Next HEDT platform

not sure what your babbling about.. people have needs NOW for high corecount CPUs. and fact is with 10980XEs being about 3-4 hundred dollars less than AMDs current TR offerings (before board costs). and they slot in with boards that are cheap as far as HEDT motherboards go right now (i can get brand new X299DARKs for 199$ with warranty) and have already been in use in workstation and core intense scenarios. alot of the people you see buying cascade lake already have a x299 board and a older lower core count chip. its a no brainer upgrade in alot of cases. the people buying these KNOW why theyre buying them.

feel free to wait 24-36months, some of us have work to do now.
The only reason the dark is so cheap is because nobody is buying it. People that use these CPU for workstations get the boards with support and features they actually want instead of LN2 OC utility.

Just got my reply. I'm now #4, so they really are getting some and my date is coming soon, finally. Apparently Intel is overpromising on their deliveries and the "incoming" value is not even close to what is received and the sudden date changes are all on Intel's side.
Hope you get it soon man, I never bothered to preorder one since it's just money in limbo for no reason with all these delays.

Last edited:
Hope you get it soon man, I never bothered to preorder one since it's just money in limbo for no reason with all these delays.

Me, too. Next supposed arrival date is 9/3, so fingers crossed. I haven't paid a dime for my preorder, yet. Just like Amazon, they hold on to your payment info and charge once they have one ready to send you. I'm not guaranteed my preorder price ($999), but it's sat at the just fine $1036 tax-free for long enough that I'm not worried about my bank account.

I have seen a couple crazy engineering samples of LGA3647 processors. It is very obvious those are not intended for servers as these has crazily high frequency and heat output. I can't share too much details of these chips but they are based on Skylake/Cascade lake architecture. I assume Intel is experimenting with some high end workstation stuff on the LGA3647 platform and IMO those might be the next 'Workstation' platform. But since Intel already has the skylake 3175X and cascade lake W32XX platform in place, I think those might be intended for a new HEDT platform.

Back