Next CoD to have "paid" premium features.

The Donut

2[H]4U
This was dropped in a CNN article discussing the next addition to the franchise:

"This year's 'Call of Duty' initiatives will result in the best 'Call of Duty' experiences we have created to date," Kotick said. In addition to paid features integrated into the platform, "You will see a lot of new services and capabilities that will be provided free of charge to all of our customers," he said.

LOL "paid services" for a FPS game. Only a fool would buy this. Wow there really getting desperate now. I wonder how long they will milk this cow before the utters fall off....

I'll wait to pass judgement until they give specific examples of what these paid premium features mean (I've read that they might make it a free to play game, sort of like BFH)... but honestly, I'm probably going to pass on the next COD unless it brings something completely different to the table than the other MW games.

I'm not a COD hater by any means, I liked MW, MW2, WAW and BO, but they're releasing these games way too fast. I'm perfectly content with black ops for the forseable future (plus COD zombies owns). They need to relax a little and give these games a longer shelf life than a year.

Run out of bullets? No problem, just perform a simple micro-transaction for another clip!

Who knows what "paid features" means, though. That could mean DLC maps. While I don't put it past them to jack around and add all sorts of bullshit, it's all speculation. I highly doubt any console FPS can support a monthly fee.

Payed features will include:

New Maps
New Weapons
New Outfits (that make you look super cool and your friends jealous):rolleyes:
Custom Names like (Pwner and M4DSkillZ)
New Loadouts like Tazers and Mace spray ( think of the fun to be had running around the map macing people)

I can't wait to laugh at my friends who buy this and then continue to dish money over to that company.

It would take Bobby Kotick coming to my house, falling to his knees, begging for forgiveness, and handing me a briefcase full of at least $60 (my refund for Black Ops) to get me to buy another CoD game.

Confirmation of paid features just cements that. I was peer pressured into buying the first map pack for MW2, and I will never again pay a big chunk of money for a handful of maps. If Activi$ion is going to charge me $60 for another cardboard cutout that's pretty much the same (but worse!) compared to last year's CoD game, and then try to charge me at regular intervals to get ongoing value out of my purchase, they can happily sod off.

I think if Valve came out with Counters-trike 3 right now the CoD franchise would go up in a puff of smoke.

Do it Gabe. Release it buggy we don't care the competition is at it's weakest!

Hmm... Let me think about this for a split second. Nope. Don't want it. No thanks.

I think if Valve came out with Counters-trike 3 right now the CoD franchise would go up in a puff of smoke.

I expect Battlefield 3 to have a nice effect albeit probably not to that level.

Do it Gabe. Release it buggy we don't care the competition is at it's weakest!

Valve usually doesn't put out buggy garbage.

A CS 3 done right and taking everything great about the series to the next level would be downright monumental.

I sorely wish they'd do it.

Disgusted at this franchise and quite frankly at all the people that continue to buy and support it.

Valve can not make a CS 3, it would end up like Starcraft 2, the same damn thing only with newer graphics. I mean what the hell is CS anyway? a MASSIVE twitch shooter with only the tinyest amount of purpose to each round.

Plus on top of that how many maps are out there? thousands right? But then how many actually get played? Four: Office, Dust, Dust_2, train

CS:S is perfect, you can not improve on it in any way possible, any change and it becomes a different game, but then they did release TF2 and it was great......

Disgusted at this franchise and quite frankly at all the people that continue to buy and support it.
Can't do much about the uninformed parents (if you can even call some of them that) who buy their bratty ass kids whatever they want.

MW 2 and CoD Black Ops were both POS games and both went on to break sales records

just proof that sheeple will buy anything.

:confused:

Wont this mean everyone will just play the old CoDs and BF3 and ignore this crap?

Then again people pay for xbox live and stupid hats in TF2...

And this will sell like hot cakes thanks to all of the scrubs who gets ahold of their mommies credit cards.

While it wouldn't surprise me that they would want to charge extra $$$ for stuff that should be free, I'll wait to see what it actually is they're talking about.

I also haven't played a COD since MW1, and I only got that one because it was $15 at some point this past Steam holiday sales. Ever since the negative backlash that was MW2, I've decided not to even bother, especially since they're just more of the same each year it seems.

CS:S is perfect, you can not improve on it in any way possible, any change and it becomes a different game

Well, except maybe tweak the hitboxes or something. Compared to the first CS, it seems that headshots happen much more often, at least according to the bitching of my friend whenever we try to fire it up again. :D

All Activision does is buy off all the reviewers and well, you can read all about it yourself

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/01/what-we-and-activision-learned-from-modern-warfare-2.ars

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/11/pc-modern-warfare-2-its-much-worse-than-you-thought.ars

shitty thing is, all this is just a footnote.

PC Gamers got shitted on with MW2 and Black Ops, but they will not have learned their lesson, they are desperate for anything, they will buy CoD MW3 or whatever they call it, for sure, and bend over and accept the pillaging they did with MW2 and Black Ops.

Last edited:
Going by the sales, apparently it's a huge bandwagon with a ton of people on it.

With enough money, you can convince a majority of people that a turd isn't a turd but a chocolate truffle.

You're kinda boned either way.

Hopefully, PC gamers are smart enough to say "fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me" and not be fooled a 3rd time.

MW2's gameplay mechanics genuinely aren't bad, but the game would be so much better had it not just been a console port with the minimal work necessary for a PC control scheme and accommodating varied hardware specs.

BO is completely devoid of redeeming factors. They don't even have a "game balance" card to play because the game was never balanced.

Unfortunately, if PC gamers are smart enough to stay the hell away from MW3, then it'll just give Activision fodder to yammer on about the death of PC gaming and make even less effort to make any other title worth touching on the PC. PC gaming only dies when there aren't any games released that are worth what the developers are asking.

And you know what, at $1, MW3 probably wouldn't be worth what Activision is asking on the PC.

The best possible thing that could happen to the CoD franchise would to see it go down in flames like the Hindenburg or Guitar Hero.

You're kinda boned either way.

Hopefully, PC gamers are smart enough to say "fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me" and not be fooled a 3rd time.

MW2's gameplay mechanics genuinely aren't bad, but the game would be so much better had it not just been a console port with the minimal work necessary for a PC control scheme and accommodating varied hardware specs.

BO is completely devoid of redeeming factors. They don't even have a "game balance" card to play because the game was never balanced.

Unfortunately, if PC gamers are smart enough to stay the hell away from MW3, then it'll just give Activision fodder to yammer on about the death of PC gaming and make even less effort to make any other title worth touching on the PC. PC gaming only dies when there aren't any games released that are worth what the developers are asking.

And you know what, at $1, MW3 probably wouldn't be worth what Activision is asking on the PC.

The best possible thing that could happen to the CoD franchise would to see it go down in flames like the Hindenburg or Guitar Hero.

Well, again...pending the law suit, Activision might lose all rights to MW anyway...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity_Ward#West_and_Zampella_v._Activision

Really what needs to happen is Bobby Kotick go up in flames, along with activision.

I hope BF3 (and Activision's shit decisions) kills COD off this time round. You can't bitch about PC gaming being dead if BF3 sells awesome and COD sells bad. I loved MW, it ranks as the FPS game I've spent the most time playing. WAW was also ok, but its been all downhill since they decided it was ok to release the same game each year with no improvements and often removed features. I didn't even buy MW2 or BO.

That said, people will probably lap up COD:Re-release like they have the past 2 games.

Last edited:
What retard would really pay for of all things an "FPS" game. Really?!?!?!? Well at least there is still CoD4.

Don't give a fuck about Call Of Duty anymore, why do Activision/Infinity Ward even bother. Would like to see them focus on a new project, but whatever works for them, milking the cow dry = Call Of Duty

Isn't "paid premium content" all over the place now? Doesn't COD already have this? Doesn't Bad Company 2 have this? Doesn't BF 3 have this? Doesn't TF 2 have this? If you look at what Valve has said wouldn't a hypothetical CS 3 have this?

Last edited:
Anyone else hear the end to the Battlefield 3 trailer that pounds in the fuzzy logo while reading this thread?
dun dun da dunt
dun dun da dunt
fuck yeah :cool:

Back