Newegg and UPS?

I live 45 mins from Newegg in SoCal, but my stuff comes in 1.5->2 days from the time I order it. Really fast service with UPS. Fedex was about the same, a little bit slower.

UPS is teh suck. Ordered two packages the past two weeks and arrived with almost half-destroyed boxes. Never had that problem before when they were using FedEx.

And like other people have mentioned, FedEx get my packages delivered to me a day earlier where as UPS gets it delivered "on-time" or 7:30 pm at night (happened to me twice) :rolleyes:

Is it just me or did the shipping fee increase for fedex ever since UPS has been added? I totally agree though... UPS sucks.

When i ordered 4k rounds of .223 ammo, the package had a 4 inch sticker that said "SIGNATURE REQUIRED" he crawled to the door, slammed it onto the ground and ran.

Thanks UPS
:rolleyes:

Alex A. said:
When i ordered 4k rounds of .223 ammo, the package had a 4 inch sticker that said "SIGNATURE REQUIRED" he crawled to the door, slammed it onto the ground and ran.

Thanks UPS
:rolleyes:
He's lucky he didn't slam it a bit harder lol.
I'll see what I think of UPS next time I order something. FedEx almost always delivered my 3-day packages in 2 days. I'm in Chicago, so I think of it as "the major shipping hub effect". From what I hear, FedEx isn't always better than UPS. What I've been hearing is that FedEx express is the best but FedEx ground sucks ass, so if you're shipping ground use UPS. In other words, HDs preferably go FedEx express but I generally prefer UPS ground when ordering a case unless it's from Newegg with thier discount 3-day shipping.

lol, I just got some stuff from newegg today that was shipped via UPS. I swear I almost fell over when I saw the condition of the box. It actually looked brand new like it had just been packaged by newegg.

This is probably one of those 1 in a million chance type things. My boxes will probably never again arrive looking that good. I work for UPS btw.

To my expierience i've had all the packages i've ordered have come a day early. BUt i haven't used UPS that much but my mom had a huge problem when they said they left a package at the dorr that was worth about 400 dollars and it was never there. There was no one home and they left it without even given request to leave it. SO from that i think i'lll be paying for FEDEX with newegg unless i really need to use UPS. Why doesn't newegg use DHL though i don't know if they are good or not but you would think they would use it anyway.?

well i've had good and bad experiences with both. shipping to NE Maine (as close to canada as it gets) fedex is usually on time and was once a day late. UPS was a day early once and my current card is on time (so far).

that being said i try to use fedex or in canada i use canada post.

a lot of my friends have terrible horror stories about ups. they were moving and shipped computers to themselves, got them destroyed and ups wouldn't honor their insurance cause they shipped to themselves

Express your concerns to [email protected] and not here or else nothing will change. My email was sent the first time I realized UPS parking outside my house 2 days after I expected my package.

carloswill said:
Express your concerns to [email protected] and not here or else nothing will change. My email was sent the first time I realized UPS parking outside my house 2 days after I expected my package.

No kidding, I seriously hope everyone in this thread has at least emailed them complaining about it.

i took their survey last time i ordered something, and at the end where the comments go i suggested that they switch back to fedex.

I use the Egg for alot of my purchases. Have for years.

UPS: Online tracking info is often posted 1-2 days late. They often attempt to deliver the package to me on the date specified. ** Thats all they promise so I can't really gripe** HOWEVER, it only takes the package one day usually to get to my local UPS distro center 1 mile from my house. If its schedualed for 5 day delivery they sit on it for 4 days refusing to let me pick it up. I have even had the people at the counter go get the package bring it to the counter then notice its not due for delivery for 2 more days and put it back in the storage. "Knock and Run?" They don't even knock. On days I am expecting important packages I sit in my living room with the outside door OPEN, with a sign saying UPS I am home. Once I fond a sticker on my porch railing 3 feet from the open door. WTF! is it a game? Do they hire x-covert ops or snipers? I wouldn't be suprised to get up off the chair one day and find UPS steathly put a "attempted to deliver" sticker on my arse!

FedEx - Usually 1-2 days early. However sometimes the local drivers get lost and can't find my house... odd since I can't imagine an easier to find address. One block from a major Interstate, one of 4 houses on a 200 foot long dead end road, with its own redlight and large street sign. /sigh

Like I said...Unless everyone in this thread actually voices their opinion, nothing will change.

I have stock in FEDEX and prefer their service so I am always pushing them. ;)

UPS sucks fucking dick. They cost more, support FedEX UPS is assholes and their drivers cut me off regularly. I had an x800xt AIW coming, and they sent it back to newegg claiming "False zipcode" dipshits. Fedex is always early, always faster, and ups is a bitch. Support fed ex, screw ups.

In the ennd i ordered a x850xt pe via fedex. w00t

Just sent this to Newegg's email...

I have been a customer of Newegg for several years now, and the switch to UPS definately is not a good thing. I am a member of several online forums and daily see people upset that good ole Newegg has switched to UPS. I frankly agree. UPS is always slow on updating their tracking #'s for one. Last time i used them it said "Left Origin" for 3 days and on the 4th day finally a whole bunch of stuff showed up 10 minutes before it got to my door. And what did he do at my door? He plopped my package down on the ground, knocked, and took off running! I live in an apartment complex! Its absolutely ridiculous, i mean there is an office to leave packages and everything! I have read many of the same experiences on places like Hardforum, XtremeSystems, and Anandtech. I am merely doing my part by emailing you to let you know our dissatisfaction with the change. I just ordered my new Sound Blaster X-Fi from ZipZoomFly, why, because its free 2 day FedEx shipping rather than UPS's poor service 3 day shipping. If UPS stays, many of your customers will surely go...

Sincerely,
XXXXX

Sad I just ordered a lil ol dvi to vga adaptor and...Im pretty sure it could fit in an envelope and get to me faster by USPS shipping, but no I had to pay $4 for UPS ground...whats even worse is I just got hired at UPS and still think FedEX is better. :rolleyes:

I usually opt for UPS shipping simply because UPS knows where my house is and FedEx can never find it :rolleyes: . It's all fun and games until your package gets sent back to the retailer :mad: .

UPS where i live sux, it takes them forever to deliver packages from Newegg. I had to pick up my HDD after 3 attempts by them which i did on the next day. Then 5 days later they mailed me a flyer telling me that i have a package to pickup which i did 5 days ago. The package seems like it just came from a warzone :rolleyes: . FedEx on the other hand is always a day or two days faster where i live. In fact one time the Fedex driver even track me down to my new apt. address a couple of blocks down from where i used to live :D

In Boston I have almost no problems....

due to the fact that the warehouses/hubs are in South Boston... not far
the ramps... distros aren't that far in MA

UPS- I always get the same guy... he even has time to talk to his wife I think.. in my neighborhood...

Their word is their word... CA>BOS is a miserable 5 BUS days

Fedex-Very nice... sometimes they would push it back a day or 2...
when I ship ground... almost always it gets put in the trailer trucks by night/early morning... major ground hub in CT

DHL-OMFG GROUND.. 17 hours!!! due to the major hub in willimington OH... and the major hub in South Boston... I got my logitech speakers in 17 hours ground!
Over night by 10:30... delivered at 10:28... I've only used it about 3-4 times... can't comment too much but its fast =)

USPS-2 days most of the time... due to great fedex serivce =)
the PO is a 7 minute walk... if I'm not home

basically in Boston... its very fast for me.. and I rarely get damaged packages
only experience with 3 day is the FREE shirt from Edison NJ... which took 1-2 days I think

Doesn't really make a difference to me but I prefer fedex

Piece of **** UPS :mad:

THE APARTMENT NUMBER IS MISSING OR IS INCORRECT. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN THIS INFORMATION.
1:41 A.M.

I don't understand how they can say the apartment number is missing or incorrect. The package is being sent to my office building! It's smack in the middle of the street and in yellowish colour. The number of the building is also RIGHT ON THE FRONT DOOR! There's no way to miss it unless you're vision impaired.

Unless the sender made a mistake which I highly doubt since he used Paypal shipment and I've filled out the shipping address on Paypal.

This really made me dislike UPS THAT MUCH MORE
:mad:

sorry for the rant

FedEx guy shows up and waits for me to come and get the package. The package has come a day early.

UPS guy is never even seen. He has thrown my package in front of my door and back in his truck before I can even answer the door. He has managed to wedge the package some how between the bottom of my door and the front porch the package is sitting on. When I open the door, the corner of the door immediately punctures the box. The package has come 1+ days late.

One of my best friends is a driver for UPS. He doesn't recommend using them either.

Never again will I order from Newegg using UPS.

So, here's an interesting Fedex (and Radio Shack) story.

The company I work for desperately needed 500 pieces of a special jack. Not being able to procure the desired amount from one of the larger retailers (Digikey, Mouser or Allied Electronics), we found that Radio Shack had them. We negotiate the price to a reasonable level (since it is 500 pieces afterall) and ask them to ship these parts Fedex second day. Instead, Radio Shack decides to ship them Fedex ground residential (even though the address was clearly that for a business, with the business name (Ourname Co., Inc.)).

The order was placed on a Thursday. Fedex attempts delivery on Saturday (we're not open). For those of you that don't know, Fedex residential does not deliver on Mondays (at least around here). So that brings us to Tuesday. 3:30 pm rolls around and there's still no package. We start calling all over the place and come to find out that there was a delivery attempt made at 1:00pm, but "no one was there"....... Right....... As far as I know, myself and 20 other people were in the building at the time. We had to drive out and meet the warehouse manager to pick up the package at an underpass at 4:30pm. ....... We weren't in the building... ya.... right... whatever......

legrand said:
So, here's an interesting Fedex (and Radio Shack) story.

The company I work for desperately needed 500 pieces of a special jack. Not being able to procure the desired amount from one of the larger retailers (Digikey, Mouser or Allied Electronics), we found that Radio Shack had them. We negotiate the price to a reasonable level (since it is 500 pieces afterall) and ask them to ship these parts Fedex second day. Instead, Radio Shack decides to ship them Fedex ground residential (even though the address was clearly that for a business, with the business name (Ourname Co., Inc.)).

The order was placed on a Thursday. Fedex attempts delivery on Saturday (we're not open). For those of you that don't know, Fedex residential does not deliver on Mondays (at least around here). So that brings us to Tuesday. 3:30 pm rolls around and there's still no package. We start calling all over the place and come to find out that there was a delivery attempt made at 1:00pm, but "no one was there"....... Right....... As far as I know, myself and 20 other people were in the building at the time. We had to drive out and meet the warehouse manager to pick up the package at an underpass at 4:30pm. ....... We weren't in the building... ya.... right... whatever......

Fedex ground is the same or WORSE then UPS, its Express Saver thats leet :D Even when compared to the upgraded UPS methods, 3-day or 2-day.

Just made my first purchase from ZZF w/ free 2nd Express FedEx shipping. The Egg wanted 6.99 for UPS 3 to 'whenever the hell it get's there' day shipping. Also, the PSU I ordered was cheaper then the Egg. Is the Egg cracking? :eek:

The 'egg may well be cracking. FedEx 3 day almost always got stuff from the 'egg to me in 2 days. I'm in Chicago, so go figure.
UPS, OTOH, seems to have decided to send my package from CA to KY first. It won't be late unless it doesn't get here tomorrow, but it's not a day early like the Fedex shipments were 9 times out of 10. The NJ part of my order apparently went straight from NJ to Chicago, but it didn't get to the Chicago area until late this morning- after the one that went through KY.
I still think UPS is the way to go for ground service, but thier express service sucks compared to FedEx. FedEx ground, OTOH, is nasty. Maybe not as bad as DHL, but still not good. UPS pretty much runs everything as part of the same system. With FedEx ground and Express are completely different systems. Around here they even have different delivery trucks.

Back