Newegg - Samsung 2 X 4GB DDR3 low voltage RAM $35.99

HeavensCloud

Oswego, not shitty as Buffalo
Best DDR3 1600 on the market in my opinion, and the lowest price I have ever seen. Runs at 1.35V allowing great overclocks usually.

Link

Use code EMCJNHE45 for 15% off. - Thank you aubsxc

Last edited:
Hmm, I was looking to move up to 16GB... Not really looking to OC my RAM past 1600 tho. Dunno whether to get four of these Samsungs ($68) or one of those regular 1600 2x8GB 1.5v kits going for $75. I guess I could get two of the Samsung sticks and see if they play nice with my existing 4GB G.skill Snipers. Something tells me I should avoid that tho, plus it'd throw the whole look outta whack!

Nice find, especially with the 15% off. I just bought 16GB for $61.18. Insane!

Nice find, especially with the 15% off. I just bought 16GB for $61.18. Insane!

I just bought a 2 * 8GB pack about a week ago, ddr3-1600 1.5v @ $57. With that being said, I think having the 1.35 would be even better if I could get it in 8GB sticks.

CAS 11!!??

Read the reviews. People have these things at 9-9-9-24 @ 2133 w/ 1.5v.

I have installed several pair @ 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 w/ 1.5v. They were for customer builds, and I needed stability. And all have been stable at those timings/voltages.

Read the reviews. People have these things at 9-9-9-24 @ 2133 w/ 1.5v.

I have installed several pair @ 9-9-9-24 @ 1600 w/ 1.5v. They were for customer builds, and I needed stability. And all have been stable at those timings/voltages.

On my SB cpu's I run them in Cas 7, 7-7-7-24 @ 1.5v without hassles. 1333mhz of course...;).

Very flexible memory.

Best,

LC

Does anyone know how these handle on Phenom II cpus? I'm stuck with a c2 stepping 550 BE that won't do 1600 ram speed with any long term stability so I stick with 1333 with low timings. I see someone is pulling basically the same timings I use 7-7-7-22 on an Intel platform so I figured I'd ask if someone has tried these on an AMD one. IF they're capable of it I can finally use the two memory slots my cooler blocks and maybe finally get the imc to some stability at higher speeds due to using the closest slots instead of the outside pair.

Last edited:
ugh, too good to pass up. gonna throw my ripjaws in my HTPC when i make it later this year. I hope having all 4 slots used doesn't effect my OC...

having issues with stability using 4 slots on my rig, so this deal was perfect. Thanks for posting! $31 bux for these super samsungs is sick good deal. I only game though, so unless your looking for 2x8gb, not sure why anyone would pass this up.

Are these the indestructable ram sticks that can do like 2500?

Indestructible? Hardly. I wouldn't feed more than 1.7v over long periods of time.

They can do up to 2400 depending on the timings, IMC, and board. 2133MHz is much more doable.

I don't think any recent ram would be considered indestructible if you were to compare it to the original BH-5 ddr1 chips of yesteryear. Those things LOVED voltage like a fat kid loves cake and they seemed to hold up really really well.

I don't think any recent ram would be considered indestructible if you were to compare it to the original BH-5 ddr1 chips of yesteryear. Those things LOVED voltage like a fat kid loves cake and they seemed to hold up really really well.

wow, thats the first time i have heard bh5 mentioned in a really long time. :D

I have about 42GB of this ram between my 2 server boxes, and it is all running @ 1600 8-8-8-22, with 1.5v. I am pretty satisfied with that. They both fold 24/7 and are rock solid. That is overclocked with all 6 ram slots full on BOTH of my 1366 boxes. Pretty impressive IMHO.

I have pretty much switched to exclusively using this ram. I love it, its cheap, its fast, stable, very low profile, I mean the only thing I negative about it is you can't get it in 8GB DIMM's yet.

I freaking LOVE this RAM. Between this RAM and my Maximus V Gene, my 2500K hit 5.02GHz pretty easily. I have this RAM in all of my machines now.

If you're going to mention BH5, I've got to mention Micron D9 Fat Body's..had set's of both, toss up in which I liked more.

Couldn't help myself...I'm nostalgic....:)

LC

I was never able to get my D9s to 3.3 vdimm and live to tell about it like i did with my BH5s . Both awesome chips when they were in use though.

Just installed mine, 4 x 4GB. I running @ 2133MHz 11-11-11-28-2T @ 1.35v
I am somewhat surprised they work so well @ 1.35v, I was expecting to have to overvolt to 1.5v, but it's not necessary.

Just installed mine, 4 x 4GB. I running @ 2133MHz 11-11-11-28-2T @ 1.35v
I am somewhat surprised they work so well @ 1.35v, I was expecting to have to overvolt to 1.5v, but it's not necessary.

damn, thats awesome. mine will be here tomorrow, i will post results.

fracking mcfracktron, popped in the ram to try them out, first bench computer crashed. couldnt figure out what was wrong for the life of me. turns out my corsair H60's pump shit the bed, 1090t was smoking hot. results will be delayed until rma is done. soab.

Dropped in my sticks today, set to CAS9 with default settings and I'm happy enough. My new HTPC is more than 50% faster (and a few hundred percent faster with graphics) than my last one and tops out at about half the power consumption. Was running at 33W in fullscreen HD video playback.

Low voltage, low profile, ITX friendly.

I just installed my 4 x 4 sticks. Not that I put a lot of faith in the Windows WEI, but 16GB @ 1600 scored 7.8 vs. 7.9 with the 2 x 4GB Mushkin using the same 9-9-9-24 settings. I bumped the speed up to 1866 @ 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v, and now the WEI is 7.9.

Running great...

Last edited:
So question for you guys. If you are overclocking it to 1.5V, is heat going to be an issue? I know that compared to DDR2 which is running 1.7-2.0V, this should still be much cooler, right? I'm just wondering if an OC will require extra airflow. I'm guessing not. Low profile will actually be good, my heatsink kind of blocks some of the slots anyway.

Also, while I'm at it, can anyone tell me (or direct me to a link) that explains 1333 vs. 1600 for the RAM bus speed? I guess I stopped understanding the connection when I used to run the ram synchronus with the FSB. I have a Sandy Bridge i5... fyi.

yea I'm not positive about the speed either... I've always had 1600 ram running at 1333 speed with my 2600k -_-

I looked up some stuff the other day but it just seems ram doesn't make that big of a difference with SB?

That RAM should easily be able to take 1600 (based on other's OC), but you're right, it won't make much of a difference in most real world scenarios and it's kinda pointless to push it any higher past 1600 unless it's just for kicks. I've got my current 2x4GB kit at 1333 just because I'm lazy and that's what it was rated for, price difference for 1600 these days is trivial tho.

Back