Newegg OPEN BOX >.< *Help*

logical

Weaksauce
Ugh... Okay So, I bought a Biostar ATX Motherboard from newegg (OPEN BOX) It was by accident =/ It has NOTHING with it... Just the Motherboard. How they hell am I suppose to install this now? I can get the Drivers, Bios & Manual from the site no problem. Most of the wire I need, I already have as well since I'm just trying to upgrade. My real problem is not having the I/O Panel... .. .. What can I do?

Contact Biostar... ?

Check on ebay too... it's gonna be $5-15 shipped for it...

or just use it w/o the io panel, i know sounds ghetto, but i got an open box from newegg too, twice, one time i got it, they gave me everything, manual and all accessories, the last time, i got the mb and saran wrap, so i just did w/o the i/o shield.

you can usually tell what's in the box, or not in the box, by the prices, assuming they have more than one of the same item in stock,

More expensive=more accessories in my experience

All that said, I haven't used the IO shield in about 5 years anyways.

I was seriously thinking about just doing with out the shield... But I wasn't sure. So, let's say I did with out; removed the old one and such. Installed the mobo and shit. How do I go about installing the drivers for the mobo correctly?

Look for the motherboard model on the box or on the motherboard itself and then hit it up by searching it up in BIOSTAR's website, and then drivers and updates, from here on everything would be in front of you no need for me to tell you what exactly you need and shit. :D

I was seriously thinking about just doing with out the shield... But I wasn't sure. So, let's say I did with out; removed the old one and such. Installed the mobo and shit. How do I go about installing the drivers for the mobo correctly?

Just download the drivers off the Biostar site, burn them to a disc, and install them the same way you would any other drivers.

Ugh... Okay So, I bought a Biostar ATX Motherboard from newegg (OPEN BOX) It was by accident =/ It has NOTHING with it... Just the Motherboard. How they hell am I suppose to install this now? I can get the Drivers, Bios & Manual from the site no problem. Most of the wire I need, I already have as well since I'm just trying to upgrade. My real problem is not having the I/O Panel... .. .. What can I do?

honestly.. i quit using the I/O panels on my motherboards a long time ago.. just worked out better for airflow coming off the cpu depending on the heatsink orientation.. but ive been using a big typhoon VX for the last few years.. which pushes the air down on to the motherboard.. leaving the I/O panel off allowed it to push the air over the PWM's/mosfets and out the case..

unless you have small kids.. or a case setup to run negitive air pressure.. i think the I/O panels lost its usefulness over the years.. just my opinion though especially with the big ass mosfet heatsinks they are using on boards now..

really all you need to make sure works is the nic, it should boot up and into windows okay without the drivers.

get the NIC working and dl all the drivers you need.

What I usually do is use my usb key and put all my drivers on there, I just leave them on there just in case.

why would you send it back for missing an I/0 Shield? you gotta pay return shipping which what 10$? A new I/0 shield is like 12 $ at most.

^
Agree. I don't understand why some are saying send it back or try another.

Your better off buying an I/O shield than paying the shipping fees to send it back and ordering another + shipping.

Last 2 open box mobo's I recieved from Newegg were Asus and didn't have the io plate. Both times i called Asus and they sent one to me free. I just told them the truth, that it didnt come in the open box.

every open box item I have bought, from mobos to sound cards to vidcard worked just fine, and some are currently working just fine in my computer.

and really I only buy open box stuff if I can, saved a ton of cash over the years.

This happened to me. Just use it w/o the shield and contact Biostar support and they will send you a new one for free.

Nice, so I took every1's advice. I put it in last night, everything is in correctly. Now I have a new issue... =/ I pushed the power button and everything powered up, but there was a black screen. Usually I hear one beep and my screen starts to show something. Well, it didn't do that. Was just a black screen. NOw what?

What difference does the i/o panel make? It is really only for aesthetics. I does not affect the performance of the board in any way. And it is not Newegg's fault it did not come with one, their open box policy clearly states you may not get any accessories , just the board. People sending things back fro reasons like this is the reason why Newegg has dropped their one year warranty on most items. Just suck it up and get over it.

Nice, so I took every1's advice. I put it in last night, everything is in correctly. Now I have a new issue... =/ I pushed the power button and everything powered up, but there was a black screen. Usually I hear one beep and my screen starts to show something. Well, it didn't do that. Was just a black screen. NOw what?

Try clearing the CMOS.

Make sure to start as bare bones as possible. CPU, vid card and one stick of ram only. If that works, add other components one at a time.

list the cpu and the mobo. You make have an incompatible cpu. I have a biostar g31d-7 or something and it doesn't support pemtium 4's, only "core" based and up (celly D's,celly duals, e2140 +)

lolz oh how i love technology ... .. Okay the update on this mission.
A friend helpe'd me figure out the black screen problem. The power supple wasn't strong enough. I had another power supply, popped it in and it booted right up. Only problem now is, I have a blue screen =) *yay* Sooooo ... ... I'm guessing it's because of the old HD. Thing is my HD is not SATA and this mobo only has 1 IDE spot. *Fun* So, I can't install a new copy of Windows untill I buy a new HD now. =) Am I Right????

put the hard drive and the cd rom on the same cable and install that way, will take forever though.

but really dude, why would you still want to use an ide hard drive?

I don't even think I have one other than an old IBM deathstar I keep because it's awesome.

can you not boot into safe mode?

list the cpu and the mobo. You make have an incompatible cpu. I have a biostar g31d-7 or something and it doesn't support pemtium 4's, only "core" based and up (celly D's,celly duals, e2140 +)

Wow never heard of that before, newer motherboards not supporting backwards cpus, even if it is budget.

Start testing your parts. Memory is usually the first thing I check after making sure all the connections are right.

lolz oh how i love technology ... .. Okay the update on this mission.
A friend helpe'd me figure out the black screen problem. The power supple wasn't strong enough. I had another power supply, popped it in and it booted right up. Only problem now is, I have a blue screen =) *yay* Sooooo ... ... I'm guessing it's because of the old HD. Thing is my HD is not SATA and this mobo only has 1 IDE spot. *Fun* So, I can't install a new copy of Windows untill I buy a new HD now. =) Am I Right????

If you're using the IDE drive, you might need to supply a driver for Windows to install since you're using a 3rd party controller. If you're still on XP, that might mean a floppy or a slipstreamed disc. I believe Vista will take a USB key.

what kind of jerk doesn't send the i/o shield back with a return?

i mean really

Lots, I've bought 4 or 5 openbox motherboards from them and only 1 had the i/o shield. On the positive side I've never had a problem with any of the boards.

what kind of jerk doesn't send the i/o shield back with a return?

i mean really

its not that it was sent back without it.. 9 times out of 10 the I/O shield is damaged so newegg just tosses it... if the box is missing a cable when returned.. they take all the cables out.. its just standard open box practice.. they clearly state what comes with it when you buy it.. its really only the buyers fault if they dont read it..

I don't see how a motherboard will support a Celeron D, but not a Pentium 4. They're the same technology.

Back