Newest Razer Fanboy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacLeod

[H]F Junkie
Ive always been a Logitech guy and always tried to buy their stuff but a couple months ago I wanted to get a headset so I could game and not disturb the wife watching Desperate Housewives or whatever stupid show she watches in the other room. Read a bunch of reviews and decided to branch out and get the Razer Carcharias cause it got rave reviews and was $20 cheaper than the comparable Logitech. After a few minutes with it, I loved it. Sounded great and comfortable as you could ask even after a 9 hour Mass Effect marathon one night.

So a couple weeks ago I was looking for something different than my G9 mouse cause it was getting a little uncomfortable and was just a little too small. Tried the G500 and didnt like it at all. Took it back and got the Deathadder and instantly fell in love. This is the most comfortable and best feeling mouse Ive ever used and performance is 99% of the G9.

Today I splurged and picked up a Black Widow Ultimate so I could join the mechanical keyboard club. Again, I am extremely impressed. The build quality and overall feel of this thing seems outstanding. Its taking a while to get used to the feel of it and I keep bottoming out the keys but hopefully with a little time Ill learn some finesse.

So just thought Id post a testimonial because its not everyday I switch my brand fanboism but Im really liking these Razer products in terms of performance and comfort. Even picked up a Razer Goliathus mouse pad. :D

Last edited:
I'm a Razer fan, too. I love their Abyssus and Diamondback mice. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the BlackWidow, though it's not quite at the level of my Filco.

I've had a Razer Naga Epic for under two months...one day I booted up the comp and the lights on the mouse would not turn on...all of the buttons on the mouse now do not respond by just clicking....you have to hold the button down for at least a second for it to register. I had the original Naga but the left mouse button would click twice for one click...that's when I "upgraded" to Naga Epic. Screw Razer...going back to Logitech, :mad:

Had a Razer Boomslang back in the day as well as a Mamba more recently; both broke within a short period of time of purchasing. I still have a Logitech Mouseman+ to this day...

+

+

+

Does not compute. I suspect that your opinion will change when your mouse and keyboard break in 3 months time.

Ive had my deathadder for 3 years and its still holding strong, even through a few drops, falls and some ice tea...

Granted it's my only razer product and it's the mac edition mouse (I had a mac only when I bought it.)

razer makes great mice, i love my lachesis even with the middle mouse button not working(which i could fix but i don't really use it) the shape and weight of it work perfectly for me.. i hold my mouse pretty weird compared to most people and this is the first mouse i've ever used that fits my usage style.

now as far as razer's keyboards go.. they are a total piece of garbage.. i absolutely hate my razer lycosa keyboard. the keys feel like shit and 90% of them are completely blank and showing the clear plastic which is now just a big blue blob from the blue LED's under it. worst 50 bucks i ever spent on a keyboard. i mean seriously, how effing hard could it of been to clear coat the keys so that the rubber coating or what ever the hell crap this is would not scratch off? the advertise 3 key limit unlock doesn't work, the LED's randomly turn on and off.. the only nice thing about the keyboard is that if you spill a soda or some form of liquid in it, it takes all of 2 minutes to take it apart and clean it out.

to give you an idea of how many blank keys i have.. here ya go..

weopasdfglxcvbnm. tab L&R shift keys enter key back space delete key space bar L alt L ctrl

most of these keys started going blank within the first 6 months of owning the keyboard.

Ive had my deathadder for 3 years and its still holding strong, even through a few drops, falls and some ice tea...

Granted it's my only razer product and it's the mac edition mouse (I had a mac only when I bought it.)
There are man hands that will rock and stress every joint of a mouse and then there are the "questionable" mac boys with their delicate soft hands who would not squish a lady bug let alone slam their mouse on the desk after getting fragged.

Though I have never had a razer keyboard, all their products that I have own are very high quality. My deathadder has been treated like complete crap. I wouldn't even be angry if it stopped working cause it has been flung to the wood floor a lot. BUT it still works like new. All my other razer mice have been great too.

I think its mostly their keyboard that have problems cause they aim them at children and put flashy lights and macro buttons on them. I don't even consider them gaming keyboards; they are kids keyboards. If you want a keyboard be prepared to pay for it. Filco/Steelseries 6gv2/ leopold etc.

EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried a Razer product, I've been extremely disappointed. Whether it's build quality issues or firmware/software bugs, Razer products do not live up to the hype. The only Razer product I've been able to use for more than a week before throwing it in the trash was a mouse mat.

I got the same headset about 3 or 4 months ago for free, some woman's husband had a gaming PC and the hard drive shit out on them, she just gave everything away because he bought a gaming laptop instead. I could have gotten more, but I got the headset, razer mouse pad (the hard one, not cloth/flexible), and 4GB of DDR3 RAM. I wish she'd have grabbed the graphics card and keyboard/mouse, but no biggie. She got it all for free, came home and was like 'here you go, not sure if any of it is good or not'.

$80 headset, $20 mouse pad, 4GB of RAM... Pretty nice if I say so myself. I own a CM Storm Storm Sentinel mouse and Merc Stealth keyboard, though. I've always liked the way razer mouse/keyboards look, but I prefer beefy mice for my hand. I got the merc stealth because of the built-in gamepad, but it's a bit awkward and I never use it, wish I had spent the $90 on a better keyboard. It's not bad, but less than 6 months later it's already worn out on the space bar and wasd keys, and the L key.

There are man hands that will rock and stress every joint of a mouse and then there are the "questionable" mac boys with their delicate soft hands who would not squish a lady bug let alone slam their mouse on the desk after getting fragged.

Except I dont game on my mac, I use it on my rig. And have for almost 2.5 years.

Btw I have U.S. Army hands thank you very much. ;)

Damn, didn't realize there was so much hate for Razer. Every review I could find on their stuff was stellar (Professional reviews - I don't pay too much attention to user reviews) especially the Black Widow and Deathadder.

Oh well, glad I've had good luck with them.

MacLeod said:
performance is 99% of the G9.
I can tell a big difference between them but i do more than surf the internet and play WoW.

Razers product quality is piss poor. If youve had good luck with them then you are truly lucky. I have a Razer deathadder special CPL edition and retired it early so it will still work. Ive had numerous fail on my before. Their heatsets are also garbage. I bought the Barracuda headset a long time ago and it broke within a month. Dealing with Razer support is a joke.

Ive switched to logitech for my keyboard/mouse needs and its been great. Support is phenominal and the products are great.

For sound Razer and Logitech are horrible. I moved to Sennheiser and Audio Technica. The sound quality is much better and they arent marked up pieces of crap like Razer.

You should have posted/read up on here before purchasing.

You should have posted/read up on here before purchasing

I did and there isn't anywhere near the rage that is in this thread. Search this forum for Deathadder and black widow and the opinions are mostly positive. Even the thread complaining about a defect wanted to replace it with another. That along with the downright stellar professional reviews and it looked good to me.

BUT BUT BUT GLOWING SERPENT LOGOS AND GLOSSY BLACK PLASTIC

So its lame because it looks cool?

Though I have never had a razer keyboard, all their products that I have own are very high quality. My deathadder has been treated like complete crap. I wouldn't even be angry if it stopped working cause it has been flung to the wood floor a lot. BUT it still works like new. All my other razer mice have been great too.

I think its mostly their keyboard that have problems cause they aim them at children and put flashy lights and macro buttons on them. I don't even consider them gaming keyboards; they are kids keyboards. If you want a keyboard be prepared to pay for it. Filco/Steelseries 6gv2/ leopold etc.

lol i get insanely into my games and beat the living crap out of my lachesis and the thing just keeps going like it was brand new..

EVERY SINGLE TIME I've tried a Razer product, I've been extremely disappointed. Whether it's build quality issues or firmware/software bugs, Razer products do not live up to the hype. The only Razer product I've been able to use for more than a week before throwing it in the trash was a mouse mat.

yes i agree their firmware and driver support blows.. with my lachesis there was about 1% of customers complaining about a glitch that would cause their mouse to randomly move to the left of the screen without touching it. so they released a firmware that fixed it then caused the problem on all the mouses that never had the problem. so then they released a new firmware that finally fixed it for all of them a few months later. irritated the hell out of me since they included an update in the first firmware update that i wanted so i had to go back to the stock firmware. even though it takes a while for them to fix stuff at least they aren't like a lot of companies that ignore the minority of customers having a problem so i give them a little credit for that. seen way to many companies that say well only a fraction of customers have that problem so screw you we don't care.

+

+

+

Does not compute. I suspect that your opinion will change when your mouse and keyboard break in 3 months time.

My Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard is still working great after 6 months . :p

OP, glad your digging Razer. I've used all popular brands (and many different mice) over the past couple years and Razer is fine. It's received the most heat from the (Phillips) laser sensor they use in a lot of their mice. I've used most their mice and this is a non issue if you don't pick up your mouse.

Anyway Razer is fine overall. The only issues I have with them is they do need to work on the quality of their products. Some of the mice they are selling for $100 feel like $30 mice. Also the laser sensor needs to be replaced due to the bad rap which is a legit issue if you pick up the mouse often.

My Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard is still working great after 6 months . :p

My Model M is going on 25. Years. :D

OP, glad your digging Razer. I've used all popular brands (and many different mice) over the past couple years and Razer is fine. It's received the most heat from the (Phillips) laser sensor they use in a lot of their mice. I've used most their mice and this is a non issue if you don't pick up your mouse.

Anyway Razer is fine overall. The only issues I have with them is they do need to work on the quality of their products. Some of the mice they are selling for $100 feel like $30 mice. Also the laser sensor needs to be replaced due to the bad rap which is a legit issue if you pick up the mouse often.

I think just a lot of the hostility here is a result of the blind adoration given after only a short time using the products.

For example...

I have a Sigma DP1s camera that I adored for its incredible performance and apparent build quality until it started falling apart on me... Screws fell out in my pocket, the battery clip broke under normal use, and dust got on the sensor. Things that shouldn't happen to a camera. Then, when I sent it in they refused to repair it under warranty saying it was abused (certainly not abused in any manner that could have caused the problems).

I've tried every Razer mouse and keyboard except their new Star Wars themed board. I've liked only the Krait, Diamondback (original & 3G), Abyssus and BlackWidow, but I like them A LOT! As with everything else, it all comes down to personal preferences and experiences.

I've had two razer boomslangs die. The one i purchased and the one they sent as rma replacement.

neither of them lasted long.

However, I also have a brand new logitech g700 that the left mouse button stopped working on after 3 days - and it seems to be not uncommon.

I've had the Razer Death Adder for around 3 months, no problems. It was replacing a Logitech M500 mouse, which for some reason would not update fast enough to support a 120Hz screen (what a piece of junk). That was replacing another Logitech mouse which just started to stick (no jokes please). Also I paid over $200 for a Logitech diNovo keyboard and the thing broke after a year. Don't think I'd be interested in Logitech for a long while. Plus, the Razer Hydra rocks!

I've had the Razer Death Adder for around 3 months, no problems. It was replacing a Logitech M500 mouse, which for some reason would not update fast enough to support a 120Hz screen (what a piece of junk). That was replacing another Logitech mouse which just started to stick (no jokes please). Also I paid over $200 for a Logitech diNovo keyboard and the thing broke after a year. Don't think I'd be interested in Logitech for a long while. Plus, the Razer Hydra rocks!

Did you talk to logitech about the issues or just assume that there should be no failures with electronics?

Razer has been a mixed bag for me. My copperhead lasted for four years until it recently died when my brother had it (he smacks the thing like crazy when hes playing FPSes). The Lachesis replaced the Copperhead a few years back, but died after about a year. I have had a Imperator for a year now and it has been great. The Deathadder has been working fairly good was as a replacement for my brother too. Lets see where these two mice we have now go I guess.

My razer naga has been going strong since it was introduced and I've put it through a lot of abuse and so far I've been loving my razer onza te. No problems with razer so far. I'm thinking about buying their 5.1 headphones for my 360 next.

Okay, so I actually was uset to using the bog-standard keyboard and mouse you'd get when buying your new computer, however my friends had some Logitech gear as well as some other unknown crap that I really cannot remeber, but one of my friends had the Razer Lachesis (The old 4000dpi one), and I instantly fell in love with the fact it lighted up.

I did my research and a friend of mine told me that Razer stuff is very tempermental, it's known to break easily and fast and give poor customer service.

Going against my gut feeling, I went aheead and got the Razer Lycossa Keyboard and Razer Lachesis 5600dpi Mouse. It's been a good 6 months since I got these things and I could NOT be happier. They still work perfectly, even after a complete OS-reinstall and a few cpower surges, nevermind the amount of Pepsi, Vodka and Water that manages to find its way into my keyboard.

I would reccomend Razer products to anyone who can look after thier equipment. I type on my keys too hard and the "S" and "A" on my keys are starting to fade, but you'd get that with any keyboard really, so I rest my case.

Finally. Glad to hear a couple positive comments. You guys were starting to scare the shit out if me after dropping $190 on a keyboard and mouse! LOL.

I may have to admit I was wrong but not sure yet. Playing Crysis 2 the last two days the strafe has stuck twice, once to the left and once to the right. I don't think its the keyboard tho cause I've noticed a couple bugs in C2 like guns being empty but you can't reload them cause it keeps saying its full. Plus I can't duplicate it no matter how hard I press or how long I hold down A or D. Im gonna try some other games tonight and see if I can duplicate it. If so, Ill have to admit its a dud and swap it for a G510. I hope not cause I really like the keyboard.

Last edited:
I have hated the one razer product that i purchased. It was headphones and they broke the same day. never bought razer again. CM storm ive been using their mouse for over 2 years now and they make amazing gaming mice.

Razer audio is some of the worst out there. Not that logitech is any better but razer makes theirs out to be the best.

Yeah this is just getting ridiculous now. No point in keeping this open anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back