NewEgg complaint.

EricDawg

Limp Gawd
Is it just me or are the product descriptions and info for NewEgg toys sort of lame? I realize they've assumed you've researched it somewhere else then just purchased it there. But many times a key spec isn't listed on a product that only they sell. Pretty frustrating.

Also, they don't accept negative posts. I had a Netgear router that sucked and wanted to warn people about the support (or lack thereof) you'd get. They won't accept the posts. Even if you just say "It didn't work well for me". Pretty lame.

Just seems like there's not many decent places to buy hardware. God forbid we could actually try stuff out.

Flame away Eggheads. :(

Anyone that wants more information than is there, is presumably competant enough to use Google...

As to the second though, I've noticed the same thing, which is why I pretty much ignore that bit of their site and tune it out like any other shameless self-promotion.

They're better than most places I've dealt with, although I'm acquiring a taste for ZZF (partly because I found their 800 number and have their PBX sorted out enough that I can get CS on the phone after five minutes or so now...). Newegg's got pretty extensive stock though, so unless you can point me at somewhere with better selection AND beats them in pricing / service, I'm going to have to keep using them fairly often.

I dont know Neweggs policies on what they allow on a review, they may want you to stick to strictly the product, they probably dont want people getting into the service of the company that manufactures the item, or your experiences getting service from them. They probably also dont want useless flames about how bad the product is. I am sure they would allow a useful critique of the item whether positive or negative.

Also, do you know they have dissallowed your review, or has it simply not been posted yet?

I am sure they would allow a useful critique of the item whether positive or negative.

Uhhh.... No.

Find me a negative review on NewEgg, that's your homework for this post. The most negative they get is "Well, I would have given this a five if I didn't have a minor problem with it being completely broken, so I'll give it a four".

They are in the business of selling products. Positive reviews tend to help sales, whereas negative reviews tend to hurt sales. Which would you leave up? Amazon does the same thing. I don't really consider it lame that they want to sell stuff. If you want real reviews then find an independent review site.

Stoopid Guy said:
Uhhh.... No.

Find me a negative review on NewEgg, that's your homework for this post. The most negative they get is "Well, I would have given this a five if I didn't have a minor problem with it being completely broken, so I'll give it a four".

How about 3 1 star reviews for the same product for the second thing I looked at?

Linky : http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=1&item=20-159-202

Here is one of the negative reviews "This ram blows donkey XXXXX, it does not work with nforce 2 mobo. "

So stop complaining just because newegg didn't like your review or hasn't gotten arond to approving it yet.

This is old news. Newegg does reserve the right to not post reviews of products they sell on their site. It just so happens that they don't post as many negative reviews as they recieve. This has been "discovered" before it will be brought up again with the exact same conversation taking place. Don't believe me, do a search on the forum; see for yourself.

Just do like the egg tells you and not base your buying decisions off of the reviews on the site.

newegg.com said:
Making buying decisions based solely on these reviews is not recommended. more info...
Newegg.com is not a forum for product reviews. For product reviews, we recommend sites such as www.cnet.com, www.anandtech.com, and www.tomshardware.com. Newegg.com is a private site that conducts the business of selling computer hardware and as such, any specifications and information posted by Newegg.com regarding products for sale must be factual. However, customer comments in regards to their experience with said products are the opinions of the user. The customer opinion reviews are used at the discretion of Newegg.com as a marketing device for positive and constructive ways to share the benefit of the product. It is not used as a source for negative commentary as we cannot endorse the validity of any negative comment. Therefore, the Newegg.com site is moderated to remove any unproven biased negative comments. It is not the intention of Newegg.com to mislead any customer and therefore
all purchase decisions should not be solely based on the customer review.

I won't flame away as you state because newegg lost some serious respect in my eyes too by not posting a negative review of a product. That's crap. They should do away with that feature then it's fradulent. Before anyone over-assumes, I gave a board 2 or 3 stars iirc, wrote reasonably(no OMG or bashing), and even mentioned how the egg got it there a day early. Silly me to post a board is incompatible with many non-XP OS's like 2000 and save other people hours of troubleshooting. It was definitely a board quirk as there was a later bios fix. Lame though to not post it up.

Nothing lame about a business trying to improve their sales. If it helps them make money and thus pass along better prices and better service to me the consumer, then I have no problem with them filtering reviews. As stated, all star ratings are still accepted, and I have no problem clicking over to the [H] or Tom's to get unbiased and incredibly more thorough reviews.

I personally think Newegg is over praised and I don't know why people praise about their shipping. Their shipping isn't even that fast especially when you have to pay shipping for mostly all of the products. They should make it like Amazon. Amazon shipping is extremely fast in my opinion and it's free if your order is $25 or above. I usually get my products in two days after I ordered it and it took newegg two days to verify my orders and three days to ship, that's just slow out of question. I don't know about their service since I never used them. But in my opinion, I think Newegg are over praised and their return policy sucks ass and you have to pay for the return shipping.

They don't refuse. It just takes a long time for the review to get up there. They probably have just one or two people going through all the reviews all day to make sure that prices or company names aren't mentioned.

Newegg, like all E-Stores, use the descriptions there distributors give them, they don't have time to do it themselves. If you want to blame lame descriptions on anyone, blame it on the distibutors.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one...

If you don't like Newegg, don't buy from them...I personally can't think of a negative thing to say about them...$4000+ in orders from the last year or so and I couldn't be happier. I've found their customer service and return policy very fair and better than most online retailers.

As for their information on products...a someone else here said...google is your friend.

texuspete00 said:
I won't flame away as you state because newegg lost some serious respect in my eyes too by not posting a negative review of a product. That's crap. They should do away with that feature then it's fradulent. Before anyone over-assumes, I gave a board 2 or 3 stars iirc, wrote reasonably(no OMG or bashing), and even mentioned how the egg got it there a day early. Silly me to post a board is incompatible with many non-XP OS's like 2000 and save other people hours of troubleshooting. It was definitely a board quirk as there was a later bios fix. Lame though to not post it up.

I agree that at least in some reviews they should allow posts like this that help with compatibility issues. Those are the posts that help me more than the joker that says, "This is the greatest freaking product ever."

I do like how they link directly to the manufacturer product page (unlike ZZF). That's usually the place to get the exact specs for the item I'm looking at. Very helpful.

newegg is a great company
but they arent the cheapest out there
zip zoomflys 2nd day air always gets to ya in 2 days.
i hate ordering from newegg on tuesdays or wednesdays because i always get hit up with the bogus weekend and end up having to wait till monday.

orders over a grand are always from newegg because their rma service is so easy.

Erasmus354 said:
I dont know Neweggs policies on what they allow on a review, they may want you to stick to strictly the product, they probably dont want people getting into the service of the company that manufactures the item, or your experiences getting service from them. They probably also dont want useless flames about how bad the product is. I am sure they would allow a useful critique of the item whether positive or negative.

Also, do you know they have dissallowed your review, or has it simply not been posted yet?

I bought a card that didn't work right because of poor design, and posted exactly what was wrong. I also mentioned that the manufacturer had not answered repeated emails over about 3 weeks. I had also previously spoken to Newegg about the product but more or less got brushed off.

This was several months ago - it never showed up.

jpmkm said:
They are in the business of selling products. Positive reviews tend to help sales, whereas negative reviews tend to hurt sales. Which would you leave up? Amazon does the same thing. I don't really consider it lame that they want to sell stuff. If you want real reviews then find an independent review site.

It's deceptive, in that they are represented as open customer reviews, and not censored endorsements.

only times newegg has taken longer than two days to ship is if i ordered on a friday, they always came on mondays... i love newegg. they are the bestesteset evar. and ive seen negative reviews on there :confused:

Stoopid Guy said:
Uhhh.... No.

lol, i swear I've seen a couple ones just like that. Pretty funny to read at least.

ashmedai said:
I bought a card that didn't work right because of poor design, and posted exactly what was wrong. I also mentioned that the manufacturer had not answered repeated emails over about 3 weeks. I had also previously spoken to Newegg about the product but more or less got brushed off.

This was several months ago - it never showed up.

What company/product was it?

Erasmus354 said:

No I tried a few times. Even a generic yet truthful post like "It worked great for a couple of years then gradually stopped working. Outsourced support was not helpful. I consider support to be part of the product you buy. Just thought I'd let you know". A few variations of that, then one w/o the support sentence. Never showed up. It's been weeks. So all you see is "It's great!" Or "I love it".

This is bullshit. Yes I might not buy that particular product if it had bad reviews. But I'd buy one that had good reviews. I ended up replacing it with a D-Link Gamer Lounge router. Bought off the Egg. But I had to research it elsewhere. I ened up at a few competitors, which is stupid to force people to your competitor for info.

I appreciate how quickly they process orders. But I've bought a few things elsewhere just because I get tired of their web site. Obviously there's a few things they could do to keep more customers. Maybe they don't need to. Oh well.

Just pray you don't need to call some dot-head for a faulty hardware problem. Worthless idiots.

Have you guys seen the Intel EE CPU and AMD FX CPU reviews?? It's bashing and flaming back and forth between Intel and AMD fans. Granted they don't include every negative review... it's not like they're only showing the positive ones. Again, just don't read the reviews if you don't think they're objective. The egg warns you anyway.

I made my first laptop purchase off of Newegg. I was miserably disappointed with the machine and decided to vote on it (ie, I did not post a review, just the 1-5 star rating). I was the first person to have voted on this particular model (was an Acer Aspire). I gave it 3 stars, which gave it an average rating of 3 stars out of 1 vote. Two days later, it had a 5 star rating out of 0 votes. :confused:

I still order from Newegg, but they lost major oppinion points that day.

Andrew_Carr said:
What company/product was it?

Here's the link to the full listing of reviews for it.

http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=0&item=16-126-001

Among other things, the card doesn't boot on a reboot, you have to completely power down the computer. Also as I said the manufacturer didn't return any emails. Newegg customer service didn't seem to care much (at least they didn't hang up on me :p ) so I posted specifics about the card's quirks.

Good post but I can not say so myself because I love newegg to death for the great services they have given me.... 1st of all they have a million products to post on there and do spex on so they are not going to give you a full review on it and that is just a given....DUH.... AND you really think they are going to let you post on there that.." this product that they sell sux a big on and noone buy it or you will have a pos product"... No sry they are not going to let you knock there products on there site and again that is a given....DUH... so therefore if you dont like newegg go somewhere else and if you do then dont start worthless threads like this knocking them down.... ;)

Oh one more thing newegg sponsors [H] so it is bad that you are putting them down

R!P13y said:
so therefore if you dont like newegg go somewhere else and if you do then dont start worthless threads like this knocking them down.... ;)

Only too true...anyway, if you/anybody have such a big problem with them...take it up with THEM...with millions of customers/orders, they can't be perfect every time...except for me, every order has been perfect ;)

Erasmus354 said:
How about 3 1 star reviews for the same product for the second thing I looked at?

Linky : http://secure.newegg.com/app/CustratingReview.asp?DEPA=1&item=20-159-202

Here is one of the negative reviews "This ram blows donkey XXXXX, it does not work with nforce 2 mobo. "

So stop complaining just because newegg didn't like your review or hasn't gotten arond to approving it yet.
Never had a problem with samgsung and the price is excellent. Newegg did a wonderful job.

LOL! newegg did a wonderful job.

diablo111 said:
Only too true...anyway, if you/anybody have such a big problem with them...take it up with THEM...with millions of customers/orders, they can't be perfect every time...except for me, every order has been perfect ;)

GOOD GOOD i am glad that you and i am sure everyone will agree and I am with you i have never had a bad order and I always get shipments on time or early(YES EARLY) like 1 and maybe even 2 days.... I really like newegg and that is why i am standing up for them right now...
:D

Stoopid Guy said:
Uhhh.... No.

Yeah...they never have negative reviews :rolleyes:

2 out of 5 stars

First off, it didn't suppoer DDR 400 like it was advertised when I bought it. I notice it doesn't say that anymore. It crashed a few times for no reason. I was not happy with this board. I rma'ed for a refund and got a new mobo. Good luck if you do buy it, just read the posts and be forwarned.

2 out of 5 stars

I currently have a Geforce3 Ti500. I thought I would buy this card and get a little better performance seeing as how it's 2 years newer with twice the ram. Don't count on it. The picture quality and speed of this card is much lower than that of my ti500. While this card is cheap, the performance is awful. I wouldn't recommend this card to anyone looking to play recent games.

There are quite a few others...if you only look at the top, high end brands that everyoen loves, you're not going to find much negative review...but look at the budget and crappier products that deserveit and the negative reviews abound...there, I did my "Homework" for the post...maybe before people spout off about things, they should research them first.

No, I stand by my earlier comment. They are never negative reviews for me. I just refuse to believe in them, they're like the tooth fairy and easter bunny. Well, not the Easter Bunny since he's real, but you get my point.

Point = Newegg is not special and different, and caveat emptor applies same as everywhere else? Yup.

It'd be nice if they were, and they're one of my first stops when I'm looking for something, but I still check around. I find them better to deal with than the average, but not holy.

Back