Newegg "Summer's End" Sale

More realistically my idle temp is room temperature which is still ridiculous - but somehow I have seen it report a few degrees below room temp which I guess it's just not accurate. It has been with the last two computers with this setup(according to core temp and I will post temperatures with the new computer I will build in a couple months). Doesn't make sense to me either.
Its just the sensors in the chip not being finely calibrated at that temperature given its never expected to run there and in any case doesn't matter. I had a phenom 9500 that thought it idled at 19c, but then again it also thought it could run 64 bit code. It was wrong on both counts.:p

Just ordered an AX1200 yesterday :(. Trying to see if they can apply the discount retroactively.

Good luck with that. I ordered a case from them in the morning and by the afternoon it was on sale. The order was still processing and hadn't even shipped. They put up a big stink about how they don't price adjust yadda yadda....seriously??? My first order hadn't even shipped yet and you won't price adjust it?? So in the end I paid full price. GAH!

Needless to say lately Newegg has been the 3rd or 4th place I fall back to now when ordering my computer pieces parts.

Good luck with that. I ordered a case from them in the morning and by the afternoon it was on sale. The order was still processing and hadn't even shipped. They put up a big stink about how they don't price adjust yadda yadda....seriously??? My first order hadn't even shipped yet and you won't price adjust it?? So in the end I paid full price. GAH!

Needless to say lately Newegg has been the 3rd or 4th place I fall back to now when ordering my computer pieces parts.

I asked them to honor the discount but they said that they couldn't. They did give me a 10 dollar credit for my trouble though.

Then I would buy the Super Flower one since that is the one that got the good review. Not the rebadged Rosewill one that did not get reviewed and who knows what was changed when it was commissioned. Sorry man, but the PSU world is full of swindlers.

And why would you go buy an unknown PSU from a brand that has a poor track record on some of it's models, when you can just buy a good one that you know is good with no worries?

What's to stop a brand like Super Flower from changing the design between the time jonnyguru reviewed it and weeks, months or even years later when the same products are still in the retail channel? Nothing. It's been known to happen with a lot of other brands.

Just like there are swindlers that will sell you bad quality PSU for low price under crappy brand names, there are also swindlers that will use their reputation into tricking you into paying premium prices for a shit unit.

"When a company resells an OEM power supply under a new name it must be certified under the new name and company, even if the OEM supply is certified."

So, while the Rosewill PSU wasn't reviewed by jonnyguru or whatever, it was still independently certified 80 PLUS Gold, which means you know it actually is capable of delivering 1300W continuous at 87% efficiency. It might not do so with e-peen enhancing low ripple when you test it in an oven. It might not do it for 5 years continuously...but at least 80 PLUS Gold means they aren't lying about the spec.

Regarding the "poor track record" on some of its models, you can't really blame the brand name that there exists a demand for $20 and $30 PSUs. It only makes business sense that they try to introduce products in those price points to meet those demands.

Good points, panfist. I've been using Rosewill products since they started selling them on Newegg and never had a problem with any of them. Their networking stuff is real cheap but works well.

I'm on my second Rosewill power supply. The first lasted 4 years and I never had a problem with it. The only reason I replaced it was a video card upgrade. I put a lot of time into researching the power supplies because I don't like swapping those out every time I do an upgrade. I was very close to buying an HX650 or another Corsair, but when the HIVE series came out and went on special, that closed the deal. I could not beat the price for an 80 PLUS Bronze certified modular 750W PS with all the connectors I needed, and it was on special at the time. For what I paid, the value is awesome. It does not look or feel cheap, it works, and it's exactly what I was looking for at the price I wanted to pay.

I'm sure there are better parts out there, but getting value is important as well. Being a cheap ass, I just couldn't justify spending $150 on a power supply even if it does last 4 more years. There are a lot of power supplies that fit my criteria that were much cheaper, but I'm convinced that Rosewill is of better quality than they.

I don't think Rosewill has a poor track record at all and I'm happy to buy their parts. I think our hobby sometimes lends itself to an elitist attitude towards manufacturers and puts the emphasis too much on brand. Reputation and track record can be important indicators of success and quality, but when it comes down to a purchase, you're buying a product. If the product is good, it doesn't matter who made it.

I want the most bang for my buck and I always consider Rosewill. They don't always get my money, but it's a brand worthy of consideration.

Their quality as been going up steadily since they first came out, i have bought a ton of their products over the years and rarely have had problems. The only problem i had with any of their products that i can remember was the first Thor case that couldn't survive the shipping process, and the V2 version of the case fixed that and I am working on a build with that case right now, it's very well made.

Looks like it's the real end of summer sale now... Now they have the HX650 for what i thought I was paying :(

Super Flower, as far as I know does not sell its power supplies in North America under its own name.
Kingwin uses or is Super Flower I believe but is usually premium priced, as are several others that use Super Flower platforms.

I don't usually Necro old posts but, for all those doubters of the Rosewill Lightning series PSUs, here is a review from jonnyguru on the 1300W unit - http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=258

You can't really blame anyone for doubting a Rosewill PSU, but that's all it takes is a review from Jonny, [H], or SilentPC to clear up any doubts, barring it's good results like this one had.

I still would rather have a Corsair or PC P&C or <insert other brand with a line of PSU's that are NEVER crappy models>

Back