• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Next big PC Game

Funny how people are sick of sequels and want original content, yet most mention sequels for their most anticipated games of 2006.
I'm going with London:Hellgate and Alan Wake.
 
bazylik said:
Funny how people are sick of sequels and want original content, yet most mention sequels for their most anticipated games of 2006.
I'm going with London:Hellgate and Alan Wake.

Indeed. I'm guessing the next big game that will break previous records probably hasn't even been announced yet. Many of these very pretty looking games mentioned here aren't that much prettier than some other games being announced as well. Going to need gameplay that's fun and different, and/or graphics that are not just good, but clearly better than other competing games.
 
bazylik said:
Funny how people are sick of sequels and want original content, yet most mention sequels for their most anticipated games of 2006.
I'm going with London:Hellgate and Alan Wake.

Well, not all sequels are bad/boring. For example, every Unreal Tournament game has been a great addition to the franchise, and I can't wait for UT2007.

Of course, I love it when developers release original titles, but it doesn't happen very often these days. I bought Katamari Damacy and Feel the Magic when both were released, and I'd be happy to give any other original title a shot if it appeals to me. Prey could be considered an original title, but we'll have to wait to see how the game plays as a whole before passing judgement. And as you've mentioned, London:Hellgate and Alan Wake both look like promising new franchises. Regardless, there are many seemingly great first-person shooters planned for release this year, and it should prove to be quite an enjoyable year for PC gamers. :D
 
why dont you cry about it stiller..

orig.

Stiler 2[H]4U

I'm taking it half the people didn't even read the main post...?

"next big multiplayer pc game will be?"
 
zero002021 said:
Well, not all sequels are bad/boring. For example, every Unreal Tournament game has been a great addition to the franchise, and I can't wait for UT2007.

Of course, I love it when developers release original titles, but it doesn't happen very often these days. I bought Katamari Damacy and Feel the Magic when both were released, and I'd be happy to give any other original title a shot if it appeals to me. Prey could be considered an original title, but we'll have to wait to see how the game plays as a whole before passing judgement. And as you've mentioned, London:Hellgate and Alan Wake both look like promising new franchises. Regardless, there are many seemingly great first-person shooters planned for release this year, and it should prove to be quite an enjoyable year for PC gamers. :D
I agree, I am dying to play Oblivion as well as next Wolfenstein game, but there are some games that are pushing it too far and suck badly sometimes (medal of honor series for example)... Sequels get boring with time or feel just upgraded IMO... and for UT and the like I put it in the "good TV series-like" category :D
 
I'm currently drooling over Star Trek Legacy, especially since you get to play from the perspectives of the original movies. I just hope it's not some hack job port, and really takes advantage of the 360's power.
 
Hmmmm......I actually just looked up info about quake wars, and I must say: I'm adding it to my list.
 
I don't know if this game is multiplayer or not...and it probably won't even come out in 2006!...but anyway:

Project Offset.

If you haven't seen the videos do yourself a favor and go here:
http://www.projectoffset.com/
But be prepared to clean up the drool from your desk. :p
 
Supreme Commander
Battle for Middle Earth 2
RoN: Rise of Legends
Alan Wake
TES: Oblivion
GRAW
NWN2
Prey *might* be cool


Also, a game that looks promising no one has mentioned - Call of Juarez

Just for Starters.
 
1. Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
2. Red Orchestra (if it comes out soon enough) [see make something real contest]
3. Half Life 2 aftermath (maybe only big on single player)
4. Team Fortress Source (if it comes out EVER!)

On a side note 360 Mp game to have is gonna be Test Drive Unlimited
 
JOESKURTU said:
1. Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter
2. Red Orchestra (if it comes out soon enough) [see make something real contest]
3. Half Life 2 aftermath (maybe only big on single player)
4. Team Fortress Source (if it comes out EVER!)

On a side note 360 Mp game to have is gonna be Test Drive Unlimited


I honestly can't wait for Test Drive unlimited, as that sounds completely awesome. It's amazing how like in real life, you can just cruise around in the game world and come across another live person to challenge for a race. Of course the advantage to this, is that it's legal, safe, and no matter how badly you bang up your dream ride, you still get to live.
 
junehhan said:
I honestly can't wait for Test Drive unlimited, as that sounds completely awesome. It's amazing how like in real life, you can just cruise around in the game world and come across another live person to challenge for a race. Of course the advantage to this, is that it's legal, safe, and no matter how badly you bang up your dream ride, you still get to live.

Eh, Going by the last Test Drive, I wouldn't have much faith in this one unless they REALLY nail down the gameplay.
 
M1ster_R0gers said:

Oooooh yeaaah. I haven't picked up a new RTS in quite some time.... (Red Alert 2 was my last..... I hated Generals so I didnt really play it)

Can't wait for supreme commander ;D!
 
Dr.Makavelli said:
Man fuck the RPG games...FPS ftw...

I can't wait for HL2: Aftermath

must agree...lol....though i will try oblivion since it has the best graphics i've seen in an rpg...
 
Bo_Bice said:
simple games for a simple person.

That was completely unecessary. A post like that doesnt even warrant a response; please do us a favor and don't say things that flame war inducing.

To the poster who fronted his opinion: Half Life: Aftermath's AI looks like it could break new ground.
 
Attean said:
That was completely unecessary. A post like that doesnt even warrant a response; please do us a favor and don't say things that flame war inducing.

are you high, or just dumb? 'Man fuck the RPG games' was the flame-war inducer.

actually, don't answer that. just get back to your simple life.
 
Why choose when you can have both!

For me its;

Oblivion
UT2007
Huxley
Crysis (a bit further away).
 
Lol...

I WANT TO PLAY GRAND THEFT AUTO 4

That is using a VERY NICE game engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT GAME WOULD OWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


wish!!!!!!

Add online play...and you got best game of the history of earth...or somehting like that
 
TranquilRed said:
Quake Wars: Enemy Territory

Quoted for Truth!

Unless Quake Wars completely sucks, I'll be done with BF2 when its released.
 
Bo_Bice said:
are you high, or just dumb? 'Man fuck the RPG games' was the flame-war inducer.

actually, don't answer that. just get back to your simple life.

i was going to point out that he didnt attack a person, but a genre of games which is relevant to the discussion. you attacked a person, rather than defend your opinion. which is why people had a problem with it.

but i just realized you picked a username the same as someone that was on american idol, on purpose.

now i cant take you seriously. move along, nothing to see here
 
Back
Top