NewEgg just keeps getting worse...

Decker87

Limp Gawd
Not sure if you've noticed this before, but...
it's almost like walking into k-mart nowadays

How did you get those temperature readings on your firefox explorer?, thats pretty cool :p

Not really a big deal, but what exactly is the purpose of doing that? I agree to some extent thats its lame, but then again you only have to click it :p

Forecast Fox.

I've noticed that before on a few things (like the Ogio Metro backpack)...but didn't think much of it. Like it's been said, it's just a click away(and besides, who wants a damned RC dinosaur??)
Personally, I'm unhappy with Newegg, mostly for thie increased shipping times with UPS.

I ordered a backpack on Black Friday. I got it last Thursday. Back in the old days, I'd have had it on Tuesday :(

I believe that the point has something to do with shopping bots. Newegg may have the lowest price, but they may not want to advertise it for fear that another store will just beat it by a dollar. They make you "come to their 'store'" to see it.

It's a stupid tactic either way, although it isn't quite as bad as the Amazon "add it to your basket to see the price".

Personally, I've given up on Newegg. ZZF is my new best friend....

legrand said:
Personally, I've given up on Newegg. ZZF is my new best friend....

until ZZF sends your 2 brand new BFG 7800gtx 512mb cards overnight delivery without signature confirmation, they get left on your door by stupid FedEx after a note is left explicitly saying not to, you get home from work 2.5 hours later only to find them stolen and nowhere to be found. Ridiculous.....

I was very happy with my latest purchase from Newegg. Ordered a new Antec Truepower 2 550W PSU from them and used the free 3 day UPS shipping. I placed my order Friday morning and the package was waiting for me when I got home on Monday.

until ZZF sends your 2 brand new BFG 7800gtx 512mb cards overnight delivery without signature confirmation, they get left on your door by stupid FedEx after a note is left explicitly saying not to, you get home from work 2.5 hours later only to find them stolen and nowhere to be found. Ridiculous.....
That doesn't exactly sound like ZZF, so much as, fow you put it, "stupid FedEx". On that note, who signed for the package?

legrand said:
That doesn't exactly sound like ZZF, so much as, fow you put it, "stupid FedEx". On that note, who signed for the package?

NO ONE.... ZZF sent it without signature required. Which just in case that happened I put a note on my door (which was still there when I got home) asking FedEx not to leave the package at my doorstep. IMO both ZZF and FedEx are at fault. ZZF is also IMPOSSIBLE to reach. I started calling ZZF the next morning after this happened. Unable to ever get anyone on the phone over there I left a message everyday for a week, and sent them emails. Both were never returned. Finally after about a week and a half I was able to actually talk to someone on the phone who informed me that ZZF and FedEx would be figuring things out with each other. The Rep told me that I should be getting a call within 2 weeks to resolve the situation, but I am not holding my breath. The end of this week will be the end of the 2 week period, and I am prepared to send a barrage of calls at them until I get this resolved. I am not going to pay $1500 for something I do not even have.

/rant over

Acctually the reason thet do that, is because they are advertising that "toy" at a price lower than the recommended OEM price so they cannot show the price on the main screen. JEGS a popular Mail order hot rod store experianced this when they were selling MSD ignitions for lower than the recommended value. They could not show the acctual price until it was added to ones basket. It did prove to be alot cheaper than I expected.

I tried clicking on the "Click to see the lowest price" button but I keep getting sent to Image Shack? What gives? :confused:

-J.

Guess I'm lucky I live in the boonies. I just bought about a grand worth of upgrades from Newegg and there was no signature required, it was just left out in the snow (but it was still there when I got home).... I remember when anything I bought over $100 required a signature, or a trip to the UPS/FedEx depot.

GeForceX said:
I tried clicking on the "Click to see the lowest price" button but I keep getting sent to Image Shack? What gives? :confused:

-J.

LOL.

your clicking on a picture and not on the actual website. ;)

GeForceX said:

-J.

You weren't being serious were you? lmao

I've ordered from Newegg for years now and I've never had a negative experience shopping with them.

I guess I've just been lucky or it's just the area I live in...I've been a Newegg customer the past year and have been nothing but pleased with their service. I've always selected FedEx shipping though, however my most recent purchase of a MX518 I used UPS and the shipping was very quick. They left it at the door with no signature required and the box looked completely unharmed! Go Newegg, UPS, FedEx, etc.!

I'm not thrilled with Newegg using the "big brown machine" now. My last 4 orders from Newegg have been delivered at least 2 days late. What can brown do for me? Brown can try to deliver my packages on time.

Big brown machine throws packages onto my concrete porch over a 6ft fence...

They just chuck stuff over the fence? Well, I wish I could say that I'm surprised but I'm not. Antec sent me some replacement parts via UPS a couple weeks ago, and when it came to my house there was a giant hole ripped out of the box (which looked like it had been through a hurricane) and a trail of packing peanuts leading from where the truck was to the lawn all the way up to my house. Cleaning up packing peanuts on your lawn is not fun, let me tell you... :mad:

I just smirk every time I see those "What can Brown do for you?" commercials. Oh, I can think of quite a lot of things I'd like Brown to do...

I've easily spent over 10k with new egg, and never had a problem. I'm not happy with them switching to UPS as the primary shipper, but I can live with it. If you're worried about them leaving stuff without signature, simple call UPS or FedEx and officially request to have all packages to address require signature. They will make an entry for your address, and that should do it.

That said, I had stupid UPS leave a $550 monitor durin a rain storm.

Haha, clicking one more time will make me want to buy the item more!....not.

Gibthomacas said:
NO ONE.... ZZF sent it without signature required. Which just in case that happened I put a note on my door (which was still there when I got home) asking FedEx not to leave the package at my doorstep. IMO both ZZF and FedEx are at fault. ZZF is also IMPOSSIBLE to reach. I started calling ZZF the next morning after this happened. Unable to ever get anyone on the phone over there I left a message everyday for a week, and sent them emails. Both were never returned. Finally after about a week and a half I was able to actually talk to someone on the phone who informed me that ZZF and FedEx would be figuring things out with each other. The Rep told me that I should be getting a call within 2 weeks to resolve the situation, but I am not holding my breath. The end of this week will be the end of the 2 week period, and I am prepared to send a barrage of calls at them until I get this resolved. I am not going to pay $1500 for something I do not even have.

/rant over
Disputing the charge on your credit card is a surefire way to get them to talk to you.

Gibthomacas said:

Have it delivered to your office then.

Newegg is sliding.

They're coopting... they're marketing tie-ins, they have officially caved to the man.

I'll still use them till I can find something better though.

UPS and ZZF both suck.

UPS for many reasons.

ZZF will let you order a product, even though it is out of stock (there system doesn't show you that), charge your credit card, put your order in "Packed" status, thus making you unable to cancel your order unless you contact them, and then you can NEVER get a live person, you have to leave a messege and then they never call you back.

I finally had to have my lawyer contact them to get my order cancelled after they had it in Packed status for over a week, and didn't return any of my 47 voicemails or 35 emails.

There is a speacial place in Hell for ZZF and UPS.

And NewEgg is on there way there too.

NoEcho said:
Newegg is sliding.

They're coopting... they're marketing tie-ins, they have officially caved to the man.

I'll still use them till I can find something better though.
It's called adjusting to market demands and growth. Anyone that thinks a business entity can remain stagnant and unchanged for any length of time is foolish.

gutkin said:
I've easily spent over 10k with new egg, and never had a problem. I'm not happy with them switching to UPS as the primary shipper, but I can live with it. If you're worried about them leaving stuff without signature, simple call UPS or FedEx and officially request to have all packages to address require signature. They will make an entry for your address, and that should do it.

That said, I had stupid UPS leave a $550 monitor durin a rain storm.
I agree totally...well...except for the monitor in a rain storm part. :p

I've probably spent close to $30k (mostly for business) in the last year and a half. I've not had one problem with them and the only real problems I have with UPS is that their puckup locations and time suck for the Denver area. I prefer FedEx but really I'll make do with whoever gets the job done well.

Wolf-R1 said:
It's called adjusting to market demands and growth. Anyone that thinks a business entity can remain stagnant and unchanged for any length of time is foolish.

No, it's called sucking up, caving in, turning a computer parts store into Toys'R'Us. It's weenietastic, half witted, "bought the pitch from marketing" stupidity.

If you'd like to look at this from a business strategy perspective - it's called deviating from your core function; abandoning your vision.

I have to dissagree with the OP.

I've only made two orders from Newegg, onece for a 1GB Duo stick (and a few items that weren't for me), and again for my new build.

My first experience wasn't anything special (after all the great reviews I saw, they didn't really surprize me), since they got my order on time (Fedex had the package a day early, but they kept it since I only paid for 3-day).

This time, I ordered last Sunday, and got everything processed the next day. One of the packages shipped from their warehouse in NJ, and get here today (AMD 3700, 1GB ram, DVD burner - yummy! :D ). I'm expecting it all to be here by Friday.

NoEcho said:
No, it's called sucking up, caving in, turning a computer parts store into Toys'R'Us. It's weenietastic, half witted, "bought the pitch from marketing" stupidity.

If you'd like to look at this from a business strategy perspective - it's called deviating from your core function; abandoning your vision.

Wow that is the most inane post I've read in a long time. Congratulations.

GnomeCop said:
Wow that is the most inane post I've read in a long time. Congratulations.

You sound like a marketing guy. I can tell from your lemony, 'forward thinking' rebuttal.

newegg is still reliable and pretty fast.. but their prices, choice of default UPS, MIR crap.. they're not as great as they use to be

the only issue I have had with newegg was the occasion the sales dept told me that OEM means no software, so you should not expect it. Duh ! then why did you include the software in the description and pictures ? gimme my friggin software and stfu. but other than that, they are the only company I use for online purchases, other that that it is the local shop where they treat me pretty good, and the prices are darn close to newegg if not better sometimes.

UPS sucks.

The last 3 things i've had delivered, the guy left them at the door, rang the doorbell, and RAN AS FAST AS HE COULD back to his truck. I swear to god it didn't take me 3 seconds to get to my front door after I heard the doorbell, and HE WAS ALREADY GONE, lol.

Oh and on Monday they attempted to deliver my tai-chi case while I was home. The lady never knocked or rang the doorbell, just left a sticky note on the door saying I wasn't available to sign. I was sitting 10 feet from the door, and if i'd only heard the truck pull up.. lol. That blew my mind.

I think they have a game going on between deliverers to see who can ring the doorbell and get away before the customer sees them.

Ordered from Newegg again. Two shipments, one using UPS, the other from FedEx. Obviously I paid a little more for FedEx, but I ended up getting the package early. The UPS order came a day late.

Newegg, good. UPS, bad.

nock ups all you want( i hate them and prefer fedex too) but i will still but from newegg untill they make DHL their default carrier. EVERYTHING i have ever gotten through DHL looks like the guy beat it with a bat before putting it on my doorsteep. then one day i found out why, they just throuw all the box's in the back of their shitty vans, there are no racks or straps, no nothing, just boxes stacked on boxes

Back