around that showed what stores were actually getting phones in stock and which stores were getting just demo units. http://www.reddit.com/r/nexus6/comments/2lthl6/internal_list_of_tmobile_stores_that_will_have/ So you may want to check the stores in your area to see if they're even getting any, if you haven't already.

That all I know. I went on the idea that these t-mo reps would get some sort of communication about the new phone, or someone was savvy enough that I could talk to at the store to get some insight on when to expect it. Sadly, I'm disappointed.

The launch altogether has actually not been the best IMO. And I'm talking overall. So I'm not wasting my time on the N6 anymore.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review/2

Anandtech shows battery life as being pretty terrible, and worse than the Nexus 5, but I keep seeing "10 hours of battery life" brought up in the thread. Was this already discussed?

Deniers want to believe it.

In all fairness lollipop is actually shitty on battery life from my experience. I would assume the N5 they were using was running KitKat and that might be an explanation for the difference in battery life. As of now I am waiting for the Verizon release anyway so hopefully some more apples to apples reviews come out before then.

In all fairness lollipop is actually shitty on battery life from my experience. I would assume the N5 they were using was running KitKat and that might be an explanation for the difference in battery life. As of now I am waiting for the Verizon release anyway so hopefully some more apples to apples reviews come out before then.

Right it could for sure be the software being the main issue, but until that is fixed or a solution is supplied the battery life should be noted.

ARS says L gave them 2 hours extra run time on their Nexus 5 http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014...ta-we-put-android-l-through-our-battery-test/

The display also places somewhere between terrible and mediocre for a 2014 device in Anandtech's tests http://www.anandtech.com/show/8687/the-nexus-6-review/3

The camera looks pretty good. Performance is about 6 months late to the S5's party, but I guess not far behind the Note 4. I waited all year for this phone, and it does not look like a $650 product to me. The Note 4 is stuck with touchwiz, but has much better battery life (probably the most important factor in a phablet designed for all day productivity), the stylus and features, and a much better screen. I would say the Nexus 6 is a $500 product, but without battery life that enables it to be an all day phone for a professional, I am not sure its worth much at all.

It seems unfortunate that T-Mobile stores (and probably others) will only carry the 32gb Nexus 6. Especially when these devices don't have SDXC expansion and the difference full price between 32 and 64 is about $50 (650 vs 700 USD), it seems asinine to pick the lower end model. Likewise, it seems they're going to carry only Midnight Blue versions too.

However, it is worth it to mention that I called one of the nearby stores on the Internal list linked on Reddit, and they confirm they will have a "limited quantity, so get here early" tomorrow, 11/19. According to the fellow at the store, the Tmo version will not have any additional bullshit applications or be in any way different from a Nexus 6 sold via GooglePlay.

"However, we see that the battery score is a bit higher, likely due to higher average CPU due to larger dissipation area to reduce throttling." I wonder if it's just not downclocking and the cpu is eating battery life. Someone should check out the clocks on the phone during use, I bet the note 4 throttles a lot more in comparison.

The Lollipop OTA update hit my N5 yesterday, looks like hawtness. I'll be interested to see how the experience differs with the larger screen...

"However, we see that the battery score is a bit higher, likely due to higher average CPU due to larger dissipation area to reduce throttling." I wonder if it's just not downclocking and the cpu is eating battery life. Someone should check out the clocks on the phone during use, I bet the note 4 throttles a lot more in comparison.

I don't know about you, but I want my phone to throttle when doing easy things like web browsing and watching movies. If the Nexus 6 isn't throttling in those cases it is bad firmware.

Picked up my Nexus 6 today using my JUMP from T-Mobile. The code name "shamu" fits. ;)

Giant device but incredibly nice. The size doesn't bother me at all. Amazing smooth and fluid. Sounds fantastic too. Definitely a premium device.

UPDATE:

At this point Sprint techs claim they've loaded Moto-purchase MEIDs into their whitelist...so Sprint people should just be able to activate on the Sprint website with no further fussing.

I still don't have my N6 otherwise I'd confirm it.

Rumors hit reddit that multi-window multitasking a la touchwiz is coming in February. I can't wait for the Nexus 6 to hit amazon.

Just got mine from T-Mobile. Actually I'm posting this from the phone :p

Its is definitely HUGE, but overall I'm impressed so far. Still need to play with it but liking what I see so far.

Just got mine from T-Mobile. Actually I'm posting this from the phone :p

Its is definitely HUGE, but overall I'm impressed so far. Still need to play with it but liking what I see so far.

Just got mine today too, I ordered from Motorola and wasn't expecting it for another week according to the estimate so I was quite surprised when it showed up.

I was a little overwhelmed by the size initially but got used to it pretty quickly. Makes my Nexus 4 seem ridiculously small now. I'm really liking it so far as well.

Chainfire has officially added CF-Auto-Root support, and TWRP is running too.

I am so jelly right now.

Some general thoughts so far

Lollipop is a a pretty drastic step forward for android, but I like the improvement and changes so far.

Screen is nice , not Samsung nice, but better than other nexus devices in the past which always seemed to have sub par screens (excluding the nexus s.) The screen is also a bit dimmer than other phones on full brightness.

Speakers are also a step up compared to the crap nexus speakers of previous generations

My main concern with this phone is the sheer size. While I have pretty large hands and long fingers, I can barely use it with one hand. If you have smallish hands, prepare to use both hands 90% of the time.

Overall I am impressed. As a previous owner of all nexus phones, I can safely say this is more premium feeling than its predecessors. I'm excited to really test it out this weekend :)

I got my Nexus 6 as well. Even though it's roughly the same size as the iPhone 6 Plus this thing actually feels bigger in the hand. It truly is massive! Feels more like a tablet. So far it's been OK. I loaded it up with a few games and apps, charged it to 100% and used it the entire day (took it off the charger at 7am). It's now 8:11PM (EST) and the battery is at 12%. Based on this I'd say the battery is no better or worst then any other smartphone I've used in the past.

Great news. Mine arrives on Friday....did everyone already have a nano sim card or did you get one?

Got mine today. It sold out all over south florida and most stores had lines. That's pretty awesome.

So far so good. What case are you getting?

UPDATE: People complaining about storage speed.

People on Reddit and XDA have disabled device encryption and are seeing 3x seq read speeds (177MB/S) relative to stock-encrypted (60MB/S)....no other system changes stock firmware.

AT&T's Nexus 6 Does Indeed Have The Globe On The Back, Plus A Globe And Jingle On The Boot Screen, Because AT&T
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=56894667

OK, just unboxed. Two bad points. It does have death Star logo. It also has AT&T boot screen on start up. Other than that, phone is beautiful and works great. I'm using it write this now. I booted it without Sim card and it still downloaded at&t bloatware.

It's obnoxious that Google would allow it, but perhaps this is a function of their relatively low bargaining power given historical sales numbers. Disappointing to hear that.

Back