Newegg monitor return policy has me worried...

ITTom80

Weaksauce
Anybody try to return a monitor to Newegg.com recently (2006)? I purchased a Samsung 940b from newegg recently, but decided that I did not want it, and I was willing to eat their 15% restocking fee. However, I logged into their website right now and when I tried to use their automated RMA process, I was unable to initiate an online RMA, I was informed that "Monitors are warranted by the manufacturer only. Please contact the manufacturer directly for more information." I looked around the Samsung website, but I couldn't find any information about monitor returns, only info for monitor repair. Am I stuck with this monitor? If so, does anyone want to buy a 940b silver? :p

I had the same issue and sent them an email about it. They gave me an RMA number in the response. Their system detects that it is a monitor and does not allow automated RMA because Im sure they want to discourage the RMA process on monitors. or it could be a bug with thier web-app. Regardless you can just email them and get a RMA number.

That's good to know. I noticed the no-RMA-for-monitors thing on their website today myself.

etherealtml said:
Anybody try to return a monitor to Newegg.com recently (2006)? I purchased a Samsung 940b from newegg recently, but decided that I did not want it, and I was willing to eat their 15% restocking fee. However, I logged into their website right now and when I tried to use their automated RMA process, I was unable to initiate an online RMA, I was informed that "Monitors are warranted by the manufacturer only. Please contact the manufacturer directly for more information." I looked around the Samsung website, but I couldn't find any information about monitor returns, only info for monitor repair. Am I stuck with this monitor? If so, does anyone want to buy a 940b silver? :p

Hey etherealtml,

We would like to offer our assistance in obtaining an RMA for you. Please kindly note that we do have a 30-day refund period on most products we sell, however, there are some items that are not eligible for a refund.

Please provide me with your Sales Order number (SO#) for the monitor and I will be glad to look into the issue for you.

I didn't know there were any NewEgg support techs registered at these forums. Very nice. :)

I spoke with a newegg via their online chat messeging applet, and they issued the RMA for me, I got the e-mail confirmation almost immediately. Thanks for the replies everyone, and thank you Newegg Support, nice to know you guys care enough about your customer to browse these forums!

Nice to see CS reps hanging around here..hope it's not the last time we see them

I called new egg about this once and over the phone they explained nearly all products can be returned with payment of the restocking fee, unless the item is listed as "same item exchange only". Also if the item is defective then the restocking fee does not apply. I ordered the wrong cpu once, like a moron, and they didnt even charge restocking fee for that cause I bought the correct one at the same time. :)

Newegg is #1 IMO, i've bought & returned and never had a prob since my 1st order in 2002.

Sorry for being a little OT: but what exactly didn't you like about that monitor? Just curious. ;)

:D

Back