• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Next Generation ASUS P4 Mobo?

Not really sure. According to what I've looked at, they say there are already price cuts for the 945/955 slated for July, so you figure they should be in mass production at that time. I'd say May/June.
 
So if I wanted to get a motherboard with stable 64bit support so that I could buy a 64bit processor say in a year and a half, would it be ok to get the ASUS P5AD2-E Premium, or would it be better to get the next gen mobo? Or would there be barely or no difference at all?
 
The current 915/925 chipsets won't support dual-cores, but they do support the 6XX series processors w/64bit, 2MB cache, etc. Newer MB should support all the previous LGA775 chips I would imagine, plus the dual core ones when they come out.
 
kirbyrj said:
The current 915/925 chipsets won't support dual-cores, but they do support the 6XX series processors w/64bit, 2MB cache, etc. Newer MB should support all the previous LGA775 chips I would imagine, plus the dual core ones when they come out.
just to verify, anyone else agree?
 
Back
Top