Newegg Cheapest GPU Finds (6/29)

In what games? A 980 can play just about anything well at 4k or 1800P, and ram usage barely goes over 2GB. Digital Foundry even has an on going series using the 970 and testing games like Crysis series, Batman series, Forza series and it does fine.

Try maxing out the settings on titanfall 1 and 2 at 1440 res.

Shadow of Mordor as well and I believe DOOM.

Try maxing out the settings on titanfall 1 and 2 at 1440 res.

Shadow of Mordor as well and I believe DOOM.

Don't have either. But how are you checking the vram usage? Things like afterburner and such are showing allocated vram, which works just like system allocated ram. It grabs more then it needs for a "just in case" moment. That's why in all vram reviews between 8gb cards and 4gb cards there is no differences. It just allocates less ram when there is less available.

Planning on putting my RX480 up on the eBay this weekend and maybe using it to fund a 1080ti purchase....I know they're far from the best choice, but if I used the 1080ti to do some light mining when I'm not on it what kind of scratch could I bring in?
Optimistically, probably about 25-30MH/s, if you're talking Ethereum. As of today, that's about $4 a day.

Not nothing, but it'd take a while to break even on a 1080Ti.

Interesting response. So you dont think the hype will last?

No, I do. It's been going on for years now. But there's always market cycles..... And, I wonder if the market could get saturated with miners?

Disclaimer, I don't follow the inner goings on closely.

Back