Newegg charges credit card before shipping?

dje

n00b
I recently ordered a couple Newegg deals found on the [H]. Looking at the order status pages, I see that they don't charge your credit card at shipping any more. Is this a new normal that I wasn't aware of? I thought all reputable online retailers charge when the order leaves the warehouse.

Also, my orders were in "processing" for 3 days before being transmitted to the warehouse. I am wondering if this is a new normal for Newegg. I don't remember their service ever being this slow.

Anybody have this experience?

No, must be you. Purchased many items off newegg in past 3 months and I usually have them within 2 days of placing the order. And I could careless when I am actually charged. I dont know why some people make a big deal about that. As long as I get my items in a fast reasonable amount of time, they can charge me the instant I place the order for all I care.

I have heard newegg has gone downhill since going "mainstream" recently -- their golden days were numbered, too many customers daily? who knows....

but I usually see the charge the same day, or maybe 1 day before its shipped. Sometimes it will show up AFTER it ships, even...... Never longer than 1 day though, that is odd I'd say......

PS: I am also on the OPPOSITE (east coast) side of the country compared to newegg in California

As far as I know, all places charge at the time of the order (or at least place a hold for X dollars to make sure your card isn't maxed out) when things are in stock. Shipping may happen that day or the day after depending on time of day you originally placed the order.
The egg used to be alot faster in processing and shipping. The fact your order took longer than a day to go out suggests to me their real time inventory was messed up and your item wasn't really in stock at the time or else someone just dropped the ball.

amazon doesnt charge untill it ships, and sometimes afterword.
once i had my old debt card saved in amazon and forgot to update it. they emailed me like 2 weeks later that my card was declined and they are cancelling my order.
but i already have it.

funny thing is i called up customer service and and asked them to charge my new debt card, and they were like we cant do that, the order is closed. then i was like can i send the stuff back and then order it again on my new card, and they are like sure, except our policy for our loyal customers wanting to retun small priced items is that they just get to keep it, so even if we process a return, youll get an email telling you to keep it instead of a label.

even though it was a couple of cables totaling about $20 im kind of irritated that my mistake got me stuff for free.

lol amazon. proves that mainstream != poor service.

As far as I know, all places charge at the time of the order (or at least place a hold for X dollars to make sure your card isn't maxed out) when things are in stock. Shipping may happen that day or the day after depending on time of day you originally placed the order.
The egg used to be alot faster in processing and shipping. The fact your order took longer than a day to go out suggests to me their real time inventory was messed up and your item wasn't really in stock at the time or else someone just dropped the ball.

This would be my guess as well. 3 days of processing sounds like they did not have the inventory becase ive never had an order take that long to process.

I find it's hit and miss. I have waited as long as a week for order processing, other times, it ships the same day. This goes for other stores too, not just Newegg. Normally Newegg is pretty fast.

I think it depends really when you order. Like, if you order on a Monday that is a holiday, then yeah they will probably have a huge backlog of orders to go through. That's my guess anyway.

lol amazon. proves that mainstream != poor service.

because they planned ahead.... newegg apparently did not plan to get the massive invasion of customers, and only have 1 locatoin, amirite? I see they are doing TV commercials now too, big new market invasion there (mainstream in my eyes)

Amazon has MULTIPLE places, MULTIPLE warehouses, etc... in multiple countries :D

I think newegg just got a China store, and thats about it as far as global infrastructure and warehousing.... lol

because they planned ahead.... newegg apparently did not plan to get the massive invasion of customers, and only have 1 locatoin, amirite? I see they are doing TV commercials now too, big new market invasion there (mainstream in my eyes)

Amazon has MULTIPLE places, MULTIPLE warehouses, etc... in multiple countries :D

I think newegg just got a China store, and thats about it as far as global infrastructure and warehousing.... lol

Are you trying to be funny or something?

No?

are you trying to start an argument over completely nothing?

and I double-checked... they do have a china store www.newegg.cn -- but I have definitely heard a lot of complaints recently, and I've shopped with them for a good 5+ years online ($2,000+ easily)

I love newegg, but they have slowly been jacking prices, getting poorer in service and returns, and clearly trying to take over more of the PC parts market, in a bad way. Not good, I really like newegg for their service and MOST ESPECIALLY their pricing in the past :(

I hardly find any good deals on Newegg nowadays. Mostly I find them elsewhere, like Amazon or TigerDirect. And TigerDirect has always been good to me, especially with 10-20% ebillme cashback.

And as was said, I don't particularly care when I get charged as long as I get it in a timely manner.

No?

are you trying to start an argument over completely nothing?

and I double-checked... they do have a china store www.newegg.cn -- but I have definitely heard a lot of complaints recently, and I've shopped with them for a good 5+ years online ($2,000+ easily)

I love newegg, but they have slowly been jacking prices, getting poorer in service and returns, and clearly trying to take over more of the PC parts market, in a bad way. Not good, I really like newegg for their service and MOST ESPECIALLY their pricing in the past :(

He thought you were starting an argument, newegg has warehouses in several states. Common knowledge..... and they have not gone downhill, more people means more to complain as a number, despite likely being the same percent. Newegg is awesome. Sounded like you were faking not knowing.

Newegg charges me with 2 minutes of the order being placed.
They will ship out the same day or next depending upon the time you ordered.

Amazon doesn't ship as fast unless you have 2-day shipping, They can wait on charging you for free shipping since it takes up to two days to leave the warehouse.

Amazon doesn't ship as fast unless you have 2-day shipping, They can wait on charging you for free shipping since it takes up to two days to leave the warehouse.
This is pretty much my experience.

no, you dont need 2 day shipping. you can go with standard shipping also. its part of amazons shtick. if you choose "super saver free shipping" we will intentionally wait 1-3 days before shipping it out. its their way of getting people to pay for shipping. its been this way WAY WAY before Prime and their 2 day speed. its been this way every since they started the spend $25 and get free shipping deal.

It has always been this way? I always got processing and then "Credit card has been charged" before they ship it. Same with amazon I believe, it always gets charged right away and then shipped out sometime later.

Makes sense... Make sure the payment method is legit before you dispatch the labor to physically process the order. Would end up costing Newegg money if they put people to work picking the items and preparing them for shipping only to have the payment fall through. So now it costs them double: pay the utilities and labor costs to prep the order, then do it again to unbox and re-shelf it.

Makes sense... Make sure the payment method is legit before you dispatch the labor to physically process the order. Would end up costing Newegg money if they put people to work picking the items and preparing them for shipping only to have the payment fall through. So now it costs them double: pay the utilities and labor costs to prep the order, then do it again to unbox and re-shelf it.

.... They authorize it immediately and if they decide to they can wait to post the charges when it ships like amazon does.

Back