Next Android Called 'KitKat'

US KitKats taste awful. Horrible soapy Hershey style chocolate.

It's working already... I feel like snacking on a Kit Kat. I don't think I've had one since last Halloween.

It's working already... I feel like snacking on a Kit Kat. I don't think I've had one since last Halloween.

Not on me at all...

American chocolate is always disgustingly sugary.

Why not Diabetes? When the next version comes out, Type 2 Diabetes.

diabeetus-06.jpg

I feel like im just about the only one that understand the whole naming scheme. Hint: Its alphabetical.

^ you're not the only one. you're missing the point. its just that KitKat is dumb brand name. shoulda stuck with keylimepie

A and B were (API Level 1 and 2) not named... then came> Cupcake> Donut> Eclair> Froyo> Gingerbread> Honeycomb> Ice cream sammich> Jelleybean> (Key lime pie) Kit Kat........ see whats wrong?

I feel like im just about the only one that understand the whole naming scheme. Hint: Its alphabetical.

Hint: everyone is making fun of the ridiculous naming scheme. KitKat is by far the worst one, hence the thread.

^ you're not the only one. you're missing the point. its just that KitKat is dumb brand name. shoulda stuck with keylimepie

And according to reports...not even Android employees at Google knew about it. It seems that Google knew it's own employees thought it was such a moronic cynical move that they didn't even dare let word out to their own.

Hint: everyone is making fun of the ridiculous naming scheme. KitKat is by far the worst one, hence the thread.

Yes, the advertising company called GOOGLE used a bad name. Names never was their strong suit. While all of you are making fun of the name they are making fun of you and finding ways to serve you kit kat ads because you keep saying kit kat on their browser!

Yes, the advertising company called GOOGLE used a bad name. Names never was their strong suit. While all of you are making fun of the name they are making fun of you and finding ways to serve you kit kat ads because you keep saying kit kat on their browser!

Chrome? Not for me, I'm spyware free thank you very much.

It isn't that the name is "bad". It is that Google's choice of branding is about as shamelessly cynical as they come.

Google is saying to Android users- "HEY, we think your mindless idiots who will go out and buy any candy name we use, so we're going to profit and get a kickback this time....NOW GO BUY NESTLE'S SHIT YOU IDIOTS".

It isn't that the name is "bad". It is that Google's choice of branding is about as shamelessly cynical as they come.

Google is saying to Android users- "HEY, we think your mindless idiots who will go out and buy any candy name we use, so we're going to profit and get a kickback this time....NOW GO BUY NESTLE'S SHIT YOU IDIOTS".

You need help.

You need help.

Try me. What other reason is there for Google to not only use the "Kit Kat" brand with full Nestle corporate permissions...with full quid pro quo product branding between both corporate entities...but also deliberately keep all their Android employees in the dark about the decision?

Try me. What other reason is there for Google to not only use the "Kit Kat" brand with full Nestle corporate permissions...with full quid pro quo product branding between both corporate entities...but also deliberately keep all their Android employees in the dark about the decision?

Because they keep their employees in the dark all the time.

The reason is because they struck a deal with another company, which also follows their naming scheme.

I'm not sure how this is something terrible or forces android buyers to buy nestle's products...

Because they keep their employees in the dark all the time.

The reason is because they struck a deal with another company, which also follows their naming scheme.

I'm not sure how this is something terrible or forces android buyers to buy nestle's products...

I think most people are just pointing out that the cross marketing is about as classy as a dumpster blowjob.

I think most people are just pointing out that the cross marketing is about as classy as a dumpster blowjob.

Not sure why it has to bother anyone, names a name, I doubt anyone outside of techies knows what version their phone is on let alone the code name.

That goes for Android, iOS and WP.

Google has been getting those dumpster BJs at your expense for years now.

Because people are people. Even the Call od Duty fans would blow a gasket if the next Call of Duty was called "CoD: Extreme Mountain Dew Edition".

They might as well... Bad example is bad.

Because people are people. Even the Call od Duty fans would blow a gasket if the next Call of Duty was called "CoD: Extreme Mountain Dew Edition".

The internet is filled with funny people.

I guess I don't have enough time in my life to waste being on the internet hating on everything that gets posted in the news section. :D

What does this have to do with the title of a game?

This is the Front Page comments section, when does anything have to do with anything?!?!

I'm surprised no ones blamed Windows 8 or mentioned how Apple has a patent on this already.

What does this have to do with the title of a game?

Read the conversation and get back with me...

Start with your post...

So yeah the way the cross marketed the fuck out of CoD and mountain dew they may as well have named the game COD mountain dew edition.

Back on topic Its a fucking code name for an OS version. It means NOTHING, its something most people will never ever know. All they will know is the numbered version if they even know that much about their damn phone.

The nerd rage and disgust over it is laughable.
A) Its just an internal code name and only the nerdiest of nerds give 2 shits
B) Its google, you know the guys that shit all over your privacy to target you better ads yet THIS is what people get their panties in a bunch over??
C) Did i mention its a flipping code name and nobody gives a flying fuck?

Start with your post...

So yeah the way the cross marketed the fuck out of CoD and mountain dew they may as well have named the game COD mountain dew edition.

Back on topic Its a fucking code name for an OS version. It means NOTHING, its something most people will never ever know. All they will know is the numbered version if they even know that much about their damn phone.

B) Its google, you know the guys that shit all over your privacy to target you better ads yet THIS is what people get their panties in a bunch over??

Ummm.

If an internal code name is so secret that not even the developers know about it...is it still an internal code name?

Start with your post...

I'm well aware of the content and context of my posts.

It is not a code name. http://www.android.com/kitkat/
They are even selling these Android shaped Kit Kats.

Cross marketing in commercials and cross marketing in the naming convention of a product are two different things. A commercial is self contained and can do whatever it wants. I don't have to see Mountain Dew ads every time CoD marketing pops up.

Say you were to watch a commercial where Captain Jack Sparrow sits down at a Burger King with an unsuspecting family, says something bizarre, then everyone laughs and chews their facefood.

Now say, instead of that scenario, the next Pirates of the Caribbean is actually called "Pirates of the Caribbean: Whoppers Ahoy!".

One is lame cross marketing, the other is whoredom.

I'm well aware of the content and context of my posts.

It is not a code name. http://www.android.com/kitkat/
They are even selling these Android shaped Kit Kats.

Cross marketing in commercials and cross marketing in the naming convention of a product are two different things. A commercial is self contained and can do whatever it wants. I don't have to see Mountain Dew ads every time CoD marketing pops up.

Say you were to watch a commercial where Captain Jack Sparrow sits down at a Burger King with an unsuspecting family, says something bizarre, then everyone laughs and chews their facefood.

Now say, instead of that scenario, the next Pirates of the Caribbean is actually called "Pirates of the Caribbean: Whoppers Ahoy!".

One is lame cross marketing, the other is whoredom.

Splitting hairs to demonize one company and defend the other when they are doing the same thing. Typical nerd rage bullshit.

Did i mention google is a fucking advertising company? This is exactly why they exist.

Splitting hairs to demonize one company and defend the other when they are doing the same thing. Typical nerd rage bullshit.

Who is being demonized and who is being defended?

If you don't like nerd rage, why are you arguing with me about my comparisons? You're a complicated man.

NtMwLc7.jpg

Much ado about nothing.

Some people are even going as far as to say the switch to a copyrighted/trademarked name is a sign that Google plans to close source all of Android despite Google never closing what once was previously open in Android. (Honeycomb doesn't count.)

Well, although I would rather eat key lime pie, I see nothing wrong with Kit Kats. I don't get the big deal. A name's a name. In the words of Homer Simpson: "If you don't like it, go to Russia!"

Back