Next gen PS5, close to 2080 level

I went from 60hz to 144hz, it was good, but nothing game changing, unless you play pong which can actually run at 144fps. I went back to 75hz from 144hz and it took about 2 seconds to get used to it again, I choose IQ over high refresh rate any day.

Why not both?

I look at a balance between responsiveness and image quality on a given system with a given game, and adjust based on what's more needed.

Online shooters? Yeah, I want to hit >100FPS median lows, if not minimums throughout. Same shooter in single-player mode? Might dial up the visuals a bit. RTS / MOBA / MMO? Probably dial up the visuals even more, though perhaps making exception for 'RAID' scenarios as needed. Turn-based stuff? Crank the visuals!

In all cases, I also want maximum VRR range, so that's all G-Sync and a handful of Freesync monitors on the market, as that gets rid of tearing and reduces the input lag floor outright.

If they can truly get RTX2080 level of performance I think that is specifically calling out the ability to do Hardware Ray Tracing then we are in for some great content!

Back