• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Next Tomb Raider

I'm lost as to why people would be upset as to the character model progression she's still hot but she's wearing actual clothes that fit the job. Unless you want to whack off to your video games the gripes are sort of silly. There's nothing wrong in a series like this making it grittier and more real.
 
I'm lost as to why people would be upset as to the character model progression she's still hot but she's wearing actual clothes that fit the job. Unless you want to whack off to your video games the gripes are sort of silly. There's nothing wrong in a series like this making it grittier and more real.
I don’t care about any of that. The issue for me was her face. She looked completely different between the first and second game. Was a bit off-putting. But I got used to it. I think her new appearance overall make a lot more sense.
 
I'm lost as to why people would be upset as to the character model progression she's still hot but she's wearing actual clothes that fit the job. Unless you want to whack off to your video games the gripes are sort of silly. There's nothing wrong in a series like this making it grittier and more real.
Where does this come from? Nobody even talked about the character models. If anything I was upset that they toned down Lara's buffness in the final build of Shadow of the tomb raider compared to the trailers.

I'd actually prefer having options. If someone wants to jump around in bikini armor, let them, and I'd also include a burka as an option for the moralizing puritans. That way everybody is happy.

I personally prefer an outfit that doesn't break immersion, but still shows some skin.

Wanting to play as a character you find sexually attractive doesn't mean "you just want to whack off to videogames" Are you getting your talking points from kotaku / polygon, or another garbage tier anti gamer publication?
 
Only thing that changed was her face from 2013 to Rise/Shadow. She looked fine in 2013 and looked almost exactly like the motion capture actor she was based off of. All the games had multiple outfit options so I don't see what the big deal was. It is always a form of shirt/pants or shorts.
 
I'm lost as to why people would be upset as to the character model progression she's still hot but she's wearing actual clothes that fit the job. Unless you want to whack off to your video games the gripes are sort of silly. There's nothing wrong in a series like this making it grittier and more real.

people said they didn't like the face model they 'retrofitted' onto the old 2013 model, and preferred the old face model to the new one IIRC

what the ever loving hell are you on about with 'she's hot' lmao
 
So the rumors of her training a bunch of new mighty morphin tomb raiders is true

edit: i read multiplatform as multiplayer, i smoke too much
 
Last edited by a moderator:
why did Square Enix not publish it?...I loved the first 2 games developed by Crystal Dynamics (published by Square Enix)
 
Amazon for TV is bad news, let's hope their gaming venture is less err, "transformative".
 
They (Amazon) don't have a launcher to lock it behind, right? Can't keep up nowadays lol
 
Amazon for TV is bad news, let's hope their gaming venture is less err, "transformative".

I think you're referring to the recent Rings of Power TV series...but overall Amazon has a lot of good content...the recent sci-fi series The Peripheral being one...The Expanse, Jack Reacher, The Boys, Invincible are also excellent
 
why did Square Enix not publish it?...I loved the first 2 games developed by Crystal Dynamics (published by Square Enix)
Crystal Dynamics was acquired by Embracer Group after Square Enix dumped all their Western development studios earlier this year.
 
thread need a title update now
1765511316852.png
 
I enjoyed the last one, but it certainly wasn't as good as the previous two. Also, playing as young Lara Croft made me want to gouge out my eyes. I don't particularly like the look of this new Lara either ... or her voice.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider was terrible...I don't think Crystal Dynamics was the lead developer either...felt like they were trying to copy what made the previous games good but didn't nail what made it fun...the 2013 game and Rise of the Tomb Raider were really good

Crystal Dynamics were working on that Marvel Avengers game so Eidos-Montreal were chosen to be the lead developer for the 3rd game
 
Shadow of the Tomb Raider was terrible...I don't think Crystal Dynamics was the lead developer either...felt like they were trying to copy what made the previous games good but didn't nail what made it fun...the first one and Rise of the Tomb Raider were really good
The first two were astronomically better and yes I agree ... it felt like the third game had no soul. I've always enjoyed the Tomb Raider games even when they weren't that great. This new one has me concerned, though ... especially after everything I've heard about the people in charge of making it. At least she doesn't look trans like the original concept art, but she still doesn't look great.
 
Last edited:
especially after everything I've heard about the people in charge of making it. At least she doesn't look trans like the original concept art, but she still doesn't look graet.

people will complain that her breasts aren't big enough ;)...but I do agree that she doesn't look as good as the previous Lara
 
Can't be as bad as the last one can it?
Shadow wasn't bad. I don't get what people didn't like about it? Was it the story? I had an absolute blast playing it. Probably the weaker of the three, but still a strong showing.

These two new titles will be the first two TR games under Amazon Studios. Legacy of Atlantis is co-developed by Crystal Dynamics and Flying Wild Hog releasing in 2026. Catalyst is being developed by Crystal Dynamics and releasing in 2027. So, we're getting back-to-back Tomb Raider games.

Of the two trailers, I prefer Legacy of Atlantis. But I'm a bit uncomfortable with the direction they are going with either.

I get the nostalgia vibes from the trailer: dinosaurs, flipping and akimbo pistols. However, I really thought CD nailed it with the realistic vibes since the reboot. To be fair, the last three changed how Lara looked every time. Her look changing wasn't that big a deal.

But these new titles, boy have they changed a lot. I guess we'll see.

Did CD go through a bunch of leadership changes during the Embracer acquisition? I fear this might not be the CD we used to know.
 
Shadow wasn't bad. I don't get what people didn't like about it? Was it the story?

After the flood part/when you get to the jungle it became a boring and repetitive game of green and 500 side quests IMO. Couldn't even tell you what happened with the story. I think we overthrew a Mayan election and I assume we stopped the end of the world, can't remember.
 
Shadow wasn't bad. I don't get what people didn't like about it? Was it the story? I had an absolute blast playing it. Probably the weaker of the three, but still a strong showing.
I played and finished it earlier this year.....it was shite and the worst of the trilogy. Can't be bothered writing a diatribe repeating all the criticisms which have already been ventilated about it.
 
So there are two new games. For 2026 there is Tomb Raider: Legacy of Atlantis, a reboot of the original. In 2027 there will be Tomb Raider: Catalyst.
 
So there are two new games. For 2026 there is Tomb Raider: Legacy of Atlantis, a reboot of the original. In 2027 there will be Tomb Raider: Catalyst. This is unrelated to the Survivor trilogy.

Shadow wasn't bad. I don't get what people didn't like about it? Was it the story? I had an absolute blast playing it. Probably the weaker of the three, but still a strong showing.

It wasn't an awful game but it was the worst of the three. Lame story, confusing jump distances/hard to see puzzles, and odd pacing. You would get 5-6 upgrades for your weapons then get to use them for maybe 10 minutes, hide them, and get another 5-6 upgrades but unable to use them for another few hours.

However, I really thought CD nailed it with the realistic vibes since the reboot. To be fair, the last three changed how Lara looked every time. Her look changing wasn't that big a deal.

I too liked the gritty feel and more realistic look. Having never played the older games I am partial to the Survivor trilogy though I know that was a change in tone. Interested to see where these go but hard to tell how it will end up.
 
It wasn't an awful game but it was the worst of the three. Lame story, confusing jump distances/hard to see puzzles, and odd pacing. You would get 5-6 upgrades for your weapons then get to use them for maybe 10 minutes, hide them, and get another 5-6 upgrades but unable to use them for another few hours.
I don't remember this at all. Then again, I always played stealth, so bow or takedowns.

I barely remember the story. You and your buddy crash, you find a village, do some tombs, then find the next village, then the game ends with you taking on some mercs. I get why people thought the story was weak compared the previous, but I don't get the complaints about the gameplay. It's exactly the same as the previous two. The tombs were a significant improvement from the previous.

Just checked Steam. Shadow's got Very Positive average review score. I also put 73 hours into the game. So, it seems I'm in the majority.
 
Last edited:
This is unrelated to the Survivor trilogy.

The black lady (not Debra Wilson for a change, YAY!) in the trailer for this one mentions Dragon's Triangle from 2013 as polonyc2 pointed out to me

I've played most of them all since the original, I always like them - but the 2013 reboot became my favorite immediately when I played it even over the originals. I even got it only 1 year after release, for literally just $5 on Steam, hell of a deal for what it was. Made me like the game even more if I'm honest.

Second reboot game was fun too cause you
team up with Jesus and kill bad guys
who doesn't like that?
 
Last edited:
people will complain that her breasts aren't big enough ;)...but I do agree that she doesn't look as good as the previous Lara
She's supposed to be British and in the trailer she actually looks British. However, that's where the good ends. She looks and sounds like she's 40+ and pretending to be 15 years younger. The face and the voice are very off.
Shadow wasn't bad. I don't get what people didn't like about it? Was it the story? I had an absolute blast playing it. Probably the weaker of the three, but still a strong showing.

These two new titles will be the first two TR games under Amazon Studios. Legacy of Atlantis is co-developed by Crystal Dynamics and Flying Wild Hog releasing in 2026. Catalyst is being developed by Crystal Dynamics and releasing in 2027. So, we're getting back-to-back Tomb Raider games.

Of the two trailers, I prefer Legacy of Atlantis. But I'm a bit uncomfortable with the direction they are going with either.

I get the nostalgia vibes from the trailer: dinosaurs, flipping and akimbo pistols. However, I really thought CD nailed it with the realistic vibes since the reboot. To be fair, the last three changed how Lara looked every time. Her look changing wasn't that big a deal.

But these new titles, boy have they changed a lot. I guess we'll see.

Did CD go through a bunch of leadership changes during the Embracer acquisition? I fear this might not be the CD we used to know.
The game was bad. It was 60 hours of "gameplay" with about 7.5 hours worth of story. The rest of it was boring grind to keep the playtime longer. I barely managed to make it through the game and only because I forced myself. The story wasn't even that good and the premise of it being that Lara is the reason the world is going to end. It doesn't help that she's gloomy and depressed the whole time. That aspect was bad enough in Rise but it went full throttle in Shadow. It was a horrible tonal choice for both of the last two games and feels like there was a huge time jump between the first and the second where a lot of stuff happened.
 
Coming in 2027...
I think they really should stop announcing games so far ahead of time. With inevitable delays we are looking at 2-2.5 years on the low side. Ideally the first reveal of a game should be no earlier than 10-12 months before a release date that is already set in stone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: w35t
like this
Back
Top