Next Xbox dashboard update

Staples

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there one scheduled for Spring 2009? I have not heard anything about any update and the usual internet who always raises these questions and stirs up some conversation about the issue has failed me this time. Does anyone know when the next update will be?

Nothing for a good while. Why you so desperate? NXE isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Is there one scheduled for Spring 2009? I have not heard anything about any update and the usual internet who always raises these questions and stirs up some conversation about the issue has failed me this time. Does anyone know when the next update will be?

What do you want out of a new update?

I don't think it works like that anymore. Before they had to upgrade the entire firmware/dashboard to make changes so they had major updates. Now with NXE they can make smaller updates to add features (similar to a new channel on the wii) so I don't think they work on the Fall/Spring major updates schedule anymore.

IIRC, they said that the season-based update model was dead - expect smaller updates more frequently.

I wish they would update the lame-ass music player. If it could just browse by directory structure it would be worth using, instead it gives me a list of 5,000 songs to view.

I wish they would update the lame-ass music player. If it could just browse by directory structure it would be worth using, instead it gives me a list of 5,000 songs to view.
You need to tag your music, methinks. I actually have more of a problem with the lack of tag support on the video player bits.

What do you want out of a new update?

Well more is never a bad thing.

But one thing that really bugs me is that I use a remote control (Harmony) and I use the back button to get out of menus (instead of the B button). On some of the menus on the NXE, when you press the back button, the B button flashes as if you hit the B button but the menus do not move up a directory.

Not a whole lot of other real wants than that. Windows needs to fix their damn sharing apps to add and share things with the extension avi so I do not have to put them on a USB drive all the time. But this won't ever be fixed since no native Windows apps actually support most avi formats (divx, xvid), just the Xbox itself.

But one thing that really bugs me is that I use a remote control (Harmony) and I use the back button to get out of menus (instead of the B button). On some of the menus on the NXE, when you press the back button, the B button flashes as if you hit the B button but the menus do not move up a directory.

Not a whole lot of other real wants than that. Windows needs to fix their damn sharing apps to add and share things with the extension avi so I do not have to put them on a USB drive all the time. But this won't ever be fixed since no native Windows apps actually support most avi formats (divx, xvid), just the Xbox itself.

I had the same issue and ended up reassigning the back button on the remote to "b" for that activity.

I cant rip burned cds with the new dashboard for some reason, I'm using the same xbox and same cds as before NXE but it gives me errors now. :mad:

I had the same issue and ended up reassigning the back button on the remote to "b" for that activity.

Thank you for the tip. I will try that. I actually use Media Center more than I play games but if the B button works the same way (I hope), then this workaround should solve my problems.

I want the option to use the old interface. it was much cleaner and easier to use than the POS called NXE

Seasonal updates are kaput.

With that being said, expect Microsoft to roll out a whole slew of new updates/additions to the Xbox360. They've been unusually quiet since the NXE launch.

The old interface was cleaner? BAH! I hope that is sarcasm. The old interface was a clusterfuck with so many different shapes, sizes, fonts and menus. It was crying for attention the day it was released.

uhmm, mine show up in media share.

I wish they'd get rid of the "child" avatars. I don't think either the old or the new interface are particularly good.

I can't remember the last time I saw my avatar. I turn on my 360 and it's on the spot light channel. I then click on the guide button and do all my stuff in the miniblades. Fast and convenient.

I can't remember the last time I saw my avatar. I turn on my 360 and it's on the spot light channel. I then click on the guide button and do all my stuff in the miniblades. Fast and convenient.

This.

If you like the old interface, just use the guide button. It's almost the same thing, only slightly better.

The main interface is for when you are browsing around your xbox or live... it's good at what it does, but for fast and quick interaction you just go into the guide.

Back