Next Call of Duty...

Zachstar

[H]ard|Gawd
I have to say.. I broke and bought MW2. I have to say I enjoyed the campaign but MP is going to define if the 60USD was worth it.

However it got me thinking about their next project. The "Real" MW3 is years away at best and they will need something to do in the meantime.

WW2 has been done to death. The crazy features they gave W@W only kept it on life support a little longer. And I dont think WW2 vets like some of the ways some of these other games make "cute" the horrifying conflict that my generation did not have to endure.

In my opinion there is an obvious zone that few have considered. The Korean War... The "Forgotten War" Sure for many its either stories of lust and loss in Mig Alley or MASH but in reality is was our first true taste of fighting an enemy that has little regard for standard rules of warfare. Hiding behind civilians was the norm. Often to the point of moving troops through areas by standing behind villagers will knives. It was dirty horrific fighting by people who though they had left war behind.

Its time this story got the COD treatment. The game has a knack about being grim and telling the dark side of the story and not going the cute route whenever it suits them. And it would be fresh ground to cover before the next MW game.

Anything about the past would no longer follow the "Modern Warfare" theme. There could be a COD game for the Korean War, but gaming gods willing the IW will get wiped out by a meteor and some other development house will develop a good story-driven FPS and not some nerd's wet dream about what combat looks like after watching a few youtube videos and Generation Kill.

WWI. That's where it's at. Bolt actions galore. Shotguns and bayonets in the trenches. Artillery barrages. Belly crawls across no man's land. A single bomb being pushed out the side of a paper airplane. Poison gas. Low and slow reconnaissance planes. Marching down the ditches of La Voie Sacree to Verdun. Then joining the AEF at the battle of Chateau-Thierry.

WWI. That's where it's at. Bolt actions galore. Shotguns and bayonets in the trenches. Artillery barrages. Belly crawls across no man's land. A single bomb being pushed out the side of a paper airplane. Poison gas. Low and slow reconnaissance planes. Marching down the ditches of La Voie Sacree to Verdun. Then joining the AEF at the battle of Chateau-Thierry.

Not to mention running helplessly at the same machine gun nests over and over and over

See, there's two conflicting reports. One stated Treyarch's next Call of Duty was going to be set in modern times, yet another one says its going to be based in Vietnam.Seriously, no more WW1/WW2/Nam.....

See, there's two conflicting reports. One stated Treyarch's next Call of Duty was going to be set in modern times, yet another one says its going to be based in Vietnam.Seriously, no more WW1/WW2/Nam.....

hoping for Vietnam, with lots of CCR and jemi hendrix as the background music.

I highly doubt if the next cod game will be good.Cod 3 and waw were both awful games

vietnam would eb sweet. I would love a game that focused on LRRP's but that may be better suited for Flashpoitn 2 mod than COD....

vietnam would eb sweet. I would love a game that focused on LRRP's but that may be better suited for Flashpoitn 2 mod than COD....

The COD target market would start crying 5 minutes into the game wondering why they haven't come across any explosions or bad guys yet. :eek:

Call of Duty: Napoleonic Warfare is what I really want

or

Call of Duty: Galactic Battles in Space

WAW was terrible the graphics seemed cheesy and that story is just played out by now,maybe they should pay attention to what is going on around them and maybe they will produce a good game

Yeah... all those damned Vietnam games! :mad: All 3 of them.

There's been a lot more than 3. At least a dozen, maybe two dozen.

On the other hand all the games I've seen about the Korean War have been war games or flight sims.

How about no more Treyarch? I've not liked a single CoD game that they've made...

They'll probably invade China, or have China invade US. Or everybody invade everybody. After having the russians invade the US, where do they go? They just have to push farther and farther into ridiculous ideas.

They'll probably invade China, or have China invade US. Or everybody invade everybody. After having the russians invade the US, where do they go? They just have to push farther and farther into ridiculous ideas.

A huge land war between India and China. There would be so many character models on screen at a time, the game would crash instantly.

I say, its a trey-arch modern warfare game, it will be billed AS an expansion pack, it will also cost 60 dollars, and it will rip off aspects of Operation flashpoint 2 (which FYI, is a challenging game, I don't know if some of you understand what a gaming challenge is), with fending off the PLA, it will be better than a IW modern warfare game, but it will still be artificially "under achieving" to appeal to the console kiddies

Whatever happened to making a game for the challenge, advancing the technical aspects of a game, simulating real life recoil, bullet drop, wind, making a game complex, to make it more and more impossible to beat, so you feel like you accomplished something when you do. When I beat MW1, I didn't feel like I accomplished anything, I felt like I was just going through the motions.

The Korean War is an extension of WWII. Barely any technological advances (ok ok some helicopters and jet engines were standardized), same weapons, and a brutal setting.

and what? you going to go up and down the peninsula and end the game at the DMZ where it all started? Ehh, not a good game if you ask me :p

Yeah... all those damned Vietnam games! :mad: All 3 of them.

AMEN! Give me a good Vietnam conflict game people! Preferably a realistic simulation but I'll even take an arcade console port FPS.

I wanna play it with some Hendrix full blast in the back ground.

I have to say.. I broke and bought MW2. I have to say I enjoyed the campaign but MP is going to define if the 60USD was worth it.

However it got me thinking about their next project. The "Real" MW3 is years away at best and they will need something to do in the meantime.

WW2 has been done to death. The crazy features they gave W@W only kept it on life support a little longer. And I dont think WW2 vets like some of the ways some of these other games make "cute" the horrifying conflict that my generation did not have to endure.

In my opinion there is an obvious zone that few have considered. The Korean War... The "Forgotten War" Sure for many its either stories of lust and loss in Mig Alley or MASH but in reality is was our first true taste of fighting an enemy that has little regard for standard rules of warfare. Hiding behind civilians was the norm. Often to the point of moving troops through areas by standing behind villagers will knives. It was dirty horrific fighting by people who though they had left war behind.

Its time this story got the COD treatment. The game has a knack about being grim and telling the dark side of the story and not going the cute route whenever it suits them. And it would be fresh ground to cover before the next MW game.

COD W@W focused too much on fighting japs. No one cares about japs we wanna kill natzi's

Africa has great setting for warfare.

Yeah that would rock. A fictional war with battlefronts across Africa's terrain. That is a beautifully diverse continent(that needs to be destroyed by bombs in a game).

Hear that IW is going to release the next COD game in the series.

COD:1066 Battle of Hastings

BTW, they listened to the PC crowd and developed for the PC before console. Dedicated servers will handle 10,000 vs 10,000 Team deathmatch game however you will still need to connect to it via IWnet.

COD W@W focused too much on fighting japs. No one cares about japs we wanna kill natzi's

Lol!

Hear that IW is going to release the next COD game in the series.

COD:1066 Battle of Hastings

BTW, they listened to the PC crowd and developed for the PC before console. Dedicated servers will handle 10,000 vs 10,000 Team deathmatch game however you will still need to connect to it via IWnet.

and download the actual game EXE's from steam, as they are not included with the Retail DVDs.

The Korean War is an extension of WWII. Barely any technological advances (ok ok some helicopters and jet engines were standardized), same weapons, and a brutal setting.

and what? you going to go up and down the peninsula and end the game at the DMZ where it all started? Ehh, not a good game if you ask me :p

That is a highly simplistic description of that bloody war. It was the first time we truly faced an army that truly had no care about using civilians as shielding.

MASH made it look silly.

Now that I think about it, a Call of Duty game with the theatrics of the latest one would be really cool if set in Vietnam or in Japan during WW2. I have Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for PC and it wasn't so bad and it was nice to be in a different WW2 location. I would prefer the next COD be in Vietnam though. That'd be sweet. Modern warfare in modern times is getting old imo as well, and there really aren't any really GOOD Vietnam games.

Need some 64vs64 128vs128 battles. Most rigs will be able to handle it now.

COD 7: Ultimate Diplomatic Action...You play a role as an ambassador who averts global thermonuclear war with just his words (done like a bioware game), except there aren't multiple endings because its on rails, and your answers don't really affect game play.

Now that I think about it, a Call of Duty game with the theatrics of the latest one would be really cool if set in Vietnam or in Japan during WW2. I have Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for PC and it wasn't so bad and it was nice to be in a different WW2 location. I would prefer the next COD be in Vietnam though. That'd be sweet. Modern warfare in modern times is getting old imo as well, and there really aren't any really GOOD Vietnam games.

World at War?

Got a better one.

COD: Prehistoric Warfare 20,000 BC.

You are part of clan in which you need to bash the other clan's head in. Each side has different classes like hunter (carries a pointed stick) , gather (Carries small child while throwing stones at the other clan while picking berries.) Kill streaks perks include riding into battle on a dinosaur to save valuable energy since you don't know when your next meal is coming. Drawing a picture of the battle on a cave wall showing you had a kill streak. Saber tooth tiger attack. A new perk called pointdom (Think martyrdom) Before you die your enemy lands on your stick without any problem. Cavemen will not be allowed to grunt since the developers stated it was "not how the cavemen sounded"

MP version has no problem playing on IW net since the whole game only needs a 56K connection and will only service a 5 on 5 game. Lag will not be noticable since it really takes that long to find and kill the other clan. No dedicated servers. No mod packs since all the weapons and body garments are the only things available.

SP version is were it is really at. A FPS action packed classic allows to fast forward through the future. You will visit the times of the Sumaritans, then Egyptians, the greeks, then the romans. Next you will have to wade through several hundred years of in clan fighting to see the classic European powers come to life.

Travel the high seas with the British as a lowly seaman. Fight pirates. (You will be on ships sponsored by the RIAA and MPAA. The boats that you will be attacking will look like the pirate bay logo ships.) Do you die of disease or an ill fated arctic adventure? When you get bored of the current track you will transformed into a general in this other land known as the USA and watch more fighting between two clans of people. (Spoiler. Jim Bob Smith takes a lucky pot shot at you. You are mortally wounded and die several days later in a field hospital after having your leg sawed off in 35 seconds!) After awhile you will slowly start wondering is this game is really on rails but then you come to the 20th century. COD WW1 has not come out yet but it will be a full price expansion pack so you can experience not a whole heck of a lot. (lots of mowing down zombies.) After WW1 ends, you will be asked to start playing a COD series game to experience the European theater and the Pacific theater. Once you had your fill of zombie attacks you quickly welcome COD4 Modern Warfare and it's full priced expansion Modern Warfare 2. How will it end? No body knows.

Bonus level. Fight the GEICO cavemen not realizing they are not really cavemen!

Hint: It will show someone on a computer based web forum stating how much the game sucked and how he or she will not pay full price for a history lesson on a DVD. That person will be right since Activision stated the game was going to be the most expensive in history. MSRP was $200. The CEO released a press statement stating "it cheaper than a college history course" and "we knew people would pay an extra 150 dollars for this product" The developer went on to state "it was going to be the coolest game in history." Somehow on the day of release the game did in fact break all records for units sold beating all the games in the COD series combined. They all lived happily ever after. The End.

Damn, a COD that took place back it prehistoric days would be sick. Like one class with throwing spears, others with rocks and sticks and crap, some type of rock axe, mallets, in the COD style of gaming, it would be fun.

I've been reading these forums for a while and this is definitely the best idea I've ever heard. I've wanted a good, high budget, mainstream WWI shooter since before the original MW. People downplay the possibilities for a WWI game but you laid them out perfectly. Would be intense. SP could be about some young Hungarian/Austrian or German that up and enlisted thinking, like many did, that the war would be quick and glorious only to find...

Not to mention running helplessly at the same machine gun nests over and over and over

Well... yeah it's CoD after all...

Back